“Outstanding staff” 4 of 5 stars

Omni Tucson National Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2727 West Club Drive, Tucson, AZ 85742   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Palmer, Alaska
“Outstanding staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We spent 2 nights here and can not say enough about the detail oriented staff. Upon arrival we were given water and a kid backpack of goodies for our 5 year old. The pool staff were quick to bring ice water and towels the minute we came in to the pool area. They also supplied float toys for my granddaughter. The most amazing valet, Justin, went above and beyond to give me a lift to the local Walgreens when I realized I had forgotten an essential pool toy for my granddaughter. That is an exceptional staff member!
We were told that our room had been recently upgraded and in some aspects we could see that that was true and it was huge. The bed was excellent. However, details do matter and although the decor etc looked new, the chips in the paint on the trim and the toilet paper holder falling off the wall was not a good sign. The patio was dirty and we did not use it; the walkways and pool patio needed sweeping. Like other reviewers I thought the refrigerator did not work until I was told that it was actually a wine cooler and did not actually chill anything. Personally, I would much prefer a refrigerator to keep water and leftovers cold.
Overall, the food experience was excellent from the delicious breakfast to the poolside meals. Bob's steak house was a disappointment. I've eaten at the one in Dallas and it was excellent, not the case here. My steak was overcooked and the waiter was rushed and did not know details about what he was serving.
That said, I would sill recommend this location, especially when they complete all the renovations that

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
OmniTucsonNational, Manager at Omni Tucson National Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Omni Tucson National Resort. While each positive review that we receive is genuinely appreciated, it is always especially refreshing to hear glowing feedback from a guest regarding our associates. We will share your compliments with our staff, especially to Justin. We look forward to having you return and hope to provide you with another excellent stay at the Omni Tucson National.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I spent 4 days and 4 nights in this resort in june 2013, and I must say that my business trip turned out to be a very nice moment, mostly thanks to this resort : well maintained, clean, amazing surroundings, very quiet, UGE rooms, very gentle and available staff...

A special "thank you" to Johnny FENTON who is the most amazing concierge I have ever met in ten years of luxury / business trips. She will give you all the tips you need to really enjoy Tucson.

Only one point was a bit disappointing : I wasn't able to get access to the wifi from every part of my room (#115). It worked only when I was around my bed.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms in 1** : they have been revamped recently.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
OmniTucsonNational, Manager at Omni Tucson National Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review of the Omni Tucson National Resort. It is a delight for us to hear that Johnny was so helpful and accommodating and we hope for the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Laguna Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

It is summer in Tucson - which means great deals on resorts. We decided to try the Omni out for $150 a night - bargain right?? - WRONG! We stayed in a Mountain Vista room away from the resort - looking forward to spending time in the pool - well... no..the pool had a dried out creek feature - dead lizards on the bottom and cigarette butts and a heavy slick of sunscreen floating on the top - I watched the maintenance men come in a look at the disgusting pool - I thought surely it would be clean by the next day - well I was wrong - so glad I had to pay that extra resort fee for the exceptional grounds. The room - dirty toilet seat that looked like it had been in the room since the 60's - no wireless internet despite three calls to the front desk - and one broken phone. So just a warning for the price and the accomodations there are many other beautiful properties that are well maintained in Tucson.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
OmniTucsonNational, Manager at Omni Tucson National Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your constructive feedback about the hotel. The hotel is sheduled for a guestroom renovation in September . We are confident the upgrades will address your concerns of an aging product. Please accept our apology for the service lapse you experienced. The feedback has been shared with the staff as we are constantly striving to improve our service delivery. We hope you will visit us again in the future.
Boston,MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

You leave downtown tucson and head out to the desert. There is nothing for a little ways then all the sudden a beautiful large resort and golf course evolve from the mountain side. This place is amazing. Large pool and patio area, perfect for lounging while the boys played golf. truly a special place.

• Stayed September 2012
We appreciate you sharing your recent experience at the Omni Tucson National. We are glad that you enjoyed your weekend stay with us. Thank you for your business and your review and we will look forward to welcoming you back.
Ozark, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Checking in was a disaster and my rolex watch was stolen. Avoid this resort!

This is my second time staying at the Omni resort and its my last! I was checked into a dirty room and waited in the room until housekeeping finished cleaning to get settled in. The refrigerator did not work and housekeeping/maintenance brought another one to the room.

While eating lunch on day two in our room housekeeping came to clean our room. We let them know we were just finishing up lunch and had a 1pm golf tee time and would gone in 15 minutes. Golf was great but when we arrived back to the room we realized that my watch was stolen off the nightstand next to my bed.

The watch is a ROLEX SUBMARINER green Stainless Steel 2003 Anniversary Edition Watch. It was a gift given to me by by dad who is now deceased and its not a replaceable item!

I talk to management who seemed stunned that this happened and started looking into the matter. I wasn't happy with their actions so I called and filed a police report.

The only ones who had entered the room was housekeeping while I was golfing and their was no signs of a break in thought the sliding glass doors to the side porch.

I didn't realize there was a safe in the room until afterwards and the hotel basically said they would question there staff and investigate the theft.

Obviously no one stepped forward with the watch and the hotel had their legal department send me a letter stating that it was my fault for leaving the watch out on the night stand and for not using the safe.

• Stayed March 2013
We are truly disappointed to hear of this guest's experience with us. Fortunately, he also contacted us directly so we were able to work with him to find our more about the situation and provide an appropriate resolution. We strive to provide each of our guests with a high level of service and attention to detail and regret that we missed the mark. We again offer this guest our apologies and thank him for his feedback which allows us to make improvements to our service.
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

If you love to play golf this is a great place to stay at an affordable price.

The suite was huge and if you are staying for over a week it included a walk-in closet which was very nice so our luggage/clothing was stored out of site.

The staff/customer service is the best in Tucson! They were very accommodating and when we asked for a refrigerator for our room they brought one right away as well as a microwave! The concierge, Johnny, is the most informed concierge in Tucson! If you want to know the history about anything or need some ideas on what to do/where to go just ask her. She also supplied us with water before we left on our outing!

The golf is amazing. Both courses are in meticulous shape although we did prefer the Catalina course. Also, our room was situated so we could drink our morning coffee on our balcony and watch the members teeing off early morning. The views were beautiful - the one morning there was a duck crossing over the fairway to the pond with her ducklings - very cute.

The day we spent at the pool was really fun. If you don't want to be in the sun there are plenty of umbrellas. The pool staff brought cool (yummy smelling) face towels for everyone and also brought around ice pops and fresh water!

The only con was there was a mouse on our patio! Although I never saw it there was droppings every morning when we went out to drink our coffee....I did call the front desk and they cleaned the patio very well and had someone spray while we were out playing golf.

We have stayed at the Hilton El Conquistador in Oro Valley and that property / customer service is not even comparable to the Omni. Last year when we stayed at the Hilton the last day we were there they did clean our room, we had no clean towels for showers, and when we asked they said they were overbooked and too busy to clean our room! When we arrived back from dinner the last night we were at the Hilton guests were smoking marijuana on their patio and this is a non-smoking resort. When we complained to the front desk they said there was nothing they could do about what guests were doing on their patios!

This would never happen at the Omni. We will absolutely stay at the Omni again when we are in Tucson! We LOVE this place!

Room Tip: When you check-in just ask for the type of view you are looking for; the staff is very accommodating...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you kindly for taking the time to share such complimentary remarks! It is our priority to exceed our guests' expectations, and we are pleased to hear that we met, and exceeded, yours. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Tucson!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The desert setting was beautiful, the staff were very helpful and friendly, our room was well-maintained and comfortable. I truly felt I was staying at a luxury resort. I have stayed at some of the other resorts in Tucson, and Omni is at the top of my list.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Omni Tucson National Resort. We appreciate your business and were delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. Come back and see us soon. We will be happy to serve you in the future.

Been to Omni Tucson National Resort? Share your experiences!