“Great Oasis in the Senora Desert” 5 of 5 stars

Free Beverages!
Ranked #4 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Great Oasis in the Senora Desert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Only stayed one night at this facility. It was a surprise how nice the rooms and surroundings were. The room was modern, clean and spacious. The bath tub was large enough for 4 very large people to bath. I have seen smaller hot tubs. The pool area and lobby were very extensively decorated with stone and seasonal themes. The paved pathways above the hotel were paved and much of the flora and fauna are illustrated on placards place along the walkways. No breakfast included but down the road is a Whole Foods that serves a great breakfast with a nice outdoor eating area. Also close to Sabino National Recreation Area which makes for a great hike or run at sunrise.

Room Tip: Many good rooms in the hills above the main building.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
Mentor, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This resort is beautiful, and in a great location. My husband and I were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary while on our first trip to Tucson. There is lots to explore close by (the concierge, Pam, offered great suggestions based on our likes and dislikes), or plenty of relaxation options available at one of two pools or at the spa. The service was overall, hands-down, the best we have received in recent memory -- from the front desk, to the servers, to the gift shop staff! We enjoyed the food at the Flying V and Canyon Cafe and appreciated being greeted by name. Our servers were quick to offer dining suggestions, and were very focused on making sure we had a pleasant dining experience. We enjoyed coffee on our balcony each morning, as the view was beautiful and peaceful. We look forward to returning to this resort, as well as using other Loews resorts for future travel.

Room Tip: Talk directly with the staff. They will steer you in the right direction!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cazenovia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

great hotel, rooms clean, staff friendly, but it is a huge hotel and lots of walking
overall a great resort. 2 great golf courses. conference area was ample for over
250 attendees. meals were served for all attendees efficiently and were pretty good
tasting. The bar was open and enjoyable, but on the expensive side.

Room Tip: was upgraded to suite, so didn't see their standard rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MarketingSlsGuy, Director of Sales at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank your recent stay at Loews Ventana Canyon for the IES ALC Fall Conference and for your review on Trip Advisor. We try to create an experience for conference attendees and leisure guests alike. Again, thank you for taking time to write the review (from the perspective of a conference attendee). Please come back and see us if ever your travels bring you to Tucson.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel is in a beautiful location, the rooms are private, quiet and clean. I stay here regularly when I am in Tucson on business. The staff is always so courteous and professional. They refer to me by name and the service is unmatched. I really enjoy using the fitness center, the restaurants and the food are exceptional. I would highly recommend this hotel and commend them on setting themselves well above the standard in their industry in taking care of their guests.

Room Tip: I always book online and it's very simple. Sometimes they run great promotions here too.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your loyal patronage and for the nice comments on Trip Advisor. We very much appreciate your business and hope you keep coming back, to Loews Ventana Canyon. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance here in Tucson.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

This must have been a great resort once upon a time but clearly needs an serious overhaul. The setting and views are outstanding and the road and entrance were gorgeous and inviting but it was all downhill from there. The refrigerator in the room ended up being a weird "cooler" with a key that looks like it was purchased at a used mini-bar sale (it even had a random typed note in it saying it wasn't cold enough to safely store dairy products). The "early american" style dresser/tv cabinet simply did not fit in and all the furniture in general screamed yard sale. The views were breathtaking and the staff really tried and were sincerely accommodating but they could only do what they could with what they had.
I'm a fan of Trip Advisor and made my reservation based on the reviews but the ratings for this Lowes were either fabricated or written in 1984. Biggest disappointment I've encountered in a long time. We were booked in for a week and checked out early. Total bummer.

Stayed October 2013
We very much appreciate you recently visiting Loews Ventana Canyon. We strive to provide an outstanding customer experience for our guests and never "fabricate" a review. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. I am sharing your comments with senior management. Please give us another try if your travels again bring you back to the Tucson area.
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I recently registered for a conference that is to be scheduled in November at this hotel, i consequently called the hotel about availability and i called before the date when the allocated rooms for conference attendees would be made available to the general public. I contacted the hotel and the hotel told me that the rooms were unavailable and directed me to a hotel employee
who would wait list people and inform attendees when rooms were available. I kept calling and i was told rooms would open up i there fore waited to see if this would happen. The hotel employee
never bothered to call me ,by waiting i lost out on other properties that were close by and i may have to settle less favorable sites. I am certainly going to make this an issue with the conference organizers. I THINK THIS WHOLE PROCESS IS ABOUT MONEY OBVIOUSLY WHY
GIVE IT TO CONFERENCE AT A BARGAIN RATE WHEN YOU CAN RAKE IN MONEY FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry for your experience over sold out dates. Believe me; we would have loved to have you stay at Loews Ventana Canyon. Conference attendees are every bit as important to us as the 'general public'. The issue over these dates was simply a matter of the hotel being under departed during your preferred dates. I have shared your comments with senior management.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort. We live about 8 miles from the resort and have stayed there twice but visit many times for meals and to entertain our guests. I had to reserve our standard room from a lobby phone, but then advised Wes Summer at the check-in desk of my hopes to arrange a special weekend for my wife. She is employed full time as Manager of Adult Probations Sex Offender program (the days leading up to Halloween are exceedingly busy for her and her staff of 12) and is a full time graduate student. In short order, he reserved a suite, arranged for comped champagne and chocolate strawberries, in a quiet area, and enabled us to arrive as early Saturday morning as we desired, and to leave at up to 4 o'clock Sunday afternoon. We also set up a therapeutic massage for a convenient time on Saturday afternoon. We had dinner in the Flying V, and the Hostess and our Waiter, Nick, assisted greatly in helping me surprise my wife with two gifts. We were impressed to be greeted by name in many places. Much of the rest of the time we spent relaxing by the pool where we had lunch both days. We were very impressed by our waitress, Kathleen, who even remembered our drink preferences. Her suggestions for lunch turned out to be hits. Since we live in Tucson, we appreciate having such a great place, so convenient, where we can literally get away form it all. Among the best aspects is the fact that we had only a 15 minute drive to get home after our stay. In a resort acclaimed for its efforts to blend into the environment, so wonderfully kept, it is nice to know that its setting and design is second only to the efforts of its staff.

Room Tip: Wes reserved a suite (Rm 4235) on the fourth floor at the end of the east wing. That put us as far...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Loews Ventana Canyon? Share your experiences!