“FILTHY, ALL PROMISED EQUIPMENT MISSING” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Regal Inn

Save Saved
You added Regal Inn to your Saves list
Regal Inn
1222 S Freeway Rd, I-10 at Exit 259/22nd St, Tucson, AZ 85713 (Formerly Motel 6 Tucson - 22nd Street)   |
Ranked #114 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Los Angeles, California
“FILTHY, ALL PROMISED EQUIPMENT MISSING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Online advert showed microwave, fridge and internet in all rooms. NONE were available. Black hair in the sink and on the army blanket. The one with holes, just like the bed sheets. Don't walk barefeet, you collect 10 year old grease!

Room Tip: "Do not stay there under any circumstances, you're better off sleeping in your car. This pl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I was going to file this under "what the heck did I expect?" Then I saw their website proclaim "Tucson's cleanest budget motel".

During a road trip, my girlfriend and I wanted a place to close our eyes for 6-hours. We stopped in a row of low budget motels advertising their rates from $24 to $38. At night, they all looked unsavoury but bizarrely, the $24 Regal Inn looked most appealing.

The outside looked clean, the lobby was tidy and the girl working the counter was friendly. We thought we chose wisely.

Inside, the room was damp and small. We had no toilet paper, 3 small towels and one pillow. We got toilet paper at the front desk but, a 2nd pillow was beyond their means. We slept uneasy wearing our clothes and hit the shower early to get out of there.

The shower was quickly vetoed when my girlfriend saw a roach scamper across the floor. The $24 price isn't worth the stress of wondering whether a crawly critter snuck into your bag to find its way home.

Room Tip: I would NOT recommend room #126. Maybe the rest of the building make it "Tucson's Cleanest...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

the staff were very friendly and helpful here, and recommended a nearby restaurant. the room had no tv remote and staff quickly found one for me. they also gave me a room in the back of the motel-roooms in the front of the motel would be very noisy because they face a freeway. the room was very clean and was actually a smoke-free room, w/o the brown cigarette grime on the furniture!! the price was low for the area.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
South AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

This time, the stay at the hotel was perfectly acceptable. I asked for a room as far away from the pool as possible. It was clean, quiet, and had a coffeepot. I was really reticent to return as the first stay was next to the pool. The first stay, they allowed unsupervised children to play & scream well past 1030 at night. We finally demanded to move, and they put us in a nasty smelling room, that also was a smoking room. We suspect it was a rent-by-the-hour room. I am writing this reveiw to "give the devil its due -- and recommend that you ask to be away from the front and pool.

• Liked — Cheap & Clean
  • Disliked — There are some indications of not-so-nice guests.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dunkerque, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

I go in a Motel 6 when I don't arrive to find a motel at a good price during the famous incredible prices fridays and saturdays nights.
I don't like these motels even if they are cleaned and all over the country for low price ; rooms are small,furniture aseptized, breakfast not inclused, exept a coffee, no wifi.
But priced are fixed and you know what to expect when you arrive there: No fun but no surprise... you're in a motel 6.

• Liked — price the week ends
  • Disliked — not fun, no wifi, no breakfast
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2007

I stayed there for four days. I was hit on by a hooker in the parking lot. There was constant noise. I was not afraid for my safety since I am a very large, intimidating looking man but I would never bring my family to this armpit of motels.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2007

My husband and I stayed here as we were going to Tucson for a concert. Normally we would have stayed at The Congress Hotel, but we were looking to save a bit of cash, so we opted for Motel 6. Had I known how bad the accomodations were going to be I would have gladly spent the extra money to stay somewhere else.
Upon arrival it didn't seem too bad. The area appeared slightly sketchy, but I wasn't too worried. Once we got inside the room it looked so dirty. I went into the bathroom and the towels were damp and one was even completely dirty. It looked as if it had been dragged outside and run over with a car and the toliet had dried urine on it. It had appeared that the room really hadn't been cleaned at all.
We did spend the night in the room, but I refused to take a shower because I was not going to use the filthy towels. We waited until we got back to Phoenix to shower in our own home.
I would NOT recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Regal Inn? Share your experiences!