“Excellent!!!!!!!! As long as your not going on a budget.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 127 hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Palmyra, VA
“Excellent!!!!!!!! As long as your not going on a budget.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

My wife, kids and in-laws stayed and really enjoyed the stay. The service was incredible and the suites with the sky line views were very nice. The Flying V restaurant on premises was incredible. The trails are awesome, as well as the pond and waterfall especially at night and just the whole setting was well worth it. Only thing as it is a very nice place ther was a weddings with lots of people and a business convention, so it was crouded at one point but really it was so worth it. We will definately be staying there again!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just don't go with the thinking of a budget etc.. and get shocked when you check out. You pay for what you get which I consider it top notch service. Well done Loews we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

1,197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

When my family pulled up to the curb in front of the hotel, a man instantly opened the doors to let us out. The man was very friendly and told us were the check-in desk was. The doorman then opened the door to the hotel and we walked up to the desk. Check-in went smoothly except for one thing. They said: "Due to the 4th of July Weekend high occupancy, we are unable to give a refrigerator. We will though, be able to deliver you a fridge later during your stay". That made me made, mainly because I specifically I badly need one during reservations, plus, we checked in on that Friday at almost exactly check-in time, so it couldn't have been from the weekend! Our room was large and had a giant patio that looked out upon the saguaro cacti, flat faced prickly pears, and other plants. Outside, you can also hear owls hooting. The bed was very comfy, and the bathroom was gigantic. It had a small TV which didn't have all the welcome to the Loews Ven... stuff. The bathtub, I swear, was the largest I have ever seen in my life! One con about the room though, was that the TV remote wasn't always working. You had to clearly point it to the television and hope that it went through. The room was also very clean. If you want to go to the only 5 diamond restaurant in Tucson, only 5 diamond southwestern cuisine restaurant in the world, and you came in the summer, your out of luck! They close in the summer, because not enough people come then! I though that that was kind of cheesy, but the prices were through the roof! The Cascade Lounge had very decent food for a very reasonable price. They also have themes every few nights, such as movie night or what not. The Flying V Bar and Grill was also good. It was more expensive, but nicer food! Try the burger! We didn't have time to go to Bill's Grill, but it looked good. Canyon Cafe had very good food, but was very expensive. And after a long day's touring, you may want to swim in the huge hotel pool, play tennis, play basketball, play croquet, or play table tennis as the sunset goes down. They never delivered our fridge, and at check-out, we were especially angry when the bell boy wouldn't let us take the luggage cart! He HAD to do it! He took it to our room and wanted to take it IN the room until we created an excuse. Then he wanted to wait for us, until we finished loading, so he can take it to our car! We said, it will be a while, so he left and told us to call the bellboys to bring it to our car! Ya right! I would highly suggest this hotel if you want to relax a lot, eat a lot ($100 food credit for 3+ nights/$50 food credit for 2 nights), and discover a lot.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Darke Co. Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

A wonderful place to stay and a great value during their 'offseason".
The staff could not have been any friendlier or more helpful, the grounds remind you of a nature preserve.
The room was very nice and well cleaned, all in all a very nice place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Westlake Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

The people at Loews in Tucson certainly know how to run a hotel. Their customer service is the best I have ever experienced at any hotel/motel/resort I have stayed at in my entire life. I seriously can't recall a time I was treated with such respect at any other resort. Pick up the phone to call down for the car it was always Yes Mr. Burchaski how can we help you Mr. Burchaski, certainly Mr. burchaski, do you need fdirections Mr. Burchaski? It was amazing service. Dennis got our bags for us showing us all of the features of the resort on our first few minutes there. The normal Valet (who I forgot his name I think but I am almost positive it was George) would greet us with a smile, get the doors, ask where we were going, and just was extremely friendly. This guy was absolutely amazing.

The rooms are gorgeous, nice and large with a super comfortable king size bed, a loveseat, desk, chair and an nice patio with a wonderful view of the mountain. The bathroom has a small flat screen which was a bit over the top but I used it! The tub...the tub...the tub...you seriously could fit a family of 4 into the tub. My wife loved it. It was just another one of those amazing things you just don't think about.

The grounds were beautiful. The landscaping made you feel like you were miles away from the city and everyone. The Window Trail was a great way to start out the morning and gaze at the beautiful waterfall. The pools were clean and refreshing. The waterfall pool was really neat but wow is that water cold! Perfect for a quick dip after hiking in 100 degree weather.

The dining options really didn't want to make you leave the resort. The Flying V was amazing as was Bill's poolside where Edmundo was by far one of the best servers we ever had. Both had the best Guacamole too! Actually better than all of the places we ate at in the area outside the resort. We only caught a couple of drinks at the Cascade room, but cocktails, live entertainment and the big screen how can you go wrong?

Would I stay here again? Absolutely 100% YES. Loews knows how to treat their guests. I just wish I had more time to do all the fun stuff around the area. This location is perfect. There are things to do for the whole family 5 minutes away or at most 30 minutes away if you want to hit the casino.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

We live close to Tucson and a weekend at Loews Ventana Canyon is just a nice local weekend treat for my family. The way that Priceline "Name Your Own Price" is set up, if you select a resort hotel in this part of Tucson, you will always get Loews Ventana Canyon as it's the only one (careful not to select 4-star, or you might get The Lodge next door, which charges a $25 per day resort fee and has no facilities unless you like golf), and we usually pay around $60-$70 per night.
As another reviewer said, they do nickel and dime you (charging for parking etc.), but other than that this is my absolute favorite hotel, the setting is just so beautiful, the pools are great, the nature walk and waterfall are charming, the food is good and reasonably priced for a good hotel, the rooms are really nice, all in all you leave feeling pampered and happy but it's not snobbish in the least (my pet hate) which is more than you can say for The Lodge next door.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

My husband and I stayed 5 days here. I thought the rooms were very comfortable and appropriate. The housekeeping was very good. I was surprised at 2 things at Lowes. One, no turn down service. Two, while they had a mini bar, they didn't offer the key at check-in. We didn't bother going down to ask for it, I just found it rather odd. They do have $6 water bottles. I bought at a local grocery and kept it in the room. The pool looked lovely but we didn't use it, nor any of the restaurants, because we had a list of favorites from a local. I did use the spa, which was very nice, although the masseuse was a bit hurried in the treatment. The treatment was in the middle of the day, and they are open till 8:00PM. The grill overlooking the golf course is a very nice feature for a late dinner (sunset) or evening drinks- which we did take advantage of.
There was no resort scheduled activites, or if there was, there was no mention, or daily newsletter. We had planned outings everyday, so we wouldn't have participated. So, if you are planning on Lowes for entertainment, don't. So, I find it difficult to call it a resort. More of a nice upscale hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

Our room had a view of the golf course - which I highly recommend. The staff was absolutely fabulous - from check-in to bartenders - everyone was very friendly and made sure we had a great time.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Loews Ventana Canyon? Share your experiences!