“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Glendale, Arizona
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very nice hotel for the price. Not overly frilly but a great bargain and nice location on east side of town. The concierge floor offers good breakfast choices and all food, juices and coffee is replenished timely. I would definitely stay here again. Quiet too.

Room Tip: Concierge floor rooms are a good deal.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your room and the Breakfast at Hilton buffet. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel during your next trip to Tucson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Excellent four nights at this hotel. It was quiet, clean, modern, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The room packages vary - I believe all include breakfast on the 7th floor, some packages also include an evening reception on the 7th floor and breakfast on the 2nd floor. The hotel has been updated, but the bathrooms are still quite small - if the doors opened out, it would be easier to turn around in the bathroom. One issue the hotel should address is the valence over the curtains. What's the first thing eveyone does when they check in to a hotel? Don't they look out the window before they pull the curtains closed? Well watch your head, the wooden valence will impact with your head if you are over 5'6". The hotel is lucky it hasn't ended up with a legal issue from this health & safety issue.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the Executive Level an excellent value. We have many room types and packages available--some include the Executive Level (with our Executive Lounge that serves a fast and convenient continental breakfast, all day snacks and beverages and an evening reception with appetizers and beer, wine and well bar), some include Breakfast at Hilton (in our restaurant with 40 buffet items, omelet station, waffle maker and entrees from the breakfast grill), some are for standard rooms only, etc. We strive to offer something for everyone. Thank you for your feedback on the windows and our beautiful views. Our team is a bit confused by your feedback about the valance--in a recent renovation, valences were actually raised and upgraded to a warm wood which matches the desk, entertainment/dresser and A/C cover. We appreciate your high marks and look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

From the outside this looks like a great place to spend the night. However, when we got to our room it was warm so we tried to turn on the A/C unit. It appeared that the control unit was broken. However, we figured out that there is a significant delay when turning the system on. Very confusing and frustrating. When the A/C unit finally kicked in, OMG the vibration was deafening!!! We shut the unit down for a bit and could hear the vibration from adjoining rooms. We even tried to put the chair cushion on the unit to deaden the noise.
The gap at the bottom of the door to the room went from zero inches on one side to 3/4" on the other end of the door. The light from the hallway was like having a light on inside the room!!
For the price there has to be much better places to stay in Tucson

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us so we can quickly take care of the issues you encountered. I’ve asked our engineers to look into why your room was warm in the first place and I’ve also asked them to check the entire AC system in your room including thermostat. I’m sorry if noise/light from the hallway made you uncomfortable. We encourage guests to let us know about any issue they might encounter during their stay so we can fix it immediately. Our goal is to make every guest feel valued, respected and well cared for. Your comments will help us to correct these issues and offer a better experience for our guests. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in Tucson.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here in October 2012 for business. We were coming from Vegas so this was a nice change; quiet and relaxing :)
Overall I liked this hotel. I used room service on the first night and they came quickly and my veggie pasta was delicious! Parking was free and they also have a free shuttle that takes you anywhere in a 3 mile radius. Also free internet. We asked for dinner recommendations and they gave a GREAT Mexican restaurant recommendation, Guadalajara - we are so glad we asked and so glad we went! Definitely one of the highlights of our trip. The only downside to this hotel is that it's not near the center of Tucson (although, I never went to the center/downtown so I don't know if this is really a bad thing). You definitely need a car.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. I thought the bed was SUPER comfortable... I love down blankets!! I slept much better here than I did in Vegas. I would stay here again :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your review. And thank you for your superb rating of so many of the amenities our hotel has to offer. You are correct, Tucson is very different from Las Vegas--there is no "strip" area surrounded by attractions. Tucson is spread out and there are great attractions all over the city to explore. We are glad our staff's efforts to make you feel valued, respected and well cared for were successful. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next Tucson trip.
Collings Lakes, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Very pleased with the accomodations. Parking was free. Hotel lovely. We upgraded to the executive level, worth the upgrade. Floor accessible by key only, very nice manager's reception and breakfast was wonderful. Quiet floor, very clean and comfortable room. Pool area nice with plenty of chairs and large sitting area. Staff very friendly and accomodating. This is a very nice Hilton property and will stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: upgrade to the executive level if possible. quiet floor, nice lounge area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your Executive Level room and all the extra amenities. I will pass your compliments to the Chef on the reception food and breakfast. You said the Executive Level is a great value and we hear that from many guests. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next Tucson visit.
Fort calhoun NE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Overall not a bad hotel quite at night to sleep in Beds comfortable overpriced water to buy in your room and not a very well lit parking lot at night wedding reception was going on 2nd floor one night and music was lound and obnoxious party goers in lobby did not like that asked for extra towels at 8am by the time we got back at 9 or 10pm still not in room. Had to go ask for them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you found our beds very comfortable and liked our hotel. We are sorry other guests in the hotel celebrating a wedding disturbed you on your way through the lobby one evening.

Our front desk team apologizes for missing your request for additional towels in your room. For our guests' convenience, we have pool towels located at the pool so guests don't have to bring room towels to the pool area and we are sorry that this was miscommunicated. The City of Tucson has low lighting ordinances that limit the brightness of lights. As with all city lighting, our parking lights comply with those laws. However, our guests' safety and security is of utmost importance. If a guest is new to low lighting, we don't want him/her to feel unsafe--our valet services are complimentary and guests can pull their car up to the porte cache at the front door to take advantage of this service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

First, let me say the staff at this property are superb. Their commitment to providing outstanding service is shown at this property. I congratulate them and the management for their hospitality. I stayed here for two nights for business. Upon check in I was given breakfast coupons, and lounge coupons good for appetizer/drink/etc. I was offered a room on the executive lounge, but chose a standard King room on the second floor. FYI everything (Food, Pool, Bar, Gym) is on the second floor. I had traveled for 5 days prior to arriving at the hotel and needed to do laundry. I went down to the desk to ask where a local laundry mat was and was told they had one onsite with detergent, etc. Unfortunately, the dryer was broken (but the kind service staff was down working on it) and said it probably needed replaced. The manager and front office staff told me to wash my clothes and they would dry it in their Hotel laundry area. They went out of there way to go down and get my laundry, dry it, fold/hang and bring it back to my room at no charge. To me, this meant a million bucks! Thank you to the staff!

On to the rooms and other property notes. My standard King room was suffice. They bed was comfortable and very clean. The room was a little outdated, (light wood furniture/fixtures). The bathroom was updated and the tub removed, so the shower was walk in. I hate tubs in hotels and applaud them for updating their bathrooms. The downside to the room was the A/C. It was old and noisy and rattled every time it clicked on. The room, even when turned down to 65, was always warm. It did never cool off. It wasn't awful, but tolerable I'd say. I probably should have told them about it, but I didn't complain because my experience was going so well.

I had breakfast one morning and it was great! Chef prepared omelets and a buffet of lots of other things.

Parking is free and the parking lot is huge and well lit. The pool area is very nice! When I return to Tucson I will absolutely stay here and recommend to my business colleagues.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback concerning our staff. Our goal is to make each guest feel valued, respected and well cared for--sounds like we succeeded with you! We're glad you like the room renovations which include walk in showers in the King bed rooms. I'm so glad the team was able to help you with your laundry. We are glad that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Tucson. We encourage every guest to let us know if there is something we can do for them during their stay because we like to make things right on the spot. I'm sorry your A/C wasn't 100%; in Tucson, A/Cs work hard over the summer and at our hotel, the internal components are on a preventative maintenance schedule. But if something occurs between replacements, we do want to fix it for you right away.

Been to Hilton Tucson East? Share your experiences!