“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #57 of 127 hotels in Tucson
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed here on a couple different occasions & our stay has been wonderful. The staff is very friendly & helpful. Our room has always been clean. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Tucson.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friends and I stayed here while visiting my niece. The hotel was comfortable, and very nice. We had one queen bed and a sofa/hide-a-bed. I found the sofa to be rather lumpy and not very comfortable, but fine for the one night we were there. The hotel offers a full breakfast and plenty of free parking. Our room came with 3 full closets and a full kitchen. The hotel is kid friendly, and with the full kitchen one could certainly save some money and eat in.

I had stayed here one time before and it was nice then. It's nice to see the hotel is still a good value for the money.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Juanita F, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Speedway, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Sherlock6142,
Thank you for your comments. I appologize about the sofa bed, and I am sorry that it effected your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed every other part about your short stay with us. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed at this property recently for graduation week at the University of Arizona. The place is quiet and well kept. The breakfast is quite basic but since we were eating out a lot it certainly fit the bill. The staff was very helpful and professional.

Room Tip: Ask for suites on the east side of the property since it is away from the street and very quiet. The...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Juanita F, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Speedway, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Scrippsmater,
Thankyou for your comments. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Ridgefield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I recently stayed here for three nights and enjoyed my time at this hotel. I stay at the Marriott brand hotels when I can and this one didn't disappoint. The pool was outside and very relaxing, as well as the fitness room was sufficient. The nights I stayed there they had dinner and even though I already ate I was allowed to take snacks back to my room, along with some wine, which was free! Breakfast was really good too and had a wide variety from potatoes, to eggs, and meat. The staff was also nice and answered any questions I had with a smile. The only drawback was I chose an upstairs room and had a forty pound suitcase. It was hard to maneuver up the stairs but the trade off was my room was VERY quiet. I used the laundry bag to take items down in two trips, which lessened the possibility of tripping down the stairs. I would definitely choose this hotel again!

Room Tip: Choose upper floor if traveling light.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kee_12,
Thank you so much for your comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let us know when you stay with us again, we would be delighted to help you with your luggage up the stairs.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Typical Residence Inn, which in my book is just fine. Good location, easy to get to, close to restaurants/shopping/etc. Comfortable. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Nice social hour with beer/snacks. Good breakfast selection.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Juanita F, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Speedway, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Jim G,
Thank you for your comments and feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our Social hour Tues-Thursday is one of our favorite guest events. We are thrilled you enjoyed it.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for multi-night stays on two occasions in the first half of 2014 while in Tucson for my daughters' swim meets. A lot of the other families (including the Joneses) lodged in hotels much closer to the meet sites, but we are budget conscious, and the price here was worth the extra drive. We always love the complimentary breakfast at Residence Inn too.

Sure, this property is a little outdated and out og the way, but it's clean, comfortable and safe. Best of all, we like being able to back the car up to just a few feet from the room for unloading and loading our stuff.

Looking for something COOL to do with half a day in Tucson? Take a drive up the Catalina Highway to the top of Mount Lemmon. It's about 30 miles one way from the hotel but you'll climb to over 8,000 feet elevation. You'll think you ended up in Colorado. There are dozens of places to stop and see the sights or just rest. Bring a picnic lunch or plan to hit one of the eateries in the town of Summerhaven near the top of the road.

Restaurant recommendation: for lunch or dinner, walk next door to Breeze inside the Radisson hotel. Great menu and service.

To management: glad to hear you're upgrading the beds. Other than please keep the homey vibe of this gem hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Juanita F, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Speedway, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Campfair,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We love the charm that this hotel has and we are so glad that you do too. We look forward to your next visit.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed 2 separate nights in 2 different 2-story rooms. I think all rooms of this kind are in the back of the property, so they are all quiet. Besides, "master bedroom" could be almost completely isolated with the doors closed. The pool was clean, warm, the staff smiling, breakfast was the best we've had so far in Marriott's chain/Hamptons/Holiday Inns/Best Westerns, yummy potatoes, chocolate chips, strawberries and whipped cream for the waffles, granola and blueberries for the yogurt in addition to the regulars. Very happy with the price, too. If we are in Tuscon again, will not even look for any other accommodations.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Juanita F, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Speedway, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear NPBeginner,
Thank you so much for your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you back with us again soon.

Been to Residence Inn Tucson Speedway? Share your experiences!