“Very reasonable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Monterey, California
“Very reasonable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This property is not in the best four or five star type of shape room-wise, but for the value in terms of amenities and customer service you get your moneys worth!

Pros:
-Customer service from staff and front desk is on point. I arrived in Tucson around 11am which is way before before check in (3pm). I was headed out to Phoenix for a bachelor party for the rest of the day and found that my group and I weren't coming back until very late, like 1am. Worried, I called the hotel and the man, Justin, kindly put me at ease and said that my room will not be sold away. So mad props for Justin for having great hospitality skills!
-Nice newly re-done pool! That night light is super crisp!
-Breakfast food is really good. I've never been to a hotel that actually makes biscuits and gravy which is great hangover food!
-Wifi had a pretty strong signal throughout property
-Close by to a lot of shopping places like Safeway and Costco down the road which had gas

Cons:
Room had some issues:
-LCD TV had sound but no picture. Not a big deal for me since I was out and about a lot, but was a bummer nonetheless. (I mentioned this at checkout and was told that turning it on and off from the TV itself works, but it's a little annoying)
-Sink light barely came on
-Loud yet working A/C unit. With these being a necessity in Arizona, you would think these would be high priority all around.
-Some wall patching/paint spotches here and there that made some parts of the room look a little incomplete.
-Mattress was really saggy, but was able to fall asleep just fine...which may have been the fact that I was out drinking a couple nights I stayed
-Parking lot is a bit strange, it has a narrow passageway on the side but opens up around the back of property.
-Location makes it a little daunting to cross to other side of Tanque Verde, especially with busy traffic.

With all these playing out, my purpose of the stay outweighed the shortcomings, and finds it fit that this hotel is about a 3 to 3.5 out of 5. It has that old rustic Southwest charm but a little strong in that aspect to where it makes the hotel look like it needs renovations still. I'd come back.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Overall, the property was very good. The hot breakfast every morning was much more than we had expected with waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, cereal, juice, coffee and still more. Evening social hour was ok with acceptable wine, chips and veggies to munch on.
We asked for a room on the ground floor to accommodate a handicapped family member, and it was assigned very close to handicapped parking as well. This was a big plus. More grab bars and a taller toilet would have been very helpful, though.
Several negatives - the blanket had a hole at the top edge, the top covering was only a half piece, the neighbors one night were terribly loud until management put a stop to it.
Also, a $5 hotel service fee was tacked on top of the rate quoted, booked, and confirmed on the internet which I wasn't aware of until after check out. This added $25 to the cost of our stay. When I called to ask what the service fee was for, the answer was it was for use of the gym facilities and outside restaurant discounts, neither of which we used.
This fee should be put on up front, on line.
Next time we visit Tucson, we'll go there again, but I'll confirm the room rate and extra fees before we arrive to get the true picture.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We enjoyed our stay. We had multiple friends and family members with us for a wedding in the area. The hotel accommodated us well, it was reasonably priced, it had nearby restaurants within walking distance that were great, and the staff was very friendly and attentive. We would stay here again!

Amity Harbor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Pool was just upgraded, rooms were a little 'tired'. Housekeeper discarded a bag of shoes. front desk did not get anyone to look in dumpster that day...next day maintenance personnel went 'dumpster diving' and found them at my request. trash was already overdue to be picked up.

Worland, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stay here every time we go to Tucson! The people that work here are friendly and take good care to ensure that you have a nice stay. The breakfast is as very good, I don't think you can find any better. Also, has a social hour that gives one a chance to meet other travelers. Tell you how good it is, we stayed here for 22 days!

Thank all of you at the Ramada for making our stay enjoyable!

Room Tip: We like the suites on the second floor. We never had any issue with noise.