“Happy @El Conquistador for 5 days in May” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$50 Resort Credit
Ranked #25 of 127 hotels in Tucson
New York City, New York
“Happy @El Conquistador for 5 days in May”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hilton's service staff were outstanding from checkin and every day for 5 days with family who have settled in Tucson. We called ahead of time to ask for a quiet room in Bldg 1 on upper floor and a refrigerator and we were glad we did ...as there were several wedding events being held . Bldg 1 is most convenient to resort amenities. Room decor could be updated but room was clean and we slept well. Though this resort was a bit more distant from downtown Tucson, the Hilton was such a good value and had such a beautiful setting in the Catalinas that we were very happy with our choice. Everyone (63 to 3 months) enjoyed using the hotel as a base of operation for some time during our 5 day visit with family who live in Tucson.
One thing we really liked was excellent guidance and help from Hilton event planner(s) -extraordinarily generous with their time to be helpful finding local hidden gem restaurants etc. and we enjoyed many of the special Mem Day activites thanks to their work from two 8:30 am water aerobics classes in main pool, chance to visit w creatures visiting from Sonoron Desert Museum, Terrine cooking class with Hilton chef, and more.
One thing we did not like is that my husband and brother who took an early morning walk in the casitas were surprised by family of havellinas (AZ wild boars) looking for breakfast...the havallinas did not charge them luckily.

Room Tip: Bldg 1 upper floor facing pool

962 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Honolulu, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Service was great; but the facility needed a face lift. The old golf cart paths that were now walkways to the casitas (extra cost suites) were unlevel, full of pot holes and poorly lighted. The furnishings looked like they had seen better days.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

CASA GRANDE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Golf, Shopping, Horseback riding, tennis, the list goes on and on..... We love to just take a week-end and escape to the Conquistador in Tucson. I would highly recommend getting a "Casita" these room are just like being in your own home.

The staff is outstanding and always greeting you with a smile. Take time and visit the views and atmosphere is breath taking...

Room Tip: Ask for a "Casita" best time...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Hilton is comfortable and the people are friendly. I always stay at the Hilton whenever possible. Outside trash cans needed to be emptied more often. The pool needed a stronger filtering system due to all the children in the pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here over the extended Memorial Day weekend and had a great time! The grounds are lovely and meticulously taken care of. Sitting by the pool in the evenings and looking up to the moonlit mountains as a backdrop- priceless! They also have a jam-packed events calendar for both kids and adults. We very much enjoyed the movie by the pool, the star-gazing event, and the animals brought by the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum staff. (FYI: The star-gazing isn't just looking up at the sky- they have enthusiastic staff come in from the local planetarium - I assume- with two large telescopes. We saw Saturn, the Milky Way Galaxy, and something else I can't remember at this time...very cool.)

Our room was clean, kinda "meh" as far as decor, but we didn't spend much time in there either. (We had a standard room with two queen beds.) Also, the beds were very comfortable- now I am picky about beds! (We have a $7k mattress at home.) Slept very well- my husband says the same for him. If view is important to you, I would highly suggest asking to see if you could get one at a higher level than ground (like we had) and/or one not facing the parking areas. It didn't really matter to us too much, but I had wanted to sit outside and enjoy the earlier part of the mornings with a cup of coffee. I always tend to wake up before everyone else when we are on vacation...and this is part of my routine. However, we had a patio that faced the cars in the parking areas (behind building #1). Not a big deal, but thought I would mention it for those whose view matters to them.

Pros:

Location! It is in a quieter part of Tucson, but close enough to things to do outside the resort should you wish.

Cleanliness- was very clean inside the room and out.

Pools- they have several, including one with a good-sized slide. They also have a pool that is for only 16+ years in age. (I am not sure if this is only for the casita renters only- so double check.)

This is a true resort with many activities going on to keep everyone busy.

Professionalism- excellent staff from check-in to housekeeping. (The room attendant always supplied us with new shampoo, conditioner, etc. They even have after-sun lotion as well.)

Restaurants- There are four places to eat here. Although we only had breakfast once at the hotel, it was very good. We ate outside in the shaded area and it was very pleasant. (**We had no idea they also had a child's menu available or we would have eaten there every morning! On their website, it only shows the main menu.) Breakfast buffet was much cheaper for the kids. (Otherwise, according to their website- it would have been $19 each or $80 for a buffet for 4 which is the reason we didn't go there sooner than our last day there.)

Safety- We felt very safe here. The patio even has no less than like 3 different ways to lock it, which was kinda funny to me, but for those with younger kids/toddlers, I thought I would add that in.

Wifi- This was the best/fastest we've experienced in a hotel in a long time!

Price- For what you get, it is a good deal. (**Should add that we got a Hotwire rate, which was even better! :-)

Cons- Really the only cons were the pool-side purchases we made. We had the nachos plate which was odd. It looked like a salad was dumped on top of it. (I asked my husband if they had got the order right because I had no idea there were even nachos in there.) The cheese and chili combo was just nasty tasting. We also had the shrimp ceviche- again was not good. Lastly, our drinks- I had the "Liquid Lifesaver" (I believe it was called)- it was HORRIBLE! Now, I am not a super picky person and I only casually drink. However, when we go on vacation- I like to have a drink by the pool and relax. It was BAD! It was literally like shaved ice with what tasted like mostly water and a dab of a pina colada taste. My husband's drink was not much better. So my advice is to maybe just get one drink there and see if maybe we just had bad luck that night.

Other than that, our stay was perfect and we look forward to returning when we go back to Tuscon. :-)

*I usually take pictures of the rooms, etc. when we go somewhere, but all of the photos are accurate on the website, so I saw no need.

Tucson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Had a staycation at the Hilton because of a conference and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Great room at a great price! The Hilton offered great service. We ordered room service and it was delivered faster than we expected, the food was hot, and tasted amazing. The views at the hotel were amazing. Definitely worth staying here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

gilbert, az, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had a great day relazing by the pool and having drinks Nice hotel and great staff So come on and shake it up a bit I really have to type more to make this 200 characters so it will let me submit what I have written Let me see if this is enough now

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort? Share your experiences!