The Lodge on the Desert gives travelers so much for their money. We arrived earlier than expected and called from the road to request an early check-in. I explained my trunk would not lock, and I needed to at least hold our luggage and laptops at the hotel until our room was ready. The gentleman on the phone told me he would make certain our room was ready when we arrived, and it was.
Chaese at the front desk was attentive and welcoming. He offered suggestions about what to do in the area and suggested the best routes to travel. When we checked out two days later, he specifically asked about all members of our family, to ensure everyone had a nice stay. There were many people at the hotel when we were there, I was happily surprised he remembered our daughters so well. GREAT, VERY PERSONAL SERVICE!
Our room was clean, spacious and had wonderful coffee. It was lovingly decorated. The balcony was small, but we happily made use of it. The grounds were very nicely maintained, and felt very private, even though we were close to town. I was truly amazed at all we got for the very reasonable price we paid for our stay.
We had a $50.00 hotel credit which we used at the restaurant. The setting was lovely, and the food was very good. We had breakfast and dinner at the restaurant. Dinner was a bit pricey, but the outdoor fire pit and convenience of the location made it worth it. Breakfast was delicious and more reasonably priced for what was offered. The breakfast menu was very extensive, especially for a hotel. I enjoyed a wonderful watermelon, sea salt and coconut milk drink with breakfast. Had we stayed longer, I would have tried a different drink each morning. I usually just have coffee and water with breakfast, but the drinks looked too wonderful to pass up!
I spend at least six weeks a year in hotels, and the Lodge at the Desert is the best bargain, by far, I have found.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge On The Desert Hotel Tucson
- Lodge On The Desert Hotel
- Hotel On The Desert
- On The Desert Tucson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 103-room boutique hotel is situated on five acres in mid-town Tucson, AZ and appeals to leisure and business travelers alike. Plus with event spaces for up to 175 guests, Lodge on the Desert is popular for small to mid-size meetings and intimate social gatherings. An Arizona landmark and Tucson tradition renowned for its intimate residential setting and genial hospitality, here guests discover pathways meandering among regal palms, native cacti and manicured lawns wrapped in ribbons of seasonal flowers. Charming hacienda-style accommodations afford guests a sanctuary in which to retreat and relax. It is truly Tucson's urban oasis. And considered by many to be the Old Pueblo's mid-town masterpiece. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Lodge on the Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.