My daughter and I chose this resort for a staycation in mid August. She checked in on a Friday night between 4-5 pm with no problem. We had upgraded to a 4th flour room that had an amazing view of the city. I arrived the next morning, and my room was ready around 2:00 pm. Despite having called reservations to secure a room near her, I was shown rooms that were too far away, and not satisfactory in other ways.. Finally Trevor gave me the room across from her room. I had already stood in several lines before, so I asked that a bellhop bring the cart and the keys up to my daughter's room I was able to get service at 4:30 pm. The front desk was totally overwhelmed with new arrivals, and it seemed that only one person could check them in.
We tried the lounge for happy hour. The wine and drinks were fine, but the food was expensive and way below par. The crab cakes were completely underdone (white and pasty).
At around 8:30 pm we were enjoying the balcony when we discovered that we had been locked out of our room. There is a caution sign on each door that indicates that the door may lock voluntarily. Fortunately there were people milling about the sidewalk under our room. We screamed for help and were rescued. When checking out, I spoke with a manager who indicated that the problem would be address when the resort underwent a total remodel next May. In the meantime, I strongly suggest that you take your cellphone with you whenever you use the balcony. Two bellhops said that this mishap had happened a number of times.
We really enjoyed the adult pool. It is private and serene. My daughter had a relaxing facial at the spa and would recommend their services. I am allergic and phobic for dogs, but there was enough room at the resort to I could maintain my distance .I think it is very possible to have a nice vacation here, and there are a number of excellent restaurants in the area, such as El Charro and Vivace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucson's spectacular 'Ventana' or 'Window' to the Soul of the Sonoran desert-is Loews Ventana Canyon. Discover a magical perspective high above Tucson's Catalina Mountains, where this stunning natural retreat offers a variety of activities, signature services and experiences to relax, energize and inspire guests. A playground of visitor delights includes: the luxurious Lakeside Spa & Tennis Center; Canyon hiking; professional stargazing; 2 Tom Fazio-designed PGA golf courses and lighted tennis courts; 2 swimming pools; a fitness center; nearby riding trails and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Otel, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Loews Ventana Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Ventana Canyon Hotel Tucson
- Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
- Loews Tucson
- Tucson Loews