“Desperate need of updating!” 1 of 5 stars

Eat, Drink. Our Treat!
Ranked #5 of 127 hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Desperate need of updating!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

This must have been a great resort once upon a time but clearly needs an serious overhaul. The setting and views are outstanding and the road and entrance were gorgeous and inviting but it was all downhill from there. The refrigerator in the room ended up being a weird "cooler" with a key that looks like it was purchased at a used mini-bar sale (it even had a random typed note in it saying it wasn't cold enough to safely store dairy products). The "early american" style dresser/tv cabinet simply did not fit in and all the furniture in general screamed yard sale. The views were breathtaking and the staff really tried and were sincerely accommodating but they could only do what they could with what they had.
I'm a fan of Trip Advisor and made my reservation based on the reviews but the ratings for this Lowes were either fabricated or written in 1984. Biggest disappointment I've encountered in a long time. We were booked in for a week and checked out early. Total bummer.

Stayed October 2013
MarketingSlsGuy, Director of Sales at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
We very much appreciate you recently visiting Loews Ventana Canyon. We strive to provide an outstanding customer experience for our guests and never "fabricate" a review. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. I am sharing your comments with senior management. Please give us another try if your travels again bring you back to the Tucson area.
Mark Lindsey

1,260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I recently registered for a conference that is to be scheduled in November at this hotel, i consequently called the hotel about availability and i called before the date when the allocated rooms for conference attendees would be made available to the general public. I contacted the hotel and the hotel told me that the rooms were unavailable and directed me to a hotel employee
who would wait list people and inform attendees when rooms were available. I kept calling and i was told rooms would open up i there fore waited to see if this would happen. The hotel employee
never bothered to call me ,by waiting i lost out on other properties that were close by and i may have to settle less favorable sites. I am certainly going to make this an issue with the conference organizers. I THINK THIS WHOLE PROCESS IS ABOUT MONEY OBVIOUSLY WHY
GIVE IT TO CONFERENCE AT A BARGAIN RATE WHEN YOU CAN RAKE IN MONEY FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry for your experience over sold out dates. Believe me; we would have loved to have you stay at Loews Ventana Canyon. Conference attendees are every bit as important to us as the 'general public'. The issue over these dates was simply a matter of the hotel being under departed during your preferred dates. I have shared your comments with senior management.
Mark Lindsey
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort. We live about 8 miles from the resort and have stayed there twice but visit many times for meals and to entertain our guests. I had to reserve our standard room from a lobby phone, but then advised Wes Summer at the check-in desk of my hopes to arrange a special weekend for my wife. She is employed full time as Manager of Adult Probations Sex Offender program (the days leading up to Halloween are exceedingly busy for her and her staff of 12) and is a full time graduate student. In short order, he reserved a suite, arranged for comped champagne and chocolate strawberries, in a quiet area, and enabled us to arrive as early Saturday morning as we desired, and to leave at up to 4 o'clock Sunday afternoon. We also set up a therapeutic massage for a convenient time on Saturday afternoon. We had dinner in the Flying V, and the Hostess and our Waiter, Nick, assisted greatly in helping me surprise my wife with two gifts. We were impressed to be greeted by name in many places. Much of the rest of the time we spent relaxing by the pool where we had lunch both days. We were very impressed by our waitress, Kathleen, who even remembered our drink preferences. Her suggestions for lunch turned out to be hits. Since we live in Tucson, we appreciate having such a great place, so convenient, where we can literally get away form it all. Among the best aspects is the fact that we had only a 15 minute drive to get home after our stay. In a resort acclaimed for its efforts to blend into the environment, so wonderfully kept, it is nice to know that its setting and design is second only to the efforts of its staff.

Room Tip: Wes reserved a suite (Rm 4235) on the fourth floor at the end of the east wing. That put us as far...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Falmouth, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at Loews Ventana Canyon for two nights on business - my first time in Arizona. What a great place - stunning scenery, comfortable rooms and a standard of service that really stood out. The restaurant staff in particular made this a really memorable stay.

Room Tip: don't be afraid to let your imagination run wild at breakfast - they
Hilliard, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed at the resort for a conference last week. The facility was very nice and service was excellent. Olivia at the front desk was one of the best that I have dealt with during my travels. The food at the Flying V was excellent, would have liked the restaurant to have longer hours.

Englewood, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed at the Lowes and it was one of the top 3 experiences I've ever had. Friendly staff, great food, all around great time! Loved the huge tub in the bathroom, the butterfly garden, the walk to the waterfall, the ambience in the bar/lobby, and the fact that the hotel is pet-friendly. With all the dogs around, I was able to get my doggie fix since I had to leave my own at home. I will be back, but for a vacation next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevators, or you might find yourself in for a long walk.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have stayed here many time, and it is always the same great place. The food is great, we had room service and could not believe how good it was. Tell the desk what you want and they will try to give it to you..

Room Tip: Try to get on 4th floor and join the club before you go.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Loews Ventana Canyon? Share your experiences!