“We always select this property when visiting Tucson” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6477 East Speedway Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85710   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #46 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Tempe, Arizona
“We always select this property when visiting Tucson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I just got off the phone reserving an overnight stay next week. In reviewing the feedback on this site I feel compelled to add my experience over the past 8 years.

We always stay at this property at Thanksgiving and Christmas while visiting family on the east side of Tucson. We select the residence inn due to the presidential or large suite option which if perfect for our family. We valuet this property due to the suite, location, quality of breakfast and staff.

Consistently the staff is positive, helpful and very accommodating. I found this to be true as I booked my reservation today directly with the property. While this is an older property with the challenges of maintenance and accumulation of many, many travelers - the staff is very willing to provide any requested linen, pillows or other materials.

The breakfast is consistently outstanding (one of the best in the chain - we also stay at the residence inn at Highland Ranch in Denver and this property does a much higher quality breakfast) and, as a previous review indicated, there a number of long time employees on this property who provide excellence service.

Given the professionalism and helpfulness of the staff, the great breakfast, perfect suites, and excellent location (for our family visit) I always select this property and expect to in the future. I am willing to overlook the maintenance issues and some housekeeping challenges. I would expect that, to remain competitive, these will be a full remodel, refurbish in the future for this property.

Room Tip: As for a room at the rear of the property if available - Speedway is a major street with some street...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Matt S, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Speedway, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Greg31377,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so happy to hear how much your family has enjoyed staying with us over the past eight years. I am delighted to hear the nice comments about our breakfast, suites, location, and the service our staff provided. I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced from a maintenance and housekeeping standpoint and please know that these concerns will be passed along to these departments and I will follow up to ensure they are resolved to the best of our ability. Thank you so much for the business you have given us over the past eight years. We look forward to your next stay.

Matt Spencer (GM)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not up to Marriott standards. Has a very run down feeling. Dirty carpet, buckeling wallpaper, grimy feeling. Not in walking distance to anything. Good location to hiking spots. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed May 2013
Taylor_N_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Speedway, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Chency,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our property. I was sorry to hear that you had a run down feeling. We take great pride in maintaining our hotel and ensuring that our rooms are kept up to the expectations that Marriott-seasoned travelers have come to expect, we will get into the room you stayed in today and make sure to repair the items you have mentioned. Thank you for complimenting our fantastic breakfast buffet and our location near Sabino Canyon for a great hiking spot!

Taylor Nintzel (GM)
sun city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had plans for a stay at another property, only to be very unhappy with the room, hence we moved to the Residence Inn on Speedway. From the moment we checked in, we knew we were in good hands. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful, from printing out a Mapquest to one of our tourist stops, to other recommendations. We have pets, and the room next to the pet walk area was quite convienent for us. The food was also very well received.
All in all we were very pleased with our stay, and look forward to the next time we are in Tucson, to be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Taylor_N_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Speedway, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear SunCity1,

We are so glad to hear that we came to your rescue! The Front Desk will overjoyed to hear that you felt like you were in good hands. Our goal is always to exceed our guests’ expectations and provide the best service in town! Thank you for mentioning our pet walk area as some of your fellow travelers may not know about that fantastic amenity for pet owners traveling on business or pleasure!

We look forward to your next stay and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Taylor Nintzel (GM)
Flagstaff, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Housekeepers consistently missed things. Don't want to go into detail, it was disgusting. Also the grounds crew was loud and the exhaust smell from their equipment was bothersome. Breakfast was good, typical of a Residence inn. Parking was OK, on site and free, but fills up in the evening. Staff was slow to respond to requests (made a single request, had to remind them 4 times).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Taylor_N_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Speedway, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear a b,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry to hear that things were missed during your stay. We definitely take great pride in our cleanliness and we will use this review to make sure we improve our service with more attention to detail. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, and the quiet, convenient location of the hotel.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed here last week as I was relocating to Tucson for work, and I could not have been happier. The room was spacious and clean, and every interaction I had with the staff was met with a smile and "good morning", even if I was just passing them in the parking lot. The free breakfast buffet and evening reception were perfect for not having to waste a bunch of money on eating out every day, and the room even had a full kitchen if you wanted to cook yourself (not just your standard mini-fridge and microwave). All in all I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely recommend this hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Taylor_N_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Speedway, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear ACherryOnTheTop,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I am delighted to hear that the hotel provided a great value. We enjoy hearing that guests love our great hot breakfast buffet and wonderful complimentary hospitality hour with 3 wine selections and 3 beer choices. Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family and we wish you the best of luck with your new job, welcome to Tucson!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel this past week while visiting the University of AZ. Upon check-in I noticed that this hotel is a licensee of Marriott not a Marriott hotel in and of itself. With that said, here are my concerns with this hotel.

1) It is in need of a outdoor facelift. By that I mean, the buildings have peeling paint, the wooden stairs are in need of refinishing and the doormats to the units need replacing.

2) The sofabed in our room had a flimsy mattress (which most sofabeds do), however, the bedding for this sofabed was crammed into a plastic bag which included a heavy woolish material mattress pad. My daughter did not use this mattress pad because it was too heavy and hot so for the three nights she slept on it, it was uncomfortable for her. The powder room is in need of an update too. The wall paper was peeling in our suite and it is too small and cramped.

3) The bill I received had the wrong room charges. I brought this to the attention of the desk clerk and she would not change the rate even though I had an email from Marriott confirming the rate I was to pay. I had to enlist the Supervisor to get this changed. This should not happen. The desk clerk should have taken my email and made the necessary adjustment. The Supervisor did make the change to the rate I was quoted. I will be checking my credit card bill to ensure the charges are correct.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Taylor_N_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Speedway, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear 447Judyc,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay. I am certainly sorry to hear that you that you were disappointed with your stay. The sofa linen is stored in the closet in a sealed bag so that you are assured the cleanliness and freshness of the contents. I will address with our team as you mentioned it may not have been presentable.

I am also sorry to hear about the billing confusion, please contact me directly: Taylor.Nintzel@hhg-hotels.com or 520-721-0991 if the correction does not show on your credit card properly.

Galesburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to Tucson for almost 15 years to this hotel. We chose it based on proximity to family and the saftiness of the area. We oringinally found the hotel due to a medical surgery and continued to stay here every year after. We feel as if they are extended family and this includes the whole staff. They are friendly cheerful and call us by name. We enjoy the breakfast and happy hour. The dinner acts as our light supper. The staff is very accommodating and very quick to assist. We wouldn't stay anywhere else. It is a great value for my dollar.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Taylor_N_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Speedway, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Jean,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. As the new General Manager of the Residence Inn Tucson, it was heartwarming to see your family-like relationship with our staff. I am so happy to be part of the family here myself and I know we are all looking forward to your return stay next year!

Warm Regards,