“Great Service and clean rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #43 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Maryland
“Great Service and clean rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2007

From the moment I walked into the lobby up until the day I left (stayed 4 nights), I was treated like one of the family. This is the first time in long while that a hotel has provided excellent service from morning at the "Hot Breakfast Buffet", afternoon warm cookies baked by Ms. Leigh unitl the evening social hour. The property is clean and well kept. The people here go out of there way to make you feel welcomed. Highly recommend staying here if you are ever in Tucson.

• Liked — The warm service.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Flagstaff, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2007

I stayed here last night and I wanted to let people know that I had a very pleasant stay. The front desk staff were friendly and polite. I felt welcome from the moment I walked in. The room was clean and well-kept. Granite countertops in the kitchen and bathroom were a nice touch.
Bed was comfy.
I didn't use the pool or hot tub, so I can't comment on it.
The breakfast buffet was very nice. Lots of choices to eat, as I've found with all Residence Inns.
I'll stay here again.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
various
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

I've stayed at several Residence Inns and they are all the same level of quality and service. I posted a video on YouTube of my room at the Tucson Residence Inn on Speedway Blvd.

Rooms are clean, staff is friendly, good quality control on the breakfast and dinners.

The Youtube video is at:
[-]

By the way, I forgot to film the laundry room. It has 4 washers 6 dryers! It is so nice not to have to wait for a dryer once your clothes are done.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

I intended to stay four nights. We requested what I was told was going to be two separate rooms (my wife watches TV late, while I need to sleep), but it was one big room. I talked to the front desk, and they told me that separate rooms would cost $40 more.

The next morning we went to breakfast. The Croissants were several days old: hard and dry, having been reheated many times. the hot water (for tea) was luke warm. The decaf was also cold.

So we slept there one night, and moved to the Radisson next door, where for the same price we got 2 separated rooms in a single suite. The Radisson has fresh food for breakfast, hot coffee, accommodating staff, etc.

• Liked — its location
  • Disliked — bad attitude and indifference of staff
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
TucsonRIBM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Speedway, responded to this review, March 4, 2009
Dear travelogue6,
I apologize for the misunderstanding with your reservation, truly all this could have been avoided had the reservationist qualified your call better.
I think we got the kinks out of the breakfast service because in 2008 we were ranked #14 out of 566 hotels in breakfast experience overall. Also, in 2008, we were the only Gold Awarded hotel in overall guest satisfaction in the Tucson area.
I hope you give us another chance to see the changes we've made since your last visit.
sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2007

We stayed two nights as we moved our son into his dorm at the U of A. The accomodations were excellent. We paid $139 per night.

My son, wife and I both had an excellent breakfast both days. The room was very well decorated with up-to-date stylish kitchen (stainless steel refrigerator).

The Inn must of been remodeled since the last review posted as our bed was extremely comfortable and clean. Lots of very comfortable pillows.

We wish it was closer to the campus (about 5 miles away) - as we would definitely stay here again....but there are so many other hotel choices that are much closer to the campus. The drive down Speedway Blvd to the campus can take quite awhile depending on traffic and time of day.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2005

This hotel did not meet my expectations, especially when compared to other Residence Inns. I had requested a late checkout (1pm), as I had an early morning meeting, had been out of state all week, and needed some rest. Housekeeping tried twice to enter my room before 1pm (despite the DND sign I put on the door), and then the front desk called to kick me out of the room. I complained (quite nicely) at the front desk at checkout, and the front desk agent said, "oh, sorry," and sent me on my way. The value for this property is terrible. I paid $149/night - there are signs all over the place indicating that the place is going to be remodeled soon - perhaps then the facilities might be worth the price, however, I wouldn't pay any price for such terrible service.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2005

I enjoyed my weeklong stay at this hotel. It has nice areas outside for gathering, if you can handle the arizona heat. The rooms were nice with lots of room and the small kitchen was great. I will defininely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2002, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Tucson Speedway? Share your experiences!