“A bit out of the way, but nice property” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
LABOR DAY DEALS!
Ranked #47 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Bellevue, Washington
“A bit out of the way, but nice property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Tucson East for a business meeting. Everything was fine about the hotel, including my room, the fitness center, the meeting rooms, etc. I would only comment that the location was a bit out of the way, being on the east side of town, away from the university, airport and downtown. It was, however, very convenient to my hiking outing in Sabino Canyon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed the hotel and your stay. You are correct; we are located closer to the geographic center of the city--we are about 10 miles from the airport and away from the congestion of the highway. Our location is located on one of Tucson's main boulevards and close to Sabino Canyon, Park Place Mall, Gaslight Theater, Udhall Park, restaurant row, etc. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

420 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
san diego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Staff courteous and helpful. Be sure to try the omelet. Great selection at breakfast buffet. The only complaint is that there is no exhaust fan in the bathrooms. Thought this was strange. If there for an event you will love it . Food was outstanding.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are also glad you enjoyed breakfast. Our Breakfast at Hilton buffet has over 40 items each morning and many guests tell us they like the omelets. We look forward to your next visit.
Everett, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I checked in late on the night of 26th of April 2013; I was extremely tired and once I made it up to my room (420) I noticed some sort of food waist stuck to the ceiling of the room. As I noted, I was tired and just dealt with it in the morning the next day (27th April), to my amazement after speaking with the front desk about the condition of the ceiling it took over half the day to have the room cleaned in a professional manner. This sort of thing I do not expect to see nor expect to take that long to fix at a Hilton Hotel may be at a Motel 6 but not a Hilton.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We apologize that there was an issue with the cleanliness of your ceiling. We should have noticed that during cleaning and corrected it prior to your check in. We are sorry the process took longer than you had anticipated. We want each guest to feel well cared for, valued and respected and I am sorry we missed the mark with you.
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm on my third work week staying at this hotel and I am still very impressed. From the front desk staff to the hardworking housekeeping folks, everyone is super friendly and polite. As a Diamond member with Hilton, my check-ins are always easy. I have noticed how quickly they help others get checked in and they make it look effortless. The rooms are very comfortable and clean and up to the standard you would expect from a full-service Hilton.

I've been traveling to Tucson an average of two weeks out of every month for the past six months and have stayed in several properties throughout the Tucson area. As a business traveler I gravitate towards mid-level hotels that offer the standard amenities such as free parking, good internet service, morning breakfast, spacious and clean rooms with a refrigerator and a microwave. I also like a good fitness room. Then suddenly this Hilton popped up with very reasonable rates, even lower than many of the mid-level properties I've been staying at. I've found all of those things I look for and more. Granted, my Diamond status helps with a few of these amenities, but mostly the services and amenities are standard for every guest.

A particularly noteworthy thing that happened on my first visit was that when I check out I forgot my smaller laptop case that had over $450 worth of electronic gadgets in it. I contacted the front desk nearly two hours after I had checked out and asked them to see if they could find it and secure it for me. They found it and called me back to confirm they could hold it for me until I returned or they could send it to me. I asked them to hold it and they had it delivered to my room prior to my arrival the following week!

I've enjoyed breakfast in their full service restaurant and found a wide selection of breafast foods including fresh fruits, yogurt, croissants, muffins, eggs any style, cereal, etc. Of course they also offer room service.

The hotel is within walking distance of a few restaurants and there are many, many more within a five minute drive. It is convenient to the mall and a ton of other shopping. Great location.

Room Tip: All rooms on higher floors have great views of the mountains surrounding Tucson.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you are enjoying everything about our hotel--with the amount of travel you do and the vast number of hotels you are familiar with, your praise is high praise indeed. We're glad to be your new favorite hotel in Tucson and we are happy to see you so often!
Vail, AZ, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

They allowed us to check in early which was very nice since it was our wedding day and we were getting married at 3 pm and wouldn't be back to the hotel till close to 11 pm. Excellent service. They really deliver on their promise because we felt pampered and special on our special day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. We were happy to be a small part of your important day and we wish you and your new spouse all the joys that life has to offer. Congratulations on your wedding!
on th road
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My stay was in July 2012
Check in was easy and the staff was friendly and welcoming, accommodating my request for a non-smoking and pet free room, which I really appreciated. Microwave ovens or mini fridges could be requested for an additional $5 each, per night. John, at the concierge/bell desk, was VERY helpful in locating a specialized retailer in Tucson for me, making calls and searching the internet. He went above and beyond to be of service, and I appreciate his efforts.

It was surprisingly quiet in my room despite being nearest the ice/vending machines and elevator. Lighting in the room and bathroom was plentiful and everything functioned properly. The bed and pillows were wonderfully soft and comfortable.

Dinner at the hotel restaurant was good, though high priced as expected. The service was exceptional there, too. Check out was quick and easy. The front desk personnel were very helpful with a free Tucson map and directions around town.

On the negative side, the bathroom was incredibly tiny. A person has to squeeze into the room and close the door to allow room to use the toilet or step into the bathtub.

The ice machines for guests, on the 3rd and 4th floors were inadequate and had no ice the 2 days I was there. I had to go to the front desk and request ice from their machine on that floor, which is not accessible to guests. But the staff was very helpful and accommodating.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are a 100% smoke free hotel and were pleased you enjoyed your room. So glad our bell staff "went above and beyond" to make your stay pleasant. Thank you for noticing the quietness of the rooms are and how comfortable the beds are.

We are pleased you enjoyed dinner also. I've forwarded your ice machine comments to our Chief Engineer for resolution. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
tucson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had a one night get away stay at the Hilton East in Tucson. We got a great deal on the room, which included Happy Hour, and then breakfast the next morning. Our room was really nice. It was spacious, clean, and quiet. We also had free internet access. This was a great Hotel, and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased you took advantage of our Executive Level weekend promotion and that you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Been to Hilton Tucson East? Share your experiences!