“What a nice place!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rome, Italy
“What a nice place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I am usually a budget traveler, on the lookout for bargains in good places, this was one of those! The surroundings are beautiful. The building itself blends seamlessly with the landscape. The communal spaces are large, airy and quiet. The staff was efficient, friendly and helpful. This hotel offers a little bit of luxury, if you manage to get a deal.

The room was large, well designed, enormous bed, balcony overlooking the golf course, large bathroom with the largest bath I have ever seen in an hotel, that wasn't a fancy suite...you could party in it quite easily! The aircon was quiet, as was the entire establishment.

I liked the pool area, clean and spacious, surrounded by the mountains and cacti. There were towels on hand as well as goggles, sun cream, drinks and various balls etc to keep the children amused in the water. There was always an attendant present ready to help.

My roadtrip budget did not quite allow me to dine in the hotel so unfortunately no comments on the food.

The hotel is a little way out from downtown, but don't be put off, the road system is excellent and it is easy to get out of town to places like the Biosphere II or Pima easily.

I don't often say this but, I would definitely think of going back here again.

Room Tip: Although people like to look over the mountain, I thought the view over the golf course (car park in...
Green Features: They had the usual system of not changing towels/bed linen everyday to save water/energy. I didn't notice other systems, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you so much for your fantastic TripAvisor review and for choosing to stay with us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon! I am truly honored to have received such a wonderful five-star review from a Top TripAdvisor Contributor as yourself and am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! Your comments are much appreciated and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to join us again soon to experience the many excellent dining opportunities at Loews Ventana Canyon!

Derek H McCann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I spent a long staycation weekend here through the 3rd night free promotion. When we checked in we were given the choice of a city or mountain view room. I had mentioned that it was our 45 anniversary but the was no recognition from the hotel..a little disappointing. We chose the mountain waterfall view on the 4th floor. Height is key here-if you're on a lower floor you might have a cactus/tree view..not that there's anything wrong with that. All the rooms are essentially the same, the only difference being orientation..some beds are situated on an angle. The rooms are somewhat dated..that furniture has to go.. but are immaculately maintained. We were perfectly content for the weekend with the room and the view. We got to watch a thunderstorm come in over the mountains...amazing! One evening we fed the koi, not in the back of the hotel but across the street, by the golf course. The water is lit up at night and you can see all the colors of the the fish that have been there since the hotel opened. The hotel has a $25.00 "resort fee" that you also pay tax on, but we got free wi-fi and a daily paper. We would stay here again, but only when there are promotions available. (Have to save up for those $8.00 bottles of water in the rooms!)-

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for choosing to celebrate your 45th anniversary with us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon! I sincerely apologize for the lack of recognition you received while joining us to celebrate such a special occasion and I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to visit us again! I appreciate you taking a few moments of your time to share your comments with us on TripAdvisor and I am very glad to hear you such a relaxing weekend staycation. Thank you again and Happy Anniversary from all of us at Loews Ventana Canyon!

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Birthday weekend for my husband and decided to bring along our 2 year old daughter. We had so much fun at the pool, feeding the Koi fish, and dining at Flying V. My husband, an avid golfer LOVED the course and over all we had an amazing weekend. We will be back !

Room Tip: We had a view of the pool and the mountains. Much recommended.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful TripAdvisor review! I am so pleased to hear what a fantastic stay you had with us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon to celebrate your husband’s birthday! It sounds like you were able to relax and enjoy all the resort has to offer with your family during your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again very soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

What an amazing weekend. I booked our stay for Friday, July 25 through July 27 with a promise to our 19 year old daughter to come back and get her on Saturday to spend the night as well. She is special needs, and partially paralyzed on the left side. She was truly amazed with all she saw. She LOVED our balcony view and was truly amazed the city lights at night, and to see the falls from our door entrance (4244) amazed her even more. I think what she enjoyed the most was the Tranquility Pool....she is very sensitive to loud noises and water on her face & to be able to get in and not have kids splash around her was truly the best. Your staff was MORE than accommodating to our every needs (including bringing us the roll away bed literally within three minutes of asking for it!) and was more than friendly when I came to register us. Also, may I add it was truly amazing to watch Rachel climb those steps so she could see the falls closer and she loved every inch of the creek that came down (and feeding the Koy fish!) .. Husband enjoyed very much his round of golf Saturday morning as well. .thank you again for a beautiful weekend (and we only live 10 minutes away!).

Sonya, Dan and Rachel Brinton

Room Tip: You cannot pick a bad room
Green Features: AMAZING STAFF (and yes I meant to capitalize the entire word!)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your incredible TripAdvisor review and for choosing to stay with us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon! I am thrilled to hear what a wonderful time you had with your family and that you were able to relax and create such wonderful memories with your daughter! I very much appreciate you taking a few moments to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor and look forward to welcoming you and your family back to visit us again soon!

New Albany, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Recently I checked into the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort while visiting with my dad on Father's Day. The property is situated in a gorgeous setting in Ventana Canyon. The entire resort is so beautiful and well maintained. My room was unbelievably comfortable and quiet and the service throughout the resort was superb.

The food in all three restaurants was just great and I love the two pools and the spa! My stay was extended a number of times and so in total I was there for two weeks. During that length of stay it is unusual to never once encounter any sort of disappointments. I relied very heavily on the gift shops since I kept extending my stay and even they were amazing!

The only possible thing I could say that was less than perfect is in regard to cell phone signal in the room I was in. I was staying in a room close to a canyon wall and towards the back of the resort. It made sense that in that area my phone could drop a call but to be honest I loved that aspect of the place too. I have never been more comfortable in a hotel room in my life.

Room Tip: If your preference is to have an amazing view ask for a room towards the front of the resort that lo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful TripAdvisor review of Loews Ventana Canyon! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your extended stay with us recently and that our Team Members were able to make you as comfortable as possible! Your comments are very important to me and I thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience on TripAdvisor. Thank you for choosing Loews Ventana Canyon and we look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

July 14, 2014

Derek McCann
Loews Ventana Resort
7000 N. Resort Drive
Tucson, AZ 85750

RE: Lowes Ventana Staff

Hello Mr. McCann,

It is our pleasure to write you and let you know that your selection of employees in key positions did not go unnoticed by Andrew and I.
We needed an in town getaway from the construction project at our residence in the foothills of Tucson.

Andrew had called ahead and had a pre visit to set up some rose deliveries and placements coordinated by Victoria at the Concierge desk. He also had requested a room with a city view and was shown 4 rooms and was told one of them would be ours.

When we checked in there was some mix up with the room but Tate at the Front Desk along with Donald Robinson the Assistant Manager gave us an upgrade that was totally unexpected and greatly appreciated.

-2-

Each and every rose was delivered on time and exactly how Andrew had asked Victoria to do. William and Matt our pool side servers as well as Kim the Florist and Rock Saul the host at the Flying V restaurant all participated in the on time delivery of the 5 roses.
Victoria also made sure there was champagne and a rose waiting for Peggi in our room when we arrived.

None of this would have been possible without Gail Seawright’s help to set this all up for us in advance.

So, we want to say Thank You to everyone involved in our visit.
We had a truly romantic and memorable weekend.

We also want to mention Xhelianna and Setu from the Canyon Restaurant who were also very helpful to us during our stay.

We will see you again in August.

Peggi and Andrew

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor and above have fabulous city views on the South side. Rooms on the 3rd floor...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I cannot thank you enough for sharing your incredible experience with us at Loews Ventana Canyon! We’re honored to have assisted in creating such a special memory and I am so pleased to hear that it resulted in a truly romantic and memorable weekend for you! I thank you for taking a few moments to post your comments on TripAdvisor and will happily share your kind words with not only our entire team, but with Victoria, Tate, Donald, William, Matt, Kim, Rock, Gail, Xhelianna and Sitou personally for their contributions towards making your stay so memorable! Again, thank you so very much for sharing your story on TripAdvisor and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again soon at Loews Ventana Canyon!

Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Servioce all the way across the board were outstanding, TV programming for shut ins terrible, don't even carry the State of Arizonas baseball teams games, ie the Diamondbacks, menus were less thaan exciting, /Walk from hotel to golf course for breathing impared, to far to walk carrying your golf bag

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for choosing to stay with us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again soon!

Derek H McCann

Been to Loews Ventana Canyon? Share your experiences!