“Bedbugs” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Bedbugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

October 2011, 5th floor-I too was bitten severely by bedbugs at the Hilton east. I returned home with over 12 bites, all were in a linear pattern. The first thing the doctor asked after viewing the bites was "have you been traveling" The Doctor diagnosed the bites as bedbugs.(His diagnosis, not mine) After not receiving a returned call from the Manager at the hotel, I called the corporate office in Dallas. A women named Cherri assured me that she would get back to me within 48 hours. I never heard from her again.My e-mails were all ignored. Three months after the incident, I returned to Tucson. I called the hotel & asked if they had found any bedbugs. The Manager indicated that they have NEVER had one complaint. When I told him that I had made a complaint & contacted the health department, he stated that I was looking for a free room- He also had a change of memory & stated that my room was searched, & no bugs were found. I will never stay at this hotel again. They took zero responsibility!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for your review. I want to personally apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had with our hotel last year. Please know all our rooms undergo scheduled regular screenings and preventative spraying for pests. Any concern by a team member or guest results in a professional inspection by the leading expert company because the health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We strive to provide our guests with 100% satisfaction.

Most importantly, I would like to apologize for the way the situation was handled; we appreciate each of our guests and an issue such as yours should be treated with the utmost care and concern. I am very sorry we did not properly handle the situation. We appreciate you bringing the way we handled it our attention and will work to make sure it is addressed with the staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Check-in was great, that doesn’t happen too often. The front desk lady was absolutely charming with a great sense of humor. I was welcomed as a Hilton Honors member and as a guest.

The room was ready as advertised. It was clean and well maintained. There was a real shower with real doors instead of those now ubiquitous curved curtains even if the bath was small it was still quite nice. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet.

The exterior is well groomed and is very welcoming. I will echo another reviewer’s comment on the public places in the hotel, being spacious with the entry atrium offering nice views of the mountains. We did not avail ourselves of the offered breakfast nor the Hilton reception so I cannot comment on those.

We used the hotel as a base for a bit of exploring and a Tucson Padres baseball game.

We’ll be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are happy you noticed our efforts to provide guests with a friendly and fast check in. We have many return HHonors guests and we are always happy to welcome a new HHonors guest, such as yourself, to our hotel. We are pleased that you liked your sleeping room. Our renovated rooms feature many upgrades -- one being glass showers in the the King rooms -- we are happy you noticed. Thank you for noticing our large, flexible public spaces and our gorgeous mountain views. We are so glad you stayed with us and we've become your "home away from home" for Tucson trips. Looking forward to welcoming you back next time!
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton Tucson East hotel for the second time. The hotel is outstanding for the price, cleanliness, and service. Check in was a breeze. The rooms have been recently updated and are clean and spacious, with new flat screen TVs. The linens are new and the beds are comfortable. The public spaces of the hotel are quite large, with a great view of the mountains from the atrium. My rate included the buffet breakfast. They had a guy make eggs to order early in the week. The breakfast buffet had plenty of choices and what was on offer changed from day to day. All the food was well prepared and tasty. If you are in Tucson, please stay at this hotel. It's a great place to stay and its conveniently located if you have business on the east side of town.

Room Tip: All the rooms are well located.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your enthusiastic endorsement of our hotel, our staff and our services. We are so pleased you noticed how clean your room was; our housekeeping team works very hard to exceed our guests' expectations. And we are so glad you enjoyed Breakfast at Hilton. Our breakfast buffet includes over 40 items, an omelet station, waffle maker and as if that's not enough, it also includes items from the breakfast grill. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again on your next trip to Tucson.
wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Up to Hilton standards and reasonably priced.
I assume the lower than usual prices for a Hilton are a result of this property being a bit out of the way. But having family nearby its perfect for me. Will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed July 2012
, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for your review. We thank you for your compliments about the hotel being "quite nice" and that we are up to Hilton's high standards--our last renovation which is completed touched every area of the hotel and added all the new Hilton brand requirements to our sleeping rooms and public areas. We are so glad you liked them. The Hilton Tucson East is located near Broadway and Kolb--near the geographic center of Tucson. The downtown portion of Tucson is on the west by I-10 and is 7 miles from the hotel. We are pleased you were able to take advantage of one of our special Independence Day holiday rates. During the summer, Tucson's hotels and resorts periodically offer special promotions--we look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Tucson.
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This was a perfect vacation from start to finish. The hotel is not so big as to be impersonal, but not too small either. It was just right. The hotel is easy to find. There is a large parking area that is well lit and close to the hotel entrance. A very helpful young lady checked us in and answered all our questions. She helped us to decide to upgrade to the executive level. I recommend that for any traveler. For just a little more, the rooms have robes with hilton slippers that were nice to have. and a special area for breakfast. They said it was a continental breakfast but it had cereal, fruit, scrambled eggs, belgian waffle maker and more which was all my husband and I needed. It also includes the nightly reception in that same private area which is on the top floor and looks out onto the city and the mountains. pretty views. The reception has several choices of appetizers and each of us got 2 free drinks. We could choose beer, wine or well drinks. My husband wanted an addtional beer and was able to buy one at happy hour prices. We were super happy with all of this.

our room was very clean and looked nice. It was a hot day and the air conditioner chilled our room very nicely. We spent some time at the pool that day. The area around the pool has lots of places to sit and many covered areas which couples and families were using. A really good set up. The location of the hotel was perfect for exploring Tucson and the places we wanted to see this trip...Sabino Canyon, Pima Air and Space Museum and Reid Park Zoo. The hotel staff recommended several restaurants that we enjoyed. We were amazed at how friendly and knowledgable the hotel staff was. And always a smile.

We will definitely be back to Tucson in the future and we will stay again at this hotel.

Room Tip: Spend the few dollars to get the executive level. it's a good deal.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your wholehearted recommendation of our hotel. Many of our guests agree with you and tell us they like the Executive Level with all the added amenitites you mention. You are correct, it is nice to have the upgrades and a very good value. Thank you for your kind comments about the decor in your room. We appreciate your feedback on the cleanliness of your room--we'll pass on an "attaboy" to the housekeeping team. I'm glad our location served you well. We are close to the geographic center of town and that makes us very convenient to the attractions you mention around town. We are glad our front desk team was able to recommend some new favorite restaurants for you and we all look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Tucson.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Just got back from staying here for two nights. It was not exactly what you expect from a Hilton, but a pleasant experience none the less. The rooms were clean, but the carpet was frayed in a spot. Staff was polite and more than helpful. Nice pool and spa area.

Room Tip: I named my own price on priceline and received this hotel as my winning bid for $54 a night. More th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Issue_Resolution, Director of Sales at Hilton Tucson East, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind comments about the cleanliness of our guest rooms, the friendliness of our staff and the quality of our pool and garden terraces. We apologize that your carpet had a bad spot; room maintenance is an ongoing effort and we regret having missed that in your room prior to your check in. We are pleased to hear that you found us on Priceline--finding a new favorite place to stay in the process, as well as, a great value. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay.
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hilton East. Very friendly staff! The room was spacious and clean. I usually have problems sleeping on hotel beds, but this bed was wonderful! Although I didn't get a chance to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast, it was available. Room service was very good (try the pacific salmon). Great location (minutes from the mall) and 20 minutes from the airport. I will recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Tucson. Great value for the price. btw..This was not my first visit, but since my last trip there have been a number of improvements. This is where I plan to stay when I return to Tucson.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you noticed all the upgrades and renovations to the hotel since your last stay. We are also happy that you had a restful evening and enjoyed our Hilton Serenity Beds. Thank you for noticing how clean your room was--our housekeeping team works hard to exceed our guests' expectations. We appreciate your whole-hearted recommendation of our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Tucson!

Been to Hilton Tucson East? Share your experiences!