What we liked: We loved the special Hilton Serenity bed!! We got excellent sleep and are considering purchasing a bed from Hilton. Also, the location is pretty good. It’s on the north end of Tucson, which makes the drive from Phoenix shorter. It’s a little far from downtown Tucson, but we found lots of restaurants and things to do in the North end of town.
What we didn’t like: We have two major complaints. First, the walk from the parking lot to our room was easily 1/4 of a mile each way. Leave your hotel room twice (by car) and you've walked a mile. Not a problem, except that someone in our party had recently injured his back and it was too far too walk, especially with luggage.
Our biggest complaint is the terrible and disrespectful service we received from the front desk. We have Hilton Honors Gold VIP status which enables us to free internet at any Hilton. This is a new benefit and it was recommended that I bring along the email stating that all internet access for Gold VIP level or higher would now be free. So, when we get to the hotel, the gentleman who checked us in (can't remember his name) refused to give us free internet. He told us that since we didn't book directly with Hilton, we weren't entitled to any Hilton Honors privileges. I totally understand not receiving Hilton Honors points, and never asked to receive any points. But, the fine print on the email stating we would receive free internet access didn't mention anything about how the booking needed to be placed. We booked our hotel through Expedia, because I won a $50 Expedia coupon. We love Hilton (usually), and wanted to visit Tucson. Again, I understand not earning any points was part of the deal and was warned of that on the Expedia site, but to not be recognized or acknowledged as a VIP is very disappointing. I guess next time I win a coupon for Expedia; I’ll have to choose a non-Hilton hotel. We still enjoy the Hilton brand, and in the past we’ve received welcome letters and discounts welcoming us to the hotel as VIP guests, which is why we were so surprised to be told that we aren’t VIP’s to Hilton if we didn’t book directly through Hilton.
The front desk agent was very rude and argued with us about the free internet. I offered to let him read the email I received from Hilton Honors, but he refused and made it clear that he didn't agree with my complaint - but would give us the free internet, just THIS ONE TIME. He made it clear that he was very annoyed with us and didn’t feel like arguing with us any longer. I’ve got lots of customer service experience, and if he had simply said something like ….”I understand you’re upset, I would be upset too, I wish I could help, but our hotel doesn’t follow all of the Hilton Honors guidelines”, I think I would have been OK with that, but he just kept insisting that we couldn’t get Hilton Honors points unless we booked with Hilton. He said we would not be recognized as any type of Hilton Honors member since we didn’t book directly through Hilton. If we weren’t already tired from driving nearly 2 hours, I would have insisted on talking to the manager, but I just wanted to get away from this extremely discourteous man. We were angry about his attitude and our argument the whole time we were there, which resulted in our avoidance of the front desk.
Other annoyances: We arrived on a Saturday and Sunday morning there was absolutely no hot water coming from any faucet. We didn’t have time to wait for it to be fixed, and luckily it was working when we came back in the late afternoon.
Finally, on top of everything else, we made a conscious choice not to eat at any of the hotel restaurants, and definitely didn’t drink at the hotel bar, but when we were ready to check out there was a room charge of $40 charged to our room for a purchase in the lobby bar. They agreed to remove the charge from our bill, but it was just another lack of service in our eyes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 500 acres of serene, colorful high Sonoran Desert terrain in the foothills of the majestic Santa Catalina Mountains, the full-service Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort offers a magnificent setting, minutes from Tucson's renowned entertainment. Come experience the rare wonders of our AAA Four Diamond retreat, where plush amenities and superior service combine for an unrivaled experience, no matter what the occasion might be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels and Expedia so you can book your Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Hotel Tucson
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf And Tennis Resort
- Hilton Hotel Tucson
- Tucson Hilton