Pros first: Casita was nice. Updated, and comfortable beds and bedding. However, phones were 1970's vintage and none of the direct-call buttons worked on the one on the bedstand. Lightbulb that was out in overhead light was quickly replaced. We did speak with the Front Desk Manager or Manager on Duty who was very accomodating. Had requested to speak to GM but he/she was not available.
Cons: Slow and unfriendly service in both restaurants, I will not go into all the specifics but it was pretty bad...i.e.. Chef at omlet station during buffet could not have moved slower if he had been paid to do so. After paying for WiFi ($10), we were never able to use it as it "went down" and was unavail when we tried to work. While trying to address the WiFi situation, another couple walked into our room much to everyone's surprise....they had just been checked into an occupied room.... The next day, we had paid $25 for a 3PM checkout and starting at about 9AM we had a series of 3 people come to our door asking us if we were checking out. Housekeeping knocked and proceeded to walk-in while I was in the bathroom. Privacy card WAS on the door. Had to request a hair dryer 3 times before we got one....were told twice to look again as it is an "overlooked" item in the room.
We were part of the West Coast Dance Explosion dance group. Got the impression that the employees either didn't like having a lot of kids around or were just overall unhappy in their jobs. Have travelled to many dance competitions and usually the host hotel goes the extra mile to accomodate the group. Just did not see that at all here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 500 acres of serene, colorful high Sonoran Desert terrain in the foothills of the majestic Santa Catalina Mountains, the full-service Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort offers a magnificent setting, minutes from Tucson's renowned entertainment. Come experience the rare wonders of our AAA Four Diamond retreat, where plush amenities and superior service combine for an unrivaled experience, no matter what the occasion might be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Hotel Tucson
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf And Tennis Resort
- Hilton Hotel Tucson
- Tucson Hilton