My sister and I stayed at the Lodge last February and were very disappointed with the condition of our room. When I made the reservation, ( I am a history buff) I had seen a photo of an historic room that looked wonderful, so asked for that type of room. When we arrived, we were greeted by a very friendly desk person who was efficient about checkin. But when we got to our room, it wasn't "historic", it was just old and tired. Our bathroom was a disaster--Cracked sink, also stopped up, broken and cracked tile on walls and floor. When we complained, they were full and couldn't change our room, so I asked that we get a price reduction, because it was way overpriced for the shape it was in. The manager was very pleasant, acknowledging that all of their rooms had not been remodeled yet and that he would think about giving us a price break. Bottom line was that he did not give us a break on price. On the positive side, the grounds are beautiful, the facility is quiet and peaceful and any staff we came in contact with, were extremely helpful and friendly. This facility was convenient to everything we wanted to do in Tucson. We had several meals in the restaurant, where the food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. The restaurant staff gave us superb service and remembered us each time we were there. What a shame that we came away from that experience with a sour taste because the manager did not care about his part in customer service. I would recommend the Lodge to others as long as they ask for the deluxe rooms.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge On The Desert Hotel Tucson
- Lodge On The Desert Hotel
- Hotel On The Desert
- On The Desert Tucson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 103-room boutique hotel is situated on five acres in mid-town Tucson, AZ and appeals to leisure and business travelers alike. Plus with event spaces for up to 175 guests, Lodge on the Desert is popular for small to mid-size meetings and intimate social gatherings. An Arizona landmark and Tucson tradition renowned for its intimate residential setting and genial hospitality, here guests discover pathways meandering among regal palms, native cacti and manicured lawns wrapped in ribbons of seasonal flowers. Charming hacienda-style accommodations afford guests a sanctuary in which to retreat and relax. It is truly Tucson's urban oasis. And considered by many to be the Old Pueblo's mid-town masterpiece. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Venere, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Lodge on the Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.