My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort. We live about 8 miles from the resort and have stayed there twice but visit many times for meals and to entertain our guests. I had to reserve our standard room from a lobby phone, but then advised Wes Summer at the check-in desk of my hopes to arrange a special weekend for my wife. She is employed full time as Manager of Adult Probations Sex Offender program (the days leading up to Halloween are exceedingly busy for her and her staff of 12) and is a full time graduate student. In short order, he reserved a suite, arranged for comped champagne and chocolate strawberries, in a quiet area, and enabled us to arrive as early Saturday morning as we desired, and to leave at up to 4 o'clock Sunday afternoon. We also set up a therapeutic massage for a convenient time on Saturday afternoon. We had dinner in the Flying V, and the Hostess and our Waiter, Nick, assisted greatly in helping me surprise my wife with two gifts. We were impressed to be greeted by name in many places. Much of the rest of the time we spent relaxing by the pool where we had lunch both days. We were very impressed by our waitress, Kathleen, who even remembered our drink preferences. Her suggestions for lunch turned out to be hits. Since we live in Tucson, we appreciate having such a great place, so convenient, where we can literally get away form it all. Among the best aspects is the fact that we had only a 15 minute drive to get home after our stay. In a resort acclaimed for its efforts to blend into the environment, so wonderfully kept, it is nice to know that its setting and design is second only to the efforts of its staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucson's spectacular 'Ventana' or 'Window' to the Soul of the Sonoran desert-is Loews Ventana Canyon. Discover a magical perspective high above Tucson's Catalina Mountains, where this stunning natural retreat offers a variety of activities, signature services and experiences to relax, energize and inspire guests. A playground of visitor delights includes: the luxurious Lakeside Spa & Tennis Center; Canyon hiking; professional stargazing; 2 Tom Fazio-designed PGA golf courses and lighted tennis courts; 2 swimming pools; a fitness center; nearby riding trails and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Orbitz, TravelClick, Priceline, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Loews Ventana Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Ventana Canyon Hotel Tucson
- Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
- Loews Tucson
- Tucson Loews