“Nice Property” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
DG
“Nice Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

What a nice property! This place looks great on the internet but once you get there I was disappointed with my room. I thought the rooms would be much nicer and up to date. Room was clean but appeared worn. The staff was great however the service at the pool was terrible. I had to go to the bar when I needed a drink which was fine since the bartender Tim (from Boston) was awesome. Tim even put the Hawks game on for me and was very attentive to my needs. Pools are great, plenty of room with great chairs and towels. Oh and the service for breakfast was great too. Again I was a little disappointed with the room and the comfort of the bed but I would probably stay here again. Oh by the why it's not worth the hike to the adult pool, there isn't a bar and its way too quite. Now if you want to take a nap then that's the place!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Menlo Park, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Beautiful setting. Concierge helps you get what you need. Restaurant service was very good. Food choices were also good and quite varied. Pool is beautiful! A very relaxing setting. We came when it was very hot but the umbrellas and drinks by the pool made it delightful. The spa offered really good massages which were reasonably priced. My son loved the golf opportunities.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I should have known when trying to make the reservation over the phone and they couldnt answer questions about the rooms or property that i was in for a nightmare. Beware...Pictures online of rooms are not accurate or up to date. Palm trees need to be trimmed, bats everywhere at night!!

1.Rude bartenders.. Asked if they could make a Peach Bellini and told " no clue what that this, how do you make it" " been a bar tender for 30 years and never heard of it!! Other bar tender making remarks in front if us " thank god there gone" referring to the reunion that had just left. Very unprofessional!
2. Young girl taking orders on pool deck had nice " hicky" on her neck!!!!! Never once in 3 day stay did she offer to take an order from us. We ended up ordering at the bar. Still don't understand why they hand out Subway mayo packets with their burgers. Bartender said they received wrong shipment??
3. Room across hall was being used for teenage girls birthday with parents in next room. Slamming doors, running down the hall all night until security asked them to leave. Don't they ask at check in who will be in the room? Security did a great job and left breakfast coupons which we were unable to use .
4. Broken iron.... Ruined shirt from water pouring out!!
5. Concierge desk, unwelcoming, not interested in helping us find things to do within Tucson, wouldn't give us brochures.?
6. Told pet bed and bowls would be in room at check in. Didn't happen so was told to go to room and they would bring them up. Waited 30 minutes... Nothing. Called front desk and told they would check and call back.. 30 minutes no call back so I called front desk and girl asked if I was waiting for a roll away bed!!! Told her NO a pet bed... She said she would call back, minutes later she called to say they were out and she was sorry! Went down to desk and clerk called housekeeping who politely brought us a bed and two bowls!! Wasted over an hour, ridiculous!
Overall such a disappointing experience for a Hilton property

• Stayed July 2012
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve.

Thank you once again for your comments.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Watch the switch deal on the golf deal they advertise. Its has two courses and you can only play one on Sunday because the other is for members only. Not in great shape compared to other resorts in Tucson area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Coalinga, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

They gave us a "nasty" room, then offered my parents an upgrade for the mess. My dad gets his bill and they had the nerve to charge him for the room upgrade and $75 for a dog which we kept in a crate. Charge my family for their mistake....um we wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone! HORRIBLE experience! Be prepared to walk half way around the hotel, they do not have parking places near the room. If you stay here be prepared for hidden charges and be sure to bring the bank account with you! $3.00 for a bottle of soda is insane!

Room Tip: mountain view has rooms with closer parking
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hiltonelcon, Executive Assistant at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We apologize for the issues you had with the room as well as some of the charges. We apologize if our pet charge was not made clear to you at the time of your booking. You noted that you paid $75.00 for the pet fee, the actual fee for one pet is $50.00. Please feel free to contact our Director of Front of via email: shannon.schilling@hilton.com, to see if we can remedy the situation.
York, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Originally from the Northeast, have lived in CA got 6 years and stumbled upon the city of Tucson a few years ago. Living back in Philly now, decided to go with mom and sister to this hotel by booking through priceline for June 7-12.

I've read a lot of reviews on here, but to explain where my expectations and thought come from, here you go. I prefer to and typically stay at 4+ star resorts, but not always the Ritz or highest class levels, but whenever I stay in a particularly rated hotel (in this case, a 4 star), that is my expectation for service, quality of hotel, amenities, etc.

Full disclose, I bid on priceline for $60/night and it was accepted - since I stayed here a few years ago, I was pleased with the result. This trip around was really awesome.

Uncontrollable by hotel: loudness and amount of kids at pool, weather, etc
What they do to remedy: separate pools for kids and adults, with water slide
The only annoying thing about the pool was the music selection, it is straight of the 80's...and bad 80's, too. A little better tunes would go a long way.

Tim and Brenda (believe that is her name) were great to us at the bar. They even give free soda refills all day, which saves a few bucks if you're dying of thirst when it's 100 degrees outside.

Moving along, the ground are in pristine shape, lobby is nice and what you'd expect for Arizona motif, etc. Bell service very courteous and willing to help.

One complaint is the food. Breakfast at the bar is quick but the muffins weren't good. The restaurant was average at best. Not a deal breaker, but be prepared to travel off-site for most meals unless management can fix. Also, pool bar food menu is way too limited. Hot dog, burgers and nachos are pretty much it.

In all, this is a great resort - and paying what I did pay for the hotel, which was an awesome deal, I was thrilled with my experience.

Huson, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed at the El Conquistador in Mid May with my husband and two children. We get a casita with attached junior suite. This could not have been a better choice for us. The rooms were gorgeous and very comfortable. The pools (children's and adult) were perfect for our needs and the staff was extremely friendly. I would definitely come back!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort? Share your experiences!