“Absolute Nightmare!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Suites

You added Flamingo Suites to your Saves list
Flamingo Suites
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   401 West Lavery Lane, Tucson, AZ 85704 (Formerly Travelodge Suites)   |
Ranked #120 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Absolute Nightmare!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This place is the worst ever!! First of all, we had to pay for our entire stay up front (before we saw the room). Then when we got to the room, it reeked of cigarettes and had cigarette burns on everything. There were roaches coming in under the door and smashed bugs on the wall! There was no hot water and the only TP was a roll that had been wet and then had dried. It was stained yellow and kinda crunchy. When we said we wanted our money back they refused! We reported them to the BBB and after a lot of haggling with the owner got $100 back. They should have paid us for trauma and suffering!!! DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE!!! The Best Western next door was pretty nice for the price though.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
albuquerque
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here couple of times in 2011 and 2010- and it was a great bargain. Winter 2012- the room reeks from cigarets. People are standing in their doorways smoking. A girl came and complained someone broke into her room smashing a window. Rooms close to the street are noisy.Why did we check in? It was late and the kids were tired. It was a mistake. Nice people working here, though.

Room Tip: A very smoker-friendly place. It this is you, do stay. If your health is important for you, pay more...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
tucson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at this filthy garbage pit For two days. I got what I paid for this was my worst nightmare. They have no security whatsoever! My car was broken into by a fellow visitor. The management could care less. After my visit I wound up at a local hospital infected withMRSA do to the filthy premises that I had paid to rent.WARNING STAY AWAY FROM THIS MESS!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
tucson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

phone not working air conditioner not working was provided with a fan on a day that was 109 degrees and reading the rest of the reviews i really can not add anything more, but i believe the health department and the consumer fraud division of the proper authorities should bet involved with this fradulent business. i have reported this place to the BBB maybe the next time i see this place it will be closed. these kind of places need to be monitored more closely they give traveling through tucson a very bad name

Room Tip: do not book this hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

Stay away from this dump. We booked a large room thinking we would have a great time during our stay in Tucson... Forget it... The room had all kinds of bugs in it. Furthermore, the manager was rude and still charged us for the night even though the conditions of the room were inhospitable. Save yourself the trouble and stay somewhere else. I just can't believe this place isn't shut down by health inspectors.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Bowie, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

This was the first time that I have encountered bedbugs in any hotel. I was bitten 10 or so times in the night... I've travelled throughout Central and South America and stayed at some pretty seedy hotels without having a similar terrible incident. However, I've now read on the web that bedbug infestations have increased dramatically within the US over the last 10 years or so.

The Flamingo Suites is no dive, and the room we stayed in had good access, a nice kitchen, was quiet, and the hotel grounds are beautifully landscaped. However, the rug was quite dirty (turned soles of bare feet almost black after taking only a few steps) and most notably the area under the headboard was filthy. The latter floor area was inspected while looking for crawling bedbugs; I pulled the bed away from the wall upon waking early in morning and after finding numerous bloodspots on white bedsheets.

I found 4 bedbugs in total - 3 on sheets and one one the wall below headboard. I was able to collect 3 of these parasites and deposited them in a tiny shampoo bottle. I gave the bottle with the insect parasites to hotel staff. I also showed the hotel staff the bloodspots on my sheets and also pointed out that similar bloodspots were evident on the sheets of my wife's bed (these blood stains remained after the sheets were washed) - though thankfully she was not attacked in the night. However, the telltale bloodspots on her sheets may be a sign that other rooms in this hotel may be infested with this human parasite.

Although the hotel staff assured me that the hotel's owner would call me to discuss this matter, he never did. I carry a pillow with me on trips, but decided to abandon it given the high probability that it would have eggs of bedbugs deposited on it.

That afternoon we departed Tucson and flew home to Maryland. Even though I left our suitcases in the back of our minivan for 2 1/2 days, incredibly - I still pulled a LIVE adult bedbug from the outside of my cloth suitcase.

What an experience... Now I have the added problem of monitoring for and perhaps exterminating these human parasites at my home!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
The Hague
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

The price of the motel was quite low with a room saver coupon (about 40 dollars including tax). The room was fine, and included a kitchen.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingo Suites? Share your experiences!