“Treat yourself!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Treat yourself!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This top notch resort provides a wonderful experience for families as well as business functions. Great layout of the property includes a short walk to a waterfall with the plants identified en route.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review! It sounds like you had a wonderful time during your recent stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon and were able to experience the beautiful Sonoran Desert firsthand while exploring the Window Walk Nature Trail! Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again soon!

Derek H McCann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

It was a big relief after a 6 hours drive from San Diego to arrive at this resort. The resort has a very nice garden with a waterfall. The rooms match the style of the hotel. We go a really big bathtub in which two persons can fit. It's recommend to at the Flying V restaurant, they have really nice steaks. The was really friendly and helpful.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! I am so happy to hear that you had such a great stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon and were able to enjoy our beautiful desert surroundings! Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again soon!

Roswell, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Our stay could not have been more pleasant! We have never encountered a more efficient and friendly staff! EVERY employee was over the top helpful and courteous. Every aspect of the hotel is clean and up to date. Free WiFi anywhere in the facility was a plus! Excellent food at the Flying V, especially the table side guacamole. Highly recommend this resort!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wow, thank you for your excellent TripAdvisor review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while attending a recent board meeting at Loews Ventana Canyon and that our Team Members were able to make such a memorable impact on your stay! I appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words on TripAdvisor and hope to welcome you back to visit us again very soon!

Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Loew's Ventana Canyon staff did an amazing job hosting our group. Every detail was perfect, from in-room amenities to delicious appetizers in the breath-taking Ventana Room, and a banquet that dazzled.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your kind words and for reviewing your recent stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon! I am delighted to hear that you had such a refreshing getaway at our beautiful desert resort and I look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I will continue to stay at Ventana on my trips as they do not ever fail to provide a great experience. They have great facilities and rooms, packages and always find a way to say yes.

The fine hotels packages are the deal!

You should always consider this hotel in Tucson.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Wow – thank you for your wonderful comments! I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I thank you for continuing to be our loyal guest. I hope to see you again very soon,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Decided very last minute to stay at this resort for one night in June. Off season rates were very affordable and the location seemed quiet and set away for a relaxing night. The room was fine, grounds were nice but not the level of service as I would expect. We were walk-ins and for the first time in my life I was turned away by the front desk agent saying I had to call or book my reservation online. It was 8 or 9 pm when we arrived and were the only ones in the lobby. I have never seen a hotel where the front desk agents are unable to make a walk-in reservation. So I had to sit down on the couch right next to the front desk, I tried calling and did not get through so had to go online on my phone and book a reservation while she stood there and waited. My husband was dealing with the car and valet and came in shocked when I explained what was going on. If you are apathetic to wanting business we will certainly go elsewhere.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review, and please accept my apologies for the disappointing experiences you described. I have messaged you privately to learn more about your stay, and I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again, and I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Loews Ventana Canyon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Looking from the outside of the hotel it doesn't look that great but it is amazing once you enter the lobby. The hotel inside is beautiful starting from the lobby to the hotel rooms. Very upscale rooms all well appointed. The grounds in the back had a gorgeous outdoor pool and trails that go all around the back of the hotel. The trails have really nice flowers, cactus and ponds throughout and are worth the walk. We ate at the restaurant within the hotel, the meal was amazing. A little high priced but the quality was there.
I booked a room that was to have a sitting area with a mountain view. We arrived there later in the day so really didn't have an opportunity to enjoy the patio but from what I saw it was small and didn't provide the best scenery as described on the website.
The hotel is pricey but is worth a stay for at least one night. Its worth coming earlier in the day so you can enjoy lunch at the restaurant overlooking the golf course. The scenery is amazing from the front of the hotel looking out onto the golf course.
Watch for the bats at night they are huge and fly all around the pool area.

Room Tip: I would still pick the mountain view room as the rooms at the front would be too far away from the g...