“A great place for a family vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Yorktown, VA
“A great place for a family vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We have been here before and the hotel has stood the test of time - it's still great. (maybe it needs some minor tweaks, but those don't detract). Memorial Day weekend and the place was packed and the entire staff was up to the task. Everything - service, food, facilities and organized acivities took place without a hitch. Be sure to catch the evening stargazing program - absolutely worth it. The food and service was excellent in every restaurant and at poolside, special kudos to the Flying V. Don't tell anyone about serenity pool - keep it to yourself.

Room Tip: Chose your view - a city view is dramatic but I like the mountain view looking west. Great sunsets
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Loews Ventana Canyon was wonderful. Andrea worked with me ahead of time to be sure that my family's needs were met. We had 6 rooms, to include a suite for gatherings. We also had some special aspects to deal with (elderly family members). Andrea was so kind and helped book the rooms ahead of time so that everything worked out great. We had a couple of blips at the beginning, but everyone was as kind and gracious as could be. The rooms were clean and nice and were quiet! I highly recommend Loews for your family trips. Oh, and don't miss the brunch on Sunday - fabulous. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Mountain views are best
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My family and I made the bi-annual trek out to Tucson for extended family and this trip decided to stay at Ventana Canyon. I went to school back in the day at UofA and remember when this was built. The Architecture and site are quite pleasing - it sits in the desert comfortably and has spectacular views. The interiors are a little dated, but perfectly fine. They're really only relevant while prepping to get back outside, although the beds were quite comfortable and waking to sit on the terrace and look up at the mountains was a joy.

The vistas from the pool and outdoor dining are exquisite as well.

We made much use of the pool (all of us up and in as soon as it opened every morning) and enjoyed breakfast (surprisingly good for a hotel) daily. Back to the room to prepare for a quick hike. Perfect way to start a day.

Great place to come back to after running around all day. We had a room that was on an upper floor and as far up north as possible - as a result, the hikes to and from dining, etc. were long, but again - it's beautiful.

Have stayed at most of the luxury properties and spas in Tucson and yes, there are fancier, more lux offerings to be had, but Ventana hits all the right notes for a reasonable price. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Upper Floor with Northwest facing views. Go for the long walk and get one far from check-in. Totally...
Green Features: Liked their green initiatives, but one anomaly are tubs in the room that are 60"x72"x24". We only use them as showers, but kind of weird to have something with the capacity for an immense volume of water in the desert. Go figure.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you so much for taking a few moments to share your recent experience at Loews Ventana Canyon with us on TripAdvisor. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and were able to relax poolside and enjoy our beautiful desert surroundings during your stay. I appreciate your comments and I hope to welcome you back to visit us again after the resort undergoes a complete refresh this summer!

Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A very nice property with terrific views, wonderful grounds and a lovely natural setting. The hotel itself is getting along in years, and the corridors and some public spaces need sprucing up, but overall, the restaurants, bar, lobby, pool area are fabulous. The "V" restaurant has terrific food. The only complaint I had was the lack of any casual dining on site for those evenings when a formal restaurant is not desired. My wife and I found the resort full of conferences, but that was not a problem at all because of the fact that we had the place mostly to ourselves for most every day. We tended to go off site to some wonderful restaurants in Tuscan that were close and more affordable. Overall, the experience was fabulous and Tuscan is a wonderful city with a lot to see and do. Countless natural wonders, and the desert at its most beautiful time. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Take a City view. You can't see anything in the desert at night--the desert side may be a litt...
Green Features: Seems to be recycled, water conservation, and suggested environmental practices in every room.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for joining us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon. It sounds like you had a wonderful stay and that you were able to enjoy the many amenities available both on property and nearby. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Ventana Canyon after the resort undergoes a complete refresh this summer!

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was a surprise birthday trip planned by my boyfriend and it was amazing. Great location, close to hiking, restaurants and even downtown Tucson. The room was great and so was the pool area. There were very few food options: a cafe, lounge and restaurant -- all had small menus and high prices (but it's what I'd expect of a resort) We ordered pizza one night and it was super easy and no judgement -- which I love. Not much to do in Tucson other than chill at the resort!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! I am so pleased to hear what a fantastic visit you and your boyfriend has with us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon to celebrate your birthday, and I appreciate you taking a few moments of your time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. Happy Birthday once again from all of us at Loews Ventana Canyon and I hope to welcome you back to visit us again very soon.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We decided to spend a long weekend in Tucson to include a stay at Leows Ventana Canyon. I had stayed at this resort years ago and remember the overall experience being exemplary. We arrived on a Friday night and had difficulty parking at the entrance to check in. There were no baggage attendants present, and a long line to check in. Once we checked in, we were instructed to park over close to our room at the east parking lot. While we entered on a second floor entrance, I noticed this entrance area was in bad shape. It was dirty, the tiles in the area we're pulled up and the area looked tired. The room was nice and the view was good but rather than looking over the lake, city and mountains, we looked over a parking lot. Also, the rooms need to be rewired to assist it all of today's charging issues. The property is nice, the restaurant service was good but this property is not operating at the level that you would expect from a Leows property. I beleive today you could probably find a higher standard at another resort in Tucson.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies that we were unable to fully meet your expectations during your recent stay at Loews Ventana Canyon. I have messaged you privately to learn more about your experience so that we can continue to improve the overall experience our guests receive and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again in the future.

Derek McCann
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

As a local we decided to celebrate our anniversary/start of summer here over memorial weekend. It was busy and we couldn't get a chair at the pool (put our name on a list, by 4:30 we gave up and swam, piling our belongings in a corner) we also picked up our meals from local restaurants as the onsight restaurants are too expensive for families ($30 a person poolside bbq/$42 person for brunch...our children don't eat enough to justify spending that much!) needless to say we piled up a bit of takeout trash in our room, by 3 the next day our room had not been cleaned! We ended up putting our trash on the balcony, didn't want to call the front desk because we weren't sure how long we would be in the room (on the waiting list again for a poolside chair). Overall I think I would rather drive to Phoenix, many more family friendly options in newer hotels with better prices on food and amenities.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for taking the time to share your comments with us from your recent stay at Loews Ventana Canyon. We strive to provide the highest levels of service to our guests and I sincerely apologize that we were unable to fully meet your expectations and to deliver the quality of service that we are known for. Your feedback is very important to me and I have messaged you privately to further discuss your experience. Thank you again and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again in the future.

Derek McCann

Been to Loews Ventana Canyon? Share your experiences!