“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

This place is awesome with a great Sunday brunch! We had a great experience. Good service, great view, Mathew was the best waiter around the pool and Hussein is a great BBQ chef on Sundays! All you can eat BBQ and seafood, mimosas, beer, Bloody Mary! Very comfortable and enjoyable experience!

Stayed August 2014
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for the excellent review. I am so glad to be able to recognize our team members, Mathew and Hussein, for a job well done. I hope you will join us again soon on a Sunday for Blues, Brews and BBQ Brunch!

Derek H McCann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
Christiansted
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

The rooms are very clean and spacious. The showers in the tub are huge and the tv in the bathroom made you feel like you were staying at one of those houses you see on Cribs. Would stay here again in a heartbeat! Loved it!!!

• Stayed November 2013
I’m thrilled to hear you loved visiting Loews Ventana Canyon! Our oversized bathtubs are a favorite of our guests, and it’s great to hear you enjoyed your room. I hope that you will be back to visit us again very soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

The hotel room is a bit outdated but the bed was comfy. The buffet for breakfast was okay, some items went cold and I had to ask for fresh items and it was a bit pricey. But at least I got a fresh waffle. Love the omelet station. Reservations were easy and check in fast. My fridge for the room was requested and available for my medicine. My only problem is that a huge behavioral conference took place and parking was horrible. Also, I wanted to extend for another night but was told I could not due to a full capacity of the hotel. I kept inquiring because I knew that rooms would open up eventually due to cancellations. I eventually had to go to another hotel with my 2 month old infant. I found out later online that rooms did open up and were bookable online. Needless to say I was disappointed that I had to leave my family from out of town. This was my first experience with the chain and it was tampered by poor problem solving solutions. They could have at least put me on a wait list or called me when cancellations occurred. Instead I got a simple no unless I was a You First Loews member with guaranteed room which only means that the hotel would boot a non member in order for a member to stay. I paid a higher rate for a standard King while another family paid the government rate for a nice suite. How is this fair? Seems like poor practices to me.

Room Tip: There is a resort fee so be prepared to pay this unless a promotion is available that exempts it. Th...
Green Features: I did not witness any recycle program while there. People use entirely way too many towels at the pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and sincerely apologize that we were unable to fully meet your expectations during your recent stay at Loews Ventana Canyon. I have messaged you privately to learn a little more about your experience and look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Loews Ventana Canyon!

Derek McCann
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

A beautiful setting, take the time to walk the grounds to see the local flora and fauna. The view of the mountains was magnificent from my room. Reception told us that the Flying V Bar and Grille was very high class and that we might manage to get a booking which sounded rather intimidating - when we arrived there we found the atmosphere relaxed and informal. The food was fantastic and hearty I recommend the guacamole made at your table. Please remember to feed the fish if you visit!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful mountain views and our famous tableside guacamole at the Flying V Bar & Grill! I appreciate you taking a few moments of your time to share your kind words on TripAdvisor and I truly hope to welcome you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again soon!

Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This hotel is gorgeous! My hotel room was clean and up to date. Their rooms are spacious as well. The tub was my favorite because it was huge! I wished I had time to take a bubble bath especially with the TV located in the bathroom. The walls between the rooms and the door between the hallway are pretty sound proof. You don't hear much noise when ppl walk down the hallway or next door. The hotel rooms are a little confusing since the main elevator in the lobby don't go to all the rooms so make sure you listen to the front desk agent when they're explaing to you on how to get to your room. You may have to go up two different elevators. My only small complaint was they took my hotel amenity (fruit plate) the next day. Maybe I should have put a note to not take it away? Usually when I get amenities they leave it in the room until I depart but maybe Loews has different rules? Anyway, it was no biggie. Also, the customer service it great!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review! It sounds like you had an excellent time enjoying our beautiful desert resort during your recent stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon and I truly appreciate you taking a few moments to share your experience on TripAdvisor! Thank you again and I hope to welcome you back to visit us again soon!

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My partner and I had the opportunity to enjoy an impromptu one night stay at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson earlier this month and we were highly impressed with this "aged beauty", it's spectacular desert valley setting and the exceptional service staff. Cocktails were enjoyed in the lounge on arrival and both drinks ordered were superbly mixed - my margarita was delicious. While our check in was delayed due to our room needing to be cleaned, we were pleased to be spoiled by our Guest Services Agent, Star van der Zee who took amazingly good care of us offering us a complimentary breakfast when we really had to wait an inordinate period of time. Our room, once in, was inviting and comfortable if a bit aged. The bed was wonderful and given a lack of sleep on both of our parts, an early night to bed and a delayed morning wakeup did just the trick! Breakfast in the restaurant was delicious and once again our server was helpful and charming. We both agreed on a mid morning departure that "we'll be back" to enjoy more of this amazing desert property.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you so much for your excellent TripAdvisor review! I am thrilled to be able to share your comments with the team, and especially our agent, Star. My hope is that each of our guests is able to relax and enjoy the property, and I’m so pleased you had a great experience. Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope to welcome you back very soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This was our first visit in the summertime, and we again just loved the place. We got a very low rate for a mountain view fourth floor room. The views were spectacular, the room spotless and kept that way the entire week. Again, management shows through as every single staff person, from the maids to the servers to the bellman to the front desk were friendly, relaxed, helpful, and professional. This is just a well oiled place, period.
The breakfasts were super, with buffets on the weekends. We sat outside, in the heat, and were well cared for and the menu is super good for breakfast.
They will provide an extra fridge in the room for free if you ask. That is a very nice feature. Oh, and the music and dancing on the weekend was a blast. Can't wait to return!
ZB

Room Tip: High up mountain view...we had 4231.
Green Features: Minimum paper and plastic use. Water conservation.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the fantastic feedback! We strive to provide a great experience for our guests and I’m so glad to hear we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon! I thank you again for your TripAdvisor review, and I look forward to having you return to visit us again soon!

Derek H McCann

Been to Loews Ventana Canyon? Share your experiences!