I stayed here for 2 weeks for a work trip and really liked my stay. But I would recommend staying in a suite or elsewhere if you plan to stay longer than a week. Staying long-term was somewhat awkward and it would have been nice to be closer to restaurants or have a fridge and cooking facilities.
The hotel is very well staffed as the grounds are huge. There is the main lobby and restaurants building, the villas, 4 hotel room buildings, pools, golf, tennis, and lots of outdoor areas. I was in one of the villa rooms for the first week. It was close to the parking lot and not too far a walk from the lobby. The room was clean and comfortable, but it really needs to have a fridge. The bed was very comfortable and I got a good sleep. After staying in that room for a week, some people arrived in the room next door and got really drunk and acted loud and obnoxiously until very late at night. As I was staying there for work, I needed to sleep so I called front desk who put me through to security and they were told to be quiet. The next day I complained to the front desk and I was moved to another equivalent room that was much quieter. I also got a complimentary coffee drink from the lobby cafe. I appreciated their prompt handling of the issue.
My room overlooked the grounds outside. It's a well landscaped place. I didn't have time to enjoy many of the facilities, but the restaurant is decent as is the cafe. The service at both was exceptional.
The resort is located in the upscale Oro Valley area of Tucson. Everything is quite far apart, so you definitely need a car if you are staying there. There is lots of free parking at the resort though. Catalina State Park is a short drive away and the Linda Vista trail in the Coronada National Forest is walking distance. I enjoyed spending my free time outdoors.
I would stay here again if I were on vacation or on a short business trip. If I were staying longer, I'd book a suite rather than a regular room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 500 acres of serene, colorful high Sonoran Desert terrain in the foothills of the majestic Santa Catalina Mountains, the full-service Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort offers a magnificent setting, minutes from Tucson's renowned entertainment. Come experience the rare wonders of our AAA Four Diamond retreat, where plush amenities and superior service combine for an unrivaled experience, no matter what the occasion might be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Reservation Counter, Priceline, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Hotel Tucson
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf And Tennis Resort
- Hilton Hotel Tucson
- Tucson Hilton