“Great Room, Great Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   810 E. Benson Hwy., Tucson, AZ 85713 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #73 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Santa Fe, NM
“Great Room, Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

This is a great overnight stay hotel. Very clean, spacious room with king bed and sofa, big screen TV, and modern walk in shower. No fancy shampoos or soaps, but I carry my own, so who cares. This hotel is easy to get to from freeway, decent restaurants within walking distance with park at your door convenience. Also, pet friendly.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

Cannot fault this motel for the price. Large clean rooms, friendly staff ample parking, we have paid a lot more for a lot worse. Not the most scenic location but my wife felt safe at all times and couldn't fault the housekeeping would stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

Affordable with microwave and refrigerator in the room. No frills, but clean and comfortable. Pet Friendly with refundable pet fee.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago,Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

Very pleasant four day stay during the popular Gem Show. Older hotel but very clean! Refrigerator in room. Free coffee in lobby, Breakfast in lobby included sweet rolls, juice, yogurt, donuts. Free internet in lobby also.

• Stayed February 2009
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2008

Just moved to the city, and we needed a place to stay until we found an apartment with our 2 cats. Their rates were the best and I called their direct line, spoke to a very nice rep who answered all of my questions and booked the trip online. The hotel is not amazing to look at inside or out, but what can you expect for a low price? Location was alright; not centrally located, but right off of I-10 (which is probably why truckers are one of their main sources of revenue). While their reps in person weren't as friendly as i would have expected (there was just something off...maybe it was a bad day...we all have them), they respected our wishes to not have anyone come in to clean daily (i was nervous about the cats escaping), which we greatly appreciated. We felt secure in our rooms, which were a standard size for double beds. All in all, if i were looking for an affordable hotel to stay in Tucson when i didn't need to be in the heart of the city daily, i would look into them again.

• Liked — That the hotel staff did not disturb us while in or out of our room.
  • Disliked — Location and appearance.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tuscon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

I was looking for a clean safe room where I could stay for several days while looking for an apartment. Although the site was under renovation, I was given a newly finished clean room. Since I had a dog with me I was delighted they would accept her. The place was relatively quiet although the room was on the highway. Compared with other rooms that I had stayed in for the price, I considered this one exceptional.

True there were no chain locks on the doors, but my room was just above the office, so I did feel safe enough. Coffee was always available, although the advertised continental breakfast was missing or scant. I believe there were doughnuts available only one of the several days I stayed there. The main disadvantage I saw was lack of a restaurant within walking distance, although I did try one terrible one across the very busy main thoroughfare in front of the hotel.

I would stay there again if the standards are maintained.

Stayed January 2008
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2007

My company put me here for 3 nights and I was not thrilled with this place. Negatives: I did not feel completely safe, all the rooms face outward to the parking lot and there are no chains on the doors. Rooms are somewhat dreary, no hair dryers, or iron\ironing board in the room. Positives: The staff was relatively friendly, there was wireless internet from my room (which was just above the office) and a computer and printer in the lobby for free usage. It is very close to I-10, a 10 minute drive from the Airport and some restaurants nearby. Decent swimming pool. The free breakfast was doughnuts, coffee and orange juice, which they did have plenty of. Although some positives, I would not stay here again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no chains on doors, they faced outward, lack of security.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!