“Delightful, but inconsistent” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 127 Hotels in Tucson
Frisco, Texas
“Delightful, but inconsistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Hotels are a tough business, and the Hilton El Conquistador is a prime example. Fantastic property, difficult parking. Very Friendly folks, but pockets of good service (Crystal, Jennifer, Will from the front desk, Nelson from Epazote), and pockets of non-existent service (Sundance in general). I'm okay with mistakes, but not with poor communications inside the hotel. For example, we called the Concierge Desk, and got routed to the Front Desk. We asked for a call back, but the Concierge never got the message after 4 hours had gone by. HHonors benefits weren't discussed at all, especially not the process for that hotel, so we had a lot of bill rework to do (especially at Sundance). One of our rooms had the AC go out, but the front desk didn't understand what had really happened. Hard to fix problems when you don't know about them, and the front desk is the frontline.

Hotel is busy on weekends, so make sure you scope out all the secondary parking lots to shorten your walk. The Pool is fantastic, though very busy at night in the summertime, so plan accordingly. My yardstick is a simple question: would I go back again if I were paying for it? My answer is Absolutely Yes, but there's a little work to be done here.

Room Tip: Casitas are wonderful, but away from the main pool and restaurants.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lynn E, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the challenges you experienced with billing, and the front desk communication. Your feedback has been shared with the appropriate department managers, and the necessary retraining will take place. I will also personally recognize the team members that you mentioned for their hospitality.
We will look forward to welcoming you back again the next time your travels bring you back to Tucson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Prescott, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Hotel room was very quiet and clean, but needs upgraded. The pool and grounds are beautiful. We had a Mountain View room which is a memorable sunset. Food/drink prices are reasonable and they have a good happy hour.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. Our location and views from the resort are some of the best in Tucson. I am pleased you found your guestroom comfortable, and we are anticipating a property refresh in the near future. Thank you for staying with us, we will look forward to welcoming you back again should your travels return you to Tucson.
phoenix, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

the grounds where beautiful and the pools were great! There is a slide for the kids which my grandson truly enjoyed. the beds were comfy. We ate breakfast and dinner there and its was very good. The price for the breakfast buffet was a little high but tasted great!We were there for a wedding and truly enjoyed the time we had at the hilton and would definitely return.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Lynn E, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that your grandson enjoyed the slide pool. Your feedback regarding your dining experience; I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Thank you for staying with us, we will look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Tucson.
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I spent a three day weekend at this property a few weeks ago, and the staff could not have been more professional, accommodating, and courteous. The service was exceptional from start to finish, from my initial reservation call with Jeff; check-in with Marissa; the pool bar with Tim; breakfast served with great anecdotes by Gino and Jessica; an amazing golf experience set up by Dan H. at the nine hole course; and check-out with Jasmin, everyone we encountered represented the property flawlessly and made it known that this is a top-tier property with some truly amazing people helping to make it that way. The rooms could use some renovation, sure, but the housekeeping itself was wonderful, and the overall experience was excellent. I will surely be back.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face into the courtyard and toward the pool. Odd numbered rooms face outward, ei...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lynn E, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that our team members delivered exceptional service, and you enjoyed your stay. Please know that I will personally recognize each of the individuals you mentioned. Thank you for staying with us, we will look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Tucson.
AZ, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Was a great stay. Restrants are good. The place is very clean and welcome. Would go again. Great for kids as well as grown ups. night time is is very beautiful with the lights and fires around the pool area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Lynn E, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for your review about your recent stay. I agree, the evenings by the pool are beautiful. It is so relaxing to sit in the pool courtyard with the firepits lit enjoying the warm desert evening. We will look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We are in the middle of our stay as I write this. Overall, we are very happy with the resort. We arrived very early for check in because we always forget Arizona doesn't do daylight savings time. Alex at the front desk was awesome. Took care of our early check in and made sure we got first floor poolside as requested. In fact, Alex has helped us several times. Room is very nice and spacious although the bathroom is awkwardly designed. Housekeeping does a great job. Our first day at the resort was jammed packed. I guess a Saturday is like that. The pool was crowded, loud, and had terrible service. Fortunately, lots of people went home and Sunday was a lot better. Our only complaint continues to be the terrible food and beverage service at the pool. The first day, no one waited on us. Today we got service but it was horribly slow. Less than 2 dozen people at the pool andd a margarita took over 15 minutes. A small problem but margaritas by the pool is my favorite part of vaca4. We've got until Thursday so hopefully that will improve. Haven't eaten here other than chips at the pool. All in all, a really nice place. We always stay at Marriotts and this is our first Hilton.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that Alex, our Guest Service Agent has taken good care of you, and please know that I will personally recognize him for his awesome service. I apologize for the service challenges you have encountered at the pool. I understand that one of our food & beverages managers has reached out to you during your stay, and I trust that your poolside experience will be much better. Thank you for allowing us to “make it right” for you. If your travels return you to Tucson, I hope that we can welcome you back again.
Scottsdale, Az, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

They do not treat diamond members very well at this hotel. I asked to get a late check out at 1300 and they wanted to charge me. I stay at hilton properties about 90 days out of the year and most wouldn't blink an eye at this simple request, not this place they wouldn't budge an inch even after we told them we were diamond members.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I apologize that we were unable to accommodate the request for a complimentary late check-out. I can appreciate your frustration, and understand that this may have been inconvenient. We value all of our guests, and try to take good care of our most loyal Hilton HHonors members. Please contact our Director of Front Office, Shannon Schilling, to discuss this issue in further detail (email: shannon.schilling@hilton.com or call: 520-544-1189). I certainly hope that you will give us another opportunity to deliver the experience that you would expect from Hilton Resorts.

Been to Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort? Share your experiences!