“Great 4th of July weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tucson
“Great 4th of July weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We have now made Ventana Canyon a yearly family event on the 4th of July. The location is wonderful and the events that are planned are fabulous. This year our trip was made extra special due to outstanding service provided by Oscar. He truly made our stay more pleasant by his smile, politeness and genuine concern for us. He attempted to assist us in any way whenever we had questions.

• Stayed July 2014
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! I am so happy to hear that joining us for our annual 4th of July festivities has become a favorite family event and that Oscar was able to make your recent visit even more memorable! Your comments are very much appreciated and I will personally share your kind words with Oscar and his supervisor so that he may be recognized for the outstanding service he provided you with. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Loews Ventana Canyon again very soon!

Derek H McCann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The staff at this resort is welcoming, polite and determined to be of service to you. They are positive and helpful, and make your stay more than you could ask for. The shower/tub is amazing and easy to access, the towels are both full and soft. The room stayed clean for the five days I was there. The attention toward children and their needs was wonderful ( I did not have any with me, but was impressed).

Wait staff at restaurants was amazing, and smiled and remembered you as you were in other parts of the facility. Plan on going back!

Room Tip: Many views - pool, waterfall, mountains - no really poor views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon and found our Team Members to be welcoming, polite, and very helpful! Your comments are much appreciated and I thank you for taking a few moments to share them with us on TripAdvisor! It sounds like you had an amazing time and I sincerely hope to welcome you back to stay with us again soon at Loews Ventana Canyon!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Impeccable, warm, and helpful service. Extremely clean. Wonderful pool, grounds. Unique atmosphere. Truly a great 4 days. I know this review sounds over the top, but it was truly a great experience. I highly recommend this resort to anyone considering staying there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for spending four wonderful days with us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon! It sounds like you had a great stay and I am very pleased to hear that you found the service from our Team Members to be impeccable, warm, and helpful! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again soon!

phoenix, az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

wife and i did a quick 2 day getaway (from phoenix), and being it is summer in the desert and we are just up the road in phoenix, i really didn't expect to be too impressed. i was WRONG. great property in beautiful setting. much nature on and just off the property including a waterfall behind the property coming down the canyon wall. plenty of desert flora, birds, lizards and even bats harmlessly fluttering about. this is a higher end resort, so be prepared to pay for the extras like an $8.00 bottle of water in the room which is about a buck at walmart and about a 50 dollar bill for two for breakfast (it was tasty though). restaurants on property with plenty of eating options not to far away, but you may never want to leave the pool area!

Room Tip: we asked for a quite room on the upper floor and ended up with quite a walk from the main lobby. bu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about Loews Ventana Canyon on TripAdvisor! I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay, and were able to experience our beautiful desert surroundings. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Ventana Canyon the next time you are in Tucson!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I go to a lot of resort destinations, my wife would describe me as a travel snob... This resort has staff that are truly amazing at customer care, not just service as each of them seem to go out of their way to make you feel like you are their only guest and that they truly care about you and your stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! Our goal is to provide the best service possible to each of our valued hotel guests, and I am thrilled to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations. I will certainly share your kind words with the team, and we look forward to your next visit to Loews Ventana Canyon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We visited on a holiday weekend, a large group of us flying in from the East coast. We were given a wonderful room facing the pool and mountain side where we could just make out the waterfall. Our room was spacious and featured a beautiful shower and huge tub! Such a spacious shower deserves at least two shower heads, don't you think? Lots of plush towels were provided and sheets were soft. Sometimes even at luxury resorts, I find the sheets to be scratchy but these were very nice. Housekeeping and the front desk were very courteous and attentive, even in the early hours. They also brought up a mini fridge at my request.

My family and I enjoyed the beautiful grounds, taking several early morning walks around the paved trails and enjoying all of the singing birds flying around. So many hummingbirds! If you're a wildlife lover, you'll be pleased at this family-friendly resort. Everywhere we turned we saw various birds, lizards, butterflies and well fed koi. During the weekend, there were weddings and bands playing at the hotel which we could hear very loudly through our hotel room. We could also hear kids screaming from the pool. Serves us right for staying during a holiday? Next time you plan to stay during a weekend, you are better off calling the hotel to make sure there aren't too many weddings and reunions going on. The week days and nights were much more pleasant and peaceful. A little tip: there is a hiking trail head you can access on the left side parking lot (as you face the hotel).

One more note - we dined at the Canyon Cafe which should be a separate review. It was hit or miss on the dishes. Breakfast was delicious but lunchtime tacos were bland.

Room Tip: Mountain view, away from ballroom/conference rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Loews Ventana Canyon on TripAdvisor! I’m glad to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy the grounds, and the natural beauty of the desert. We strive to create a relaxing environment for each of our guests and I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. Your feedback is truly appreciated, and I hope you will be back to enjoy Loews Ventana Canyon on your next trip.

Lisle, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have never considered staying anywhere but at Miraval when in Tucson. However, after my last stay at Miraval in 2011, they told me I was no longer welcome there because I had written a 3 star review. Miraval suggested that I seek another destination resort. Best advice they ever gave me! LOVED Loews Ventana Canyon Resort so much more ( if it's okay to say that) Here is why I loved it so much more than M...... The spa at Loews is excellent. One of the best massages I ever had (ask for Omar). So good I booked another one for the next day and made sure my friend booked one with him too. You get a bottle of Fiji water after your massage. They really pay attention to every detail. I have stayed at many spa resorts and at best they give you a cup of water. The grounds at Loews are beautiful and there are so many more exquisite hiking trails there not to mention you are a stone's throw away from Sabino Canyon. The staff is very attentive and genuinely friendly. Nothing pretentious about this place. My view of the mountain and waterfall was spectacular. A little ground squirrel came to visit with me in the morning! It was the 4th of July and Loew's really put on a great show! We had our own fire works, cotton candy, snowcones, popcorn, the works! I am sure all this was for the kids, but the grown-ups got in on the action too! If you don't want kids around, no worries, there is a serenity pool for 18 and over right behind the spa. Loew's thinks of everything! I spent half of what I would have at Miraval and got so much more for the money. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask if could have a view of the waterfall!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful TripAdvisor review! I am very pleased to hear that you had such a memorable stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon and were able to enjoy many of the excellent amenities offered over the holiday weekend! I very much appreciate you taking the time to share your comments from your recent trip with us on TripAdvisor and will personally share your kind words with Omar and his supervisor at the Lakeside Spa! Again, thank you very much and I look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again soon!

Derek H McCann

Been to Loews Ventana Canyon? Share your experiences!