“Beautiful grounds - friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$50 Resort Credit
Ranked #24 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful grounds - friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We spent four nights here with our sixteen-year-old son during March. We all had a great time. The hotel and grounds are beautiful. We didn't experience any problems with our room as others have mentioned, but we had booked a Hospitality Suite, which was very spacious - a king bed, plus a pull-out in a separate, very large room, as well as two full bathrooms and small kitchenette. The room was beautifully decorated, and situated very close to the main lobby/restaurant area. We played golf at the resort, which is very reasonably priced for hotel guests. The spa is quite small, and somewhat dated, with limited offerings (body treatments only). Having said that, spa staff were pleasant and professional, and the treatment was divine. I found the gym to be clean and quite well-equipped, with several very good treadmills. Mountain bikes were readily available during our stay, and there are numerous trails to explore, both on and off the resort's grounds. The buffet breakfast is very good, and a special mention to Gino who served us each morning with a big, welcoming smile - we especially enjoyed his cheerful banter with our son. We were somewhat surprised to find that, for a resort of this size, there is only one restaurant open for dinner. There are, however, several restaurants in the local area, and the hotel provides a shuttle service to some of these. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed the resort and would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

944 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

El Conquistador is nestled in the mountains in Oro Valley, just NE of Tucson. The back drop is most impressive with the hotel rooms surrounding a center court yard which includes multiple pools, a water slide, and spa area. The pool area is huge and is one of the nicest I've seen. There is staff around the pool area to help you with whatever you need.
The hotel room was large with a great outdoor balcony with a table and two chairs. It was great to sit outside and eat dinner and enjoy the views over the pool area, sunset, and views down into Tucson. My bed was comfortable and had very nice linens.
This is a great hotel for enjoying the outdoors. The common spaces are very nice and the views are phenomenal.
There is a $20 resort fee that includes two bottles of water, WiFi, pool access, fitness center access, and 2 hour use of a mountain bike. There is no parking fee and parking wraps around most of the resort so it's pretty easy getting to and from your room.
I will stay here again when I'm in the Tucson area.

Room Tip: I would recommend upper floors for better views from your balcony.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Nobleton,ON Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We found the hotel had all the amenties to make for a great time. Minutes from shopping and good restaurants. The pool area was outstanding and the onsite restaurant not only was reasonable value but served great food.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed in a casita by the acacia pool.we must have hit the right week because we had the pool pretty much to ourselves. It is an over16 pool and it was quiet and beautiful. Anna at the front desk helped us tremendously after a problem with a Hilton property in Phoenix. She was helpful, courteous and efficient. Thank you so much Anna!!!! All of the staff we encountered was professional and friendly, from the valet to the Starbucks barista to the waitstaff in various restaurants to the housekeepers. It was a relaxing vacation at a very lovely hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chatham, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We are currently staying at the El Conquestador. Great rooms, good service and a full array of resort amenities including 45 holes of golf, huge tennis center, multiple pools, fitness center & spa. It has a laid back atmosphere where getting seats at the pool are not a problem. It's a large resort but doesn't seem crowded. There are great restaurants in North Tucson, most are 3-5 miles away with one excellent one - Epazote on site. Excellent rates can be had even in high season March...

• Stayed March 2013
Batavia, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Prior to staying at the El Conquistador I decided to obtain the Hilton Honors Reserve Card so that I would be elevated to "Gold" status which would typically include free internet and a continental breakfast. I was told I would not recieve those perks. I would not normally notice that the ice machine on my floor was not working for the entire stay until I am denied a perk I believe I am entitled to. Fortunately, this was only part of my trip and the remainder of the trip was at another Hilton Resort in Phoenix which did honor my "Gold" status without even blinking. This was our second trip to this resort. Next time I will look for a more resort that lives up to the name of the parent company.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, request a room facing the pool. The view is looking out over the parking lot...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and I apologize for any confusion caused by your HHonors status. We greatly value our most loyal Hilton Hhonors guests, and I am sorry for the challenges you experienced. While we consider the policy I hope you would consider staying with us again.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I travel often for work and stay at many of the nicest hotels in the country. This hotel is special to me and I will always stay here if I am in the area. It has beautiful rooms, great views, and a great pool area. I love sitting by the fire pit in the pool area at night looking up at the mountains.

This is a great place to stay if you are in the Tucson area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort? Share your experiences!