“Great resort with outstanding service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Conquer Summer
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Nobleton,ON Canada
“Great resort with outstanding service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We found the hotel had all the amenties to make for a great time. Minutes from shopping and good restaurants. The pool area was outstanding and the onsite restaurant not only was reasonable value but served great food.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed in a casita by the acacia pool.we must have hit the right week because we had the pool pretty much to ourselves. It is an over16 pool and it was quiet and beautiful. Anna at the front desk helped us tremendously after a problem with a Hilton property in Phoenix. She was helpful, courteous and efficient. Thank you so much Anna!!!! All of the staff we encountered was professional and friendly, from the valet to the Starbucks barista to the waitstaff in various restaurants to the housekeepers. It was a relaxing vacation at a very lovely hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chatham, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We are currently staying at the El Conquestador. Great rooms, good service and a full array of resort amenities including 45 holes of golf, huge tennis center, multiple pools, fitness center & spa. It has a laid back atmosphere where getting seats at the pool are not a problem. It's a large resort but doesn't seem crowded. There are great restaurants in North Tucson, most are 3-5 miles away with one excellent one - Epazote on site. Excellent rates can be had even in high season March...

• Stayed March 2013
Batavia, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Prior to staying at the El Conquistador I decided to obtain the Hilton Honors Reserve Card so that I would be elevated to "Gold" status which would typically include free internet and a continental breakfast. I was told I would not recieve those perks. I would not normally notice that the ice machine on my floor was not working for the entire stay until I am denied a perk I believe I am entitled to. Fortunately, this was only part of my trip and the remainder of the trip was at another Hilton Resort in Phoenix which did honor my "Gold" status without even blinking. This was our second trip to this resort. Next time I will look for a more resort that lives up to the name of the parent company.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, request a room facing the pool. The view is looking out over the parking lot...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and I apologize for any confusion caused by your HHonors status. We greatly value our most loyal Hilton Hhonors guests, and I am sorry for the challenges you experienced. While we consider the policy I hope you would consider staying with us again.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I travel often for work and stay at many of the nicest hotels in the country. This hotel is special to me and I will always stay here if I am in the area. It has beautiful rooms, great views, and a great pool area. I love sitting by the fire pit in the pool area at night looking up at the mountains.

This is a great place to stay if you are in the Tucson area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were with a group that used this as HQ and for evening events. We were pleased that they have dog friendly casitas away from the main building, at least for smaller dogs( friends with large breed had to go elsewhere) The unit(1500) was small and a bit tired but equipped with a dog cushion and 2 bowls! Right outside was a grass dog walking area with a poop pick up station. Very thoughtful and accommodating . But then we were told that dogs are not allowed in the main resort anywhere food is served. Since food potentially can be eaten on all the patios, no dogs could be there But no staff who I spoke with could be clear about the policy or the boundaries. We got conflicting information. It just seemed odd to be dog friendly and very restrictive at the same time!
Our casita had no kitchen facilities Room service was prompt but of not great quality. I had a short massage which was fine. There just seemed to be something tired about the place
Staff was very attentive and friendly
Parking near casita and main building was overflowing on Sat night but there was remote parking
Alert: there is a $20/day "resort fee" that is automatically applied to your bill unless you ask to have it removed. Since it was of no use to us, we insisted on opting out

Room Tip: For dog owners: we had casita 1500. Small but the first one by parking lot The dog rooms seemed t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hiltonelcon, General Manager at Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, as well as the furry guests in your party. I appreciate your feedback as some of our pet policy may be unclear. From your review, I am not sure if you were made aware, and signed our pet policy agreement which highlights that pets are not permitted in hotel restaurants or hotel food & beverage areas. If you did not see the agreement I apologize as I am sure that would have eliminated any confusion.

Even as a pet friendly Resort, we are required to follow state code: 6-501.115 Prohibiting Animals.*
(A) Except as specified in ¶¶ (B) and (C) of this section, live animals may not be allowed on the PREMISES of a FOOD ESTABLISHMENT.

As a pet owner, who frequently travels with my pets, I sincerely hope to see you and your furry family member the next time you are in the area.

Lynn Ericksen
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We recently purchased a two night package which included two breakfasts and either two rounds of golf or two massages at the spa. We had a lovely time. We were particularly impressed with the scope and quality of the breakfast buffet in Sundance, and of the excellent service we received from Gino, our server. He was personable, attentive, and very efficient. We enjoyed our little getaway from Phoenix and hope to arrange another visit.