“Board Meeting at Loews” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Roswell, New Mexico
“Board Meeting at Loews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Our stay could not have been more pleasant! We have never encountered a more efficient and friendly staff! EVERY employee was over the top helpful and courteous. Every aspect of the hotel is clean and up to date. Free WiFi anywhere in the facility was a plus! Excellent food at the Flying V, especially the table side guacamole. Highly recommend this resort!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Wow, thank you for your excellent TripAdvisor review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while attending a recent board meeting at Loews Ventana Canyon and that our Team Members were able to make such a memorable impact on your stay! I appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words on TripAdvisor and hope to welcome you back to visit us again very soon!

Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Loew's Ventana Canyon staff did an amazing job hosting our group. Every detail was perfect, from in-room amenities to delicious appetizers in the breath-taking Ventana Room, and a banquet that dazzled.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your kind words and for reviewing your recent stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon! I am delighted to hear that you had such a refreshing getaway at our beautiful desert resort and I look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I will continue to stay at Ventana on my trips as they do not ever fail to provide a great experience. They have great facilities and rooms, packages and always find a way to say yes.

The fine hotels packages are the deal!

You should always consider this hotel in Tucson.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Wow – thank you for your wonderful comments! I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I thank you for continuing to be our loyal guest. I hope to see you again very soon,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Decided very last minute to stay at this resort for one night in June. Off season rates were very affordable and the location seemed quiet and set away for a relaxing night. The room was fine, grounds were nice but not the level of service as I would expect. We were walk-ins and for the first time in my life I was turned away by the front desk agent saying I had to call or book my reservation online. It was 8 or 9 pm when we arrived and were the only ones in the lobby. I have never seen a hotel where the front desk agents are unable to make a walk-in reservation. So I had to sit down on the couch right next to the front desk, I tried calling and did not get through so had to go online on my phone and book a reservation while she stood there and waited. My husband was dealing with the car and valet and came in shocked when I explained what was going on. If you are apathetic to wanting business we will certainly go elsewhere.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Looking from the outside of the hotel it doesn't look that great but it is amazing once you enter the lobby. The hotel inside is beautiful starting from the lobby to the hotel rooms. Very upscale rooms all well appointed. The grounds in the back had a gorgeous outdoor pool and trails that go all around the back of the hotel. The trails have really nice flowers, cactus and ponds throughout and are worth the walk. We ate at the restaurant within the hotel, the meal was amazing. A little high priced but the quality was there.
I booked a room that was to have a sitting area with a mountain view. We arrived there later in the day so really didn't have an opportunity to enjoy the patio but from what I saw it was small and didn't provide the best scenery as described on the website.
The hotel is pricey but is worth a stay for at least one night. Its worth coming earlier in the day so you can enjoy lunch at the restaurant overlooking the golf course. The scenery is amazing from the front of the hotel looking out onto the golf course.
Watch for the bats at night they are huge and fly all around the pool area.

Room Tip: I would still pick the mountain view room as the rooms at the front would be too far away from the g...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the grounds, and dining at the Flying V Bar & Grill. The views from the patio are truly outstanding, and it is wonderful that you were able to relax while taking in the scenery. I hope you will be back very soon to experience Loews Ventana Canyon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stayed mid-week off-season and got a great value for the stay. Staff was super friendly. Landscape and hotel grounds was breath taking. Largest bathroom tub I ever saw - could literally fit our entire family of four. Bathroom also had own TV. Room with balcony and very spacious.
Chef at breakfast went out of way to give me my favorite fruit - went out and picked fresh prickly pear on property serve me.
Interior room decor is still very high end but slightly dated none-the-less,

Room Tip: We paid fraction of the price being it was last minute on a Wed and off-season. During high season...
Green Features: One of the MOST environmentally conscience hotel built and had signs explaining all their practices to preserve the land.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
I can’t thank you enough for your excellent review, and I’m thrilled to hear that our team went above and beyond to make your stay memorable. Our chefs are very passionate about fresh ingredients, and strive to give our guests the very best local experience! Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments so that I can recognize our teams for a job well done. I hope to welcome you back to Loews Ventana Canyon very soon!

Montreal, Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I had a great time at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort! The location is really beautiful!
I want to thank one of the staff, Laney Ziegler, for going above and beyond to help me out make me feel at home here, you are awesome :)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your comments, and for recognizing Laney for her outstanding service! I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay, and I hope to welcome you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again soon.