Very professional & friendly service, especially Jennifer S at the front desk and Gino at Sundance. They are truly an asset to this organization: Customer friendly, going the extra step, detail oriented, and professional. Guadalupe, who was responsible for our room, was also very cordial and customer service oriented. Crystal (from WF, NC) at the front desk during check out was also very courteous and professional.
We had the hospitality suite, which has one bedroom, two (2) full bathrooms, TV area, living/sitting area, dinning table for 6, mini-kitchen (only microwave, sink, small fridge), and a small desk. It is great for a family (3 to 5). It has a connecting door to a 2 bed room with bathroom, if you need an additional room. 5 to 8 would sleep/stay comfortably in this 2 room setting. Location is also good and quiet: 3 to 5 minute walk to the pool, lobby, Sundance and about 7 to 10 minute walk to the tennis courts. Parking is about 2 to 5 minutes from your room, depending how full the parking lot is. If you are lucky, you may see in early morning or late evening boars, rabbits, quails. I agree that the carpet should of the hospitality suite should be truly cleaned.
Sundance: The "continental" breakfast buffet has something for everyone: eggs, bacon/sausages, pancakes, fruits, bagels, pastry, yogurt, fresh juice. As I mentioned above, Gino provides an incredible professional service to both adults and kids. Gracias Gino por tus atenciones.
Recommendation to the General Manager at the resort: The Pool and the area around the pool is too small for the size of this resort, especially on special weekend, such as 4th of July. On the 4th of July weekend the pool and the pool area was packed (yes literally) and you could barely fit another person into the pool. Especially when the resort charges the additional Resort FEE of $20 on top of the room rate, I would expect more.
The Pool Bar was understaffed for the 4th of July weekend. The staff was working very hard not to keep the customers waiting (I empathize with the staff). At one point I counted at least 7 to 10 people waiting for 6 to 14 minutes at the Bar to place their order (and that does not include people who probably saw the line and decided not to buy a drink); i.e. I am sorry but that is a long wait to get a drink/snack in a 5 star resort.
Tennis courts: Overall nice facility. However, since El Conquistador hosts many tournaments, I would recommend that most of the courts (ideally all courts) should have the lower height (4ft) fence between the courts to separate the courts so that the balls don't go over to the other court and disrupt that match. Currently the courts have the tall fences that stop around the base line.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 500 acres of serene, colorful high Sonoran Desert terrain in the foothills of the majestic Santa Catalina Mountains, the full-service Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort offers a magnificent setting, minutes from Tucson's renowned entertainment. Come experience the rare wonders of our AAA Four Diamond retreat, where plush amenities and superior service combine for an unrivaled experience, no matter what the occasion might be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Hotel Tucson
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf And Tennis Resort
- Hilton Hotel Tucson
- Tucson Hilton