Save Saved
Ranked #25 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Vancouver, Canada
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks for a work trip and really liked my stay. But I would recommend staying in a suite or elsewhere if you plan to stay longer than a week. Staying long-term was somewhat awkward and it would have been nice to be closer to restaurants or have a fridge and cooking facilities.

The hotel is very well staffed as the grounds are huge. There is the main lobby and restaurants building, the villas, 4 hotel room buildings, pools, golf, tennis, and lots of outdoor areas. I was in one of the villa rooms for the first week. It was close to the parking lot and not too far a walk from the lobby. The room was clean and comfortable, but it really needs to have a fridge. The bed was very comfortable and I got a good sleep. After staying in that room for a week, some people arrived in the room next door and got really drunk and acted loud and obnoxiously until very late at night. As I was staying there for work, I needed to sleep so I called front desk who put me through to security and they were told to be quiet. The next day I complained to the front desk and I was moved to another equivalent room that was much quieter. I also got a complimentary coffee drink from the lobby cafe. I appreciated their prompt handling of the issue.

My room overlooked the grounds outside. It's a well landscaped place. I didn't have time to enjoy many of the facilities, but the restaurant is decent as is the cafe. The service at both was exceptional.

The resort is located in the upscale Oro Valley area of Tucson. Everything is quite far apart, so you definitely need a car if you are staying there. There is lots of free parking at the resort though. Catalina State Park is a short drive away and the Linda Vista trail in the Coronada National Forest is walking distance. I enjoyed spending my free time outdoors.

I would stay here again if I were on vacation or on a short business trip. If I were staying longer, I'd book a suite rather than a regular room.

Room Tip: The rooms that don't have a door separating them from the adjacent one (so you can join up 2 roo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

958 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Tucson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Enjoyed the visit. Well treated and all services were excellent. Well kept, with a great pool area. All the personnel were nice and attentive. This was our first visit to this hotel, and we definitely look forward to going back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton - Tucson. Great location at the foot of the mountains, a nice room, large pool and an inviting restaurant. The reception desk was extremely helpful, providing us with tour recommendations and restaurant reservations. Highly recommended !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were recently in Tucson for business and the location of this hotel fit our needs. The Hilton is an older property but it has been well maintained. The staff was helpful. As we were departing our room, the maid wished us a good trip home. It was nice of her to take a moment of her time to wish us well.

Our room and bath were clean. The bed comfortable. We had a small balcony overlooking part of the valley and mountains to the north.

The grounds are lovely. There are a couple of small catcus gardens showing some of what the desert has to offer. The landscaping is beautifully maintained.
The hotel sits in the foothill of the mountains with some rooms offering a vista view of the Tucson valley.

You probably will need to walk a short ways from your car to your hotel room. The hotel is made up of several buildings. Be sure to ask for baggage assistance if you have several bags.

We didn't use the hotel amenities -- pool, spa, exercise room nor played golf -- because of time constraints. There is a resort fee, typical in most hotels these days. However, during the summer season, the resort fee is less.

It is a nice hotel and we would stay here again if we needed to be in the Oro Valley area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Globe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

i brought my 5 year old grand daughter for her birthday. she had a great time . I will return with her again this summer to enjoy the slide. The staff was all very helpful and made our visit enjoyable. It is a birthday she will hopefully remember for a long time. Next time we will bring grandpa along to enjoy watching her have a wonderful time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very high quality resort, very good golf courses in very good shape. Fantastic views from the hotel room. The grounds were beautiful, and the spa was a wonderful experience. The only negative was the quality/price of the food at the pool. Other than that, a very very nice experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

DG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

What a nice property! This place looks great on the internet but once you get there I was disappointed with my room. I thought the rooms would be much nicer and up to date. Room was clean but appeared worn. The staff was great however the service at the pool was terrible. I had to go to the bar when I needed a drink which was fine since the bartender Tim (from Boston) was awesome. Tim even put the Hawks game on for me and was very attentive to my needs. Pools are great, plenty of room with great chairs and towels. Oh and the service for breakfast was great too. Again I was a little disappointed with the room and the comfort of the bed but I would probably stay here again. Oh by the why it's not worth the hike to the adult pool, there isn't a bar and its way too quite. Now if you want to take a nap then that's the place!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort? Share your experiences!