“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Chula Vista, United States
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This was a very nice hotel and I was very happy they allowed pets. Although dinner at the restaurant was a little pricey, it was very good. I would stay here again when visiting the area. The pool was very cold and could have been heated.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We work hard to make sure every guest feels well cared for, valued and respected.

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We lived in Tucson for nearly 20 years; 10 of them within walking distance of this hotel, in a "starter home" neighborhood, and never had reason to venture inside. What a pleasure to return 15 years later and discover such nice amenities.
The staff was top-notch, friendly and knowledgable. As an Honors member, I was upgraded to the Executive floor with a top-floor lounge for breakfast and cocktails ( my ONLY complaint about the staff was the hostess who was shutting down the breakfast that Sunday by not restocking food or utensils 20 minutes early, and was less than happy when I requested service).
Rooms are large and comfortable with all the standards you expect from the Hilton name. All have views of the Santa Catalina mountains. The pool area was a pleasant surprise, with covered and uncovered lounge areas and a separate hot tub. And the workout room is well equipped with poolside views.
Will we stay here again? Oh my yes!

• Stayed April 2013
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we are very happy we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you for your next stay!
Temecula, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Overall, very good trip. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. Great location to services. The hotel was clean and the grounds beautiful, very quiet and restfull. I would recomment this property again, and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Tucson East for a business meeting. Everything was fine about the hotel, including my room, the fitness center, the meeting rooms, etc. I would only comment that the location was a bit out of the way, being on the east side of town, away from the university, airport and downtown. It was, however, very convenient to my hiking outing in Sabino Canyon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed the hotel and your stay. You are correct; we are located closer to the geographic center of the city--we are about 10 miles from the airport and away from the congestion of the highway. Our location is located on one of Tucson's main boulevards and close to Sabino Canyon, Park Place Mall, Gaslight Theater, Udhall Park, restaurant row, etc. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
san diego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Staff courteous and helpful. Be sure to try the omelet. Great selection at breakfast buffet. The only complaint is that there is no exhaust fan in the bathrooms. Thought this was strange. If there for an event you will love it . Food was outstanding.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are also glad you enjoyed breakfast. Our Breakfast at Hilton buffet has over 40 items each morning and many guests tell us they like the omelets. We look forward to your next visit.
Everett, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I checked in late on the night of 26th of April 2013; I was extremely tired and once I made it up to my room (420) I noticed some sort of food waist stuck to the ceiling of the room. As I noted, I was tired and just dealt with it in the morning the next day (27th April), to my amazement after speaking with the front desk about the condition of the ceiling it took over half the day to have the room cleaned in a professional manner. This sort of thing I do not expect to see nor expect to take that long to fix at a Hilton Hotel may be at a Motel 6 but not a Hilton.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We apologize that there was an issue with the cleanliness of your ceiling. We should have noticed that during cleaning and corrected it prior to your check in. We are sorry the process took longer than you had anticipated. We want each guest to feel well cared for, valued and respected and I am sorry we missed the mark with you.
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm on my third work week staying at this hotel and I am still very impressed. From the front desk staff to the hardworking housekeeping folks, everyone is super friendly and polite. As a Diamond member with Hilton, my check-ins are always easy. I have noticed how quickly they help others get checked in and they make it look effortless. The rooms are very comfortable and clean and up to the standard you would expect from a full-service Hilton.

I've been traveling to Tucson an average of two weeks out of every month for the past six months and have stayed in several properties throughout the Tucson area. As a business traveler I gravitate towards mid-level hotels that offer the standard amenities such as free parking, good internet service, morning breakfast, spacious and clean rooms with a refrigerator and a microwave. I also like a good fitness room. Then suddenly this Hilton popped up with very reasonable rates, even lower than many of the mid-level properties I've been staying at. I've found all of those things I look for and more. Granted, my Diamond status helps with a few of these amenities, but mostly the services and amenities are standard for every guest.

A particularly noteworthy thing that happened on my first visit was that when I check out I forgot my smaller laptop case that had over $450 worth of electronic gadgets in it. I contacted the front desk nearly two hours after I had checked out and asked them to see if they could find it and secure it for me. They found it and called me back to confirm they could hold it for me until I returned or they could send it to me. I asked them to hold it and they had it delivered to my room prior to my arrival the following week!

I've enjoyed breakfast in their full service restaurant and found a wide selection of breafast foods including fresh fruits, yogurt, croissants, muffins, eggs any style, cereal, etc. Of course they also offer room service.

The hotel is within walking distance of a few restaurants and there are many, many more within a five minute drive. It is convenient to the mall and a ton of other shopping. Great location.

Room Tip: All rooms on higher floors have great views of the mountains surrounding Tucson.