“Golfers Woke Us Up Really Early” 4 of 5 stars

Omni Tucson National Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2727 West Club Drive, Tucson, AZ 85742   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #19 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Toledo, Ohio
“Golfers Woke Us Up Really Early”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in either room 123 or 125 (can't remember exactly). The resort is rather old, we were told it was built in the 60's, but you wouldn't know it to look at the place. We were told by the staff that it is considered a small resort so they have some renovations planned to expand the place.

Check in was quick and easy but finding our room was difficult given that we didn't see any signs to point us in the right direction. I don't recommend the room we stayed in because outside the window was a speed bump which all the golf carts would speed over to get to the adjacent driving range. The noise had us up before 6am every morning, and it was even more bothersome on the weekend when there were more golfers.

The rooms themselves were incedibly spacious and very nicely decorated. I loved that there were two separate sink areas, a large walk in closet, and a big bath tub, but the shower was almost claustrophobic. Unfortunately, our fridge didn't work. The bed was very comfortable and we loved the view from our back patio of the golf course.

As part of the romance package, we got a free breakfast buffet every morning but the restaurant was hard to locate with a lack of signs. Because there was never any host standing near the door and never more than 5 people in the restaurant, it always looked closed. On the weekends there was a small buffet set up and over in the corner was a chef who made any kind of eggs we wanted, waffles, pancakes, etc. They tasted really good and the chef was very friendly. During the week there was no breakfast buffet but we were allowed to order anything we wanted from the menu. The portions were huge.

We mostly saw couples at the resort but a few families were always at the pool which was clean and even had a bar with misters to keep you cool. The outdoor fire pits that lit up at night were a nice touch and there was also a gym and tennis courts which we didn't use.

One night we ordered room service. About an hour later our food arrived and the pizza was decent and very filling and the cobb salad was so huge I couldn't finish it. Also, as a part of our romance package, we could select a beverage that we'd like delivered to our room any time the next day.

I really liked the feel of the resort. It was romantic and honeymoon-ish and reminded me of Cabo. Besides being awoken early from the golf carts speeding over the speed bump outside our window, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
tucson az, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed in a very nice casita, but the dining was abysmal. The permanent staff must have been on vacation. Way too few tables and way too little culinary quality. If you stay here, cook for yourself or go off-premises to eat.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OmniTucsonNational, Manager at Omni Tucson National Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our resort. We are sorry that your dining experience left you with a bad taste in your mouth and we appreciate you letting us know. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I just got back from staying at this resort.We found a good deal on Groupon and booked through Groupon. We booked a king size suite with a golf course view. The room itself was very nice and spacious. We found the bar to be clean, as well as the bathroom and sinks. Our bed sheets were clean, there was no fan however in the room. We were able to adjust the temperature to 60 degrees at night and it did get quite cold.

The bed was comfortable, and the sheets were very soft, but it was very thin. They gave you a flat sheet, a very flat and thin duvet, topped with another flat sheet and then a waffle blanket. I like the heavy feelings of blankets on me, but I was able to stay warm with all four layers.

The patio/balcony we had outside of the room was very nice overlooking hole 9. The screen door however was a bit old and worn, but it still kept all of the flies out. The showers are nice, water pressure was low, but it didn't bother me too much, I was able to deal with it and still get cleaned. The shower was small, but it wasn't a big issue.

The resort food was pretty good, and the prices were for what I expected, normal for dining at a resort hotel. It was about 40-50$ per meal, even the breakfast delivered to the room. They get you with included gratuities on certain places. Bob's Steak House was great, the meats were cooked to perfection and I'd say it was well worth the total of 120$ meal. WIth a glass of wine and dessert.

We had valet parking, the only issues I saw regarding the front desk was that there usually wasn't staff waiting around for you. You had to hang around a few minutes before a serviceman would show up. But they did give complimentary waters when bringing your car around which was nice, I believe my car always had covered parking. Stayed clean although it rained.

This place has very nice golf courses. My husband and I don't even play golf, but we did enjoy the driving range. It was a good price for an all day pass

The pools and service at the cabana were very nice. I enjoyed the poolside or course until 20 kids came in to enjoy too. If you go out there a little earlier around 9 or later around 5, you can usually avoid the younger children.

I did have a spa treatment, vichy desert breeze. It was very nice, but the spa quiet rooms were lacking. There was only 1 magazine, dating to aug 2010 and it was summer cooking. There was a tea or coffee machine. And that was about it. No music playing and the couches were stiff with no pillows. My therapist Kelly was great and customized my package. My skin left very soft and refreshed. It was a Desert Breeze.

Overall, it was a very nice stay. We would recommend staying in the suites, and it wasn't hard to find good local dining if you don't want to spend too much at the resort dining.

Room Tip: We chose a large suite on the second floor, was quiet, even right by the pool.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed in the cabin portion of the property. The cabins are well-worn. But we got a good price over the 4th of July. They were very clean, and quite spacious but there were bugs crawling in our tub, and we had to call up twice to the front desk for them to fix a cracked toilet seat.

Except for the lady at the front desk who apparently didn't call into maintenance to get the toilet seat fixed (she sounded distracted and I wasn't surprised when it didn't happen), all of the staff was cheerful, professional and willing to go the extra mile. Even the cleaning crew seemed engaged and greeted us. I got the impression that they enjoyed their jobs, which makes me think that the Omni Resort treats their employees well. I really appreciated their enthusiasm. It helped me relax and enjoy myself.

The

The only real problem I had with the place was that the pool was covered with dead bugs. It was pretty gross. May have been due to the stormy weather we had that week.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you had an overall good impression of our resort including the customer service, which is the basis for the entire hotel operation. Your feedback is very helpful as it does show us the areas for improvement, and we appreciate you letting us know where we did not meet the expectations of an Omni Hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit.
Tuscon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

the hotel is beautiful ,staff is friendly ,the rooms are beautiful... WE had a great time golfing .watching movies at the pool ...I will definetely recommend it .It is really close to the UAV University ,and the city ,It s quiet and very clean ,I liked the spa they offered great massages and facials .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Tucson, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

A great value, if you're looking for a little extra room, a great property, and first rate spa, pool, and dining. Two FULL sized beds - WAY too small for my family - but that is my only complaint... The friendly service makes up for tough night sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

phoenix, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice place and reminds of old desert. Relaxing and great price during summer. Thank you for not putting us near the main pool where families with kids were enjoying themselves. Legends was nice place to relax. Go to Bob's with caution. Location is wonderful if you are going to Old Tucson, Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum (a must) and Saguaro National Park.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni Tucson National Resort? Share your experiences!