“great group experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 127 Hotels in Tucson
A TripAdvisor Member
“great group experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our group uses this hotel for our events and the staff is always wonderful. They are helpful and respond right away to our needs, and treat others who arrive as guests even when they are not staying on site. We appreciate their attention to detail.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your loyalty and business. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Arizona, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here over a Saturday night for a family gathering. We got a good weekend, senior rate. We'd stayed here several times before. Check-in was quick and friendly. The room was very good except that the carpet was torn and dirty (room 333). The hotel recently implemented free wifi, but I had some trouble signing on. I took the computer down to the desk and the desk clerk and I eventually figured it out. The instructions in the room are outdated. The beds were very comfortable. In-room coffee/tea maker. The hotel and room were up to the usual Hilton standard except for the carpet, which needed replacement. We'll undoubtedly stay here again as I would have rated the hotel "excellent" except for the condition of the carpet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you took advantage of our AARP rate. We have offered free wifi for years, but we recently upgraded our system--twice as many ports. We are sorry the upgrade inconvenienced you. I've alerted housekeeping to your carpet comment so the room can be put through the deep cleaning program. We hope to see you again on your next Tucson trip.
Vallejo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We flew in from California to stay at the Hilton for my cousin's wedding. All the staff were friendly and accomodating. The wedding planner was great, the people behind the desk were great, the people up on the executive level were great. The only set back for me was the airconditioner in the room was not very strong. Other than that...great trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that the wedding was wonderful! Hope to see you again on your next trip to Tucson.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was a nice surprise. I booked this property on Hotwire.

The property is located on a large boulevard but is far enough that you will not be bothered by any noise. It is a very high quality building. My room was of very high standard, nice clean bedding, renovated bathroom with a large shower, all in very good condition.

The lobby is a nice atrium with stunning mountain views. The hotel has a decent gym with machines featuring TV. It also has a outside pool with chairs and table - very pleasant.

Excellent, free, Internet connection. Very professional and friendly staff.

All services (grocery, pharmacy, etc) available within a short drive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you noting the quality of facilities and service. And the excellent, central location. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights just for pleasure. We had lived in Tucson for several years so knew of this hotel previously, but never stayed here before. We just stayed in the basic room overlooking the back side of the hotel, the pool side. We didn't need to spend the money on a mountain view because we lived here. But, if you're new to mountain areas, pay the money to have a high floor view of the mountains. They are beautiful here!
Our room was on the 4th floor which was fine. The room was nice sized with a desk to work on and the beds were very comfortable we thought. No micro or refrigerator in room but we didn't really need it. The pool area was very nice and inviting. The water was a bit chilly but refreshing when the temp outside is 110 degrees!! There was nice seating areas around the pool and even ceiling fans above some of them for air movement, which is nice.
While swimming I ran into the bar to get a couple bloody Mary's. The bartender must of been having a bad day. He was less than pleasant and very short on conversation. In my head I was thinking I either need to tip him like triple to make his day better or throw my bloody Mary at him and tell him to realize what kind of industry he works in!!! I politely asked if he puts olives in his Bloodys'. He had his back to me and said, "do you want olives?" I said one with olives and one without, my wife loves them. He didn't respond at all, nor did he turn around. When he brought them over to me, he was very standoffish feeling. I felt like dumping the drink on him to get ANY sort of emotion out of him. But I didn't say anything. Then the pool closed from 5p-6:30p for a private wedding. We didn't mind that so much.
Overall, the stay was pleasant. It was clean and comfortable. No real complaints on the hotel and I'd possibly stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: If you're not from a mountainous area, stay on the North side of hotel on highest floor possible...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words on the facilities. We apologize that the bartender's service did not meet Hilton standards. We hope to see you on your next visit.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

i enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Wonderful view of the mountains from my bedroom window and from the huge lobby panorama window. Room was clean and everything worked. I did not find the furniture to be that outdated as some have said. My only complaint was that the air conditioning system in the room is loud and the temperature hard to control. The Internet was fast and I was able to work in my room. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Check-in and check-out was fast.

I would have no hesitation stayed here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and have forwarded your air conditioner feedback to our engineering department. We hope to see you on your next visit.
Palmdale, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I love this Hotel because of the service I received and the pool and Fitness center. However it is time to redo the rooms. The cooling system in the room is way to loud and you can tell the furnishings are old.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your loyalty and your business.

Been to Hilton Tucson East? Share your experiences!