“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pasadena, California
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The staff at this resort is welcoming, polite and determined to be of service to you. They are positive and helpful, and make your stay more than you could ask for. The shower/tub is amazing and easy to access, the towels are both full and soft. The room stayed clean for the five days I was there. The attention toward children and their needs was wonderful ( I did not have any with me, but was impressed).

Wait staff at restaurants was amazing, and smiled and remembered you as you were in other parts of the facility. Plan on going back!

Room Tip: Many views - pool, waterfall, mountains - no really poor views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon and found our Team Members to be welcoming, polite, and very helpful! Your comments are much appreciated and I thank you for taking a few moments to share them with us on TripAdvisor! It sounds like you had an amazing time and I sincerely hope to welcome you back to stay with us again soon at Loews Ventana Canyon!

Derek H McCann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Impeccable, warm, and helpful service. Extremely clean. Wonderful pool, grounds. Unique atmosphere. Truly a great 4 days. I know this review sounds over the top, but it was truly a great experience. I highly recommend this resort to anyone considering staying there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for spending four wonderful days with us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon! It sounds like you had a great stay and I am very pleased to hear that you found the service from our Team Members to be impeccable, warm, and helpful! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again soon!

phoenix, az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

wife and i did a quick 2 day getaway (from phoenix), and being it is summer in the desert and we are just up the road in phoenix, i really didn't expect to be too impressed. i was WRONG. great property in beautiful setting. much nature on and just off the property including a waterfall behind the property coming down the canyon wall. plenty of desert flora, birds, lizards and even bats harmlessly fluttering about. this is a higher end resort, so be prepared to pay for the extras like an $8.00 bottle of water in the room which is about a buck at walmart and about a 50 dollar bill for two for breakfast (it was tasty though). restaurants on property with plenty of eating options not to far away, but you may never want to leave the pool area!

Room Tip: we asked for a quite room on the upper floor and ended up with quite a walk from the main lobby. bu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about Loews Ventana Canyon on TripAdvisor! I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay, and were able to experience our beautiful desert surroundings. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Ventana Canyon the next time you are in Tucson!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I go to a lot of resort destinations, my wife would describe me as a travel snob... This resort has staff that are truly amazing at customer care, not just service as each of them seem to go out of their way to make you feel like you are their only guest and that they truly care about you and your stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! Our goal is to provide the best service possible to each of our valued hotel guests, and I am thrilled to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations. I will certainly share your kind words with the team, and we look forward to your next visit to Loews Ventana Canyon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We visited on a holiday weekend, a large group of us flying in from the East coast. We were given a wonderful room facing the pool and mountain side where we could just make out the waterfall. Our room was spacious and featured a beautiful shower and huge tub! Such a spacious shower deserves at least two shower heads, don't you think? Lots of plush towels were provided and sheets were soft. Sometimes even at luxury resorts, I find the sheets to be scratchy but these were very nice. Housekeeping and the front desk were very courteous and attentive, even in the early hours. They also brought up a mini fridge at my request.

My family and I enjoyed the beautiful grounds, taking several early morning walks around the paved trails and enjoying all of the singing birds flying around. So many hummingbirds! If you're a wildlife lover, you'll be pleased at this family-friendly resort. Everywhere we turned we saw various birds, lizards, butterflies and well fed koi. During the weekend, there were weddings and bands playing at the hotel which we could hear very loudly through our hotel room. We could also hear kids screaming from the pool. Serves us right for staying during a holiday? Next time you plan to stay during a weekend, you are better off calling the hotel to make sure there aren't too many weddings and reunions going on. The week days and nights were much more pleasant and peaceful. A little tip: there is a hiking trail head you can access on the left side parking lot (as you face the hotel).

One more note - we dined at the Canyon Cafe which should be a separate review. It was hit or miss on the dishes. Breakfast was delicious but lunchtime tacos were bland.

Room Tip: Mountain view, away from ballroom/conference rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Loews Ventana Canyon on TripAdvisor! I’m glad to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy the grounds, and the natural beauty of the desert. We strive to create a relaxing environment for each of our guests and I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. Your feedback is truly appreciated, and I hope you will be back to enjoy Loews Ventana Canyon on your next trip.

Lisle, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have never considered staying anywhere but at Miraval when in Tucson. However, after my last stay at Miraval in 2011, they told me I was no longer welcome there because I had written a 3 star review. Miraval suggested that I seek another destination resort. Best advice they ever gave me! LOVED Loews Ventana Canyon Resort so much more ( if it's okay to say that) Here is why I loved it so much more than M...... The spa at Loews is excellent. One of the best massages I ever had (ask for Omar). So good I booked another one for the next day and made sure my friend booked one with him too. You get a bottle of Fiji water after your massage. They really pay attention to every detail. I have stayed at many spa resorts and at best they give you a cup of water. The grounds at Loews are beautiful and there are so many more exquisite hiking trails there not to mention you are a stone's throw away from Sabino Canyon. The staff is very attentive and genuinely friendly. Nothing pretentious about this place. My view of the mountain and waterfall was spectacular. A little ground squirrel came to visit with me in the morning! It was the 4th of July and Loew's really put on a great show! We had our own fire works, cotton candy, snowcones, popcorn, the works! I am sure all this was for the kids, but the grown-ups got in on the action too! If you don't want kids around, no worries, there is a serenity pool for 18 and over right behind the spa. Loew's thinks of everything! I spent half of what I would have at Miraval and got so much more for the money. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask if could have a view of the waterfall!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful TripAdvisor review! I am very pleased to hear that you had such a memorable stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon and were able to enjoy many of the excellent amenities offered over the holiday weekend! I very much appreciate you taking the time to share your comments from your recent trip with us on TripAdvisor and will personally share your kind words with Omar and his supervisor at the Lakeside Spa! Again, thank you very much and I look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again soon!

NEW YORK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

First---a review should be a help to all who read it. It should have praise where it is called for and critical opinions so that the hotel can fix issues and attitudes--and if a customer continues to see the same trend---then the hotel is not trying to improve--and thus the customer should avoid that place.....so---I must begin with--- THIS IS A GREAT PLACE---- However--- ( often a 'however' is necessary ) I am in the Army. I give motivational retreats and recruiting events all over the country. I mention this in that I have stayed in several hundred hotels in the last 8 years. This is a high quality hotel with high standards. They work hard to up hold these standards. If the come across a problem they rush to fix it. But--I must mention that this second trip lacked the same wow effect that my first time produced....this could certainly be because it was my second trip--but--in all honesty---some of the staff was some place between burnt out and just tired. I am a war veteran-- My chest is in my neck and I have a hard time swallowing food.... it could take me over an hour to eat a hamburger. I asked Dave ( a server attending our group ) if I could have a burger to go...he had it covered right down to the smallest detail. Next morning I asked at breakfast for some pancakes--- my server brought out three small silver dollar pancakes that weren't hot and had nothing with them---like butter and syrup. I mention this because on my previous stay I had received a large stack of real pancakes -- presented like any place would present pancakes. Is this difference in service a life and death issue? no not even close. it's a small thing---but this place prides itself on taking care of the smallest details--- this ain't Motel 6---you pay real money to stay here.
I came back to my room one night and I was certain that someone had been in my room. Nothing was missing--but my things had been rearranged. I called security. They never came to my room. But they did call me back an hour later and say that it was " turn down service"... but my bed had not been turned down---there wasn't even a mint---so--who had been in my room---the security staff felt that with that phone call they could feel they had covered that base---that issue was bigger that my pancake story.
IN GENERAL--THIS IS A GREAT PLACE -- In truth--there are several great places in this area.
also--if you want to play golf--try the Tucson Municipal Golf complex--- Randolf. It's about 25 minutes away. In years past the PGA had tournaments there. It easily rivals in level of play and in terms of conditions the course at Lowes---the difference? Tucson Municipal Golf has no wait and only costs 35. dollars---it's well worth the trip.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great ---if you can get a room facing the golf course--the view is better and it...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and please accept my sincerest apologies that we were unable to meet your expectations during your most recent stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon. I appreciate you taking a few moments to share your experience and for providing us with this valuable feedback so we may promptly correct the issues mentioned. We pride ourselves on providing the highest levels of customer service to all of our guests and apologize that we fell short of the standards we hold ourselves to. Thank you for your comments and I sincerely hope to welcome you back to Loews Ventana Canyon again the next time you are in Tucson!

Derek H McCann

Been to Loews Ventana Canyon? Share your experiences!