“thoughtfulness at every turn” 5 of 5 stars

Summer Like a Local
Ranked #4 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tucson
“thoughtfulness at every turn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is exceptionally well-run. It offers the very best of the desert's charms, and the property is beautiful. The furnishings and amenities were lovely. I never write hotel reviews, but I wanted to give this one a special commendation for being awesome!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MarketingSlsGuy, Director of Sales at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your thoughtfulness in being our guest and taking the time to write such a nice review on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back soon. We have great summer packages available.
Mark Lindsey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (547)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Gorgeous! My only regret is that my visit was so short that I was unable to take advantage everything the resort had to offer. The rooms are a little larger than average. The decor needs to be updated. Although that could just be personal preference...Southwest decor looks dated to me. (of course, the resort is located in the southwest, quite literally in the desert, so the decor fits. I just don't like it).
The view from the balcony was breathtaking. Believe it or not, there was a waterfall in the distance. A waterfall in the desert?? Yes. Granted, it was small, but beautiful nonetheless.
Room service was quick and delicious. It was pricey, (what room service isn't?), but the portions were large.
I'm not a fan of Arizona in general, but I'm really considering going back just to stay here again. Treat yourself, you won't regret it.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and for your recent stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to Loews Ventana Canyon, in Arizona no less. Please do come back when you can stay longer.
Mark Lindsey
Marana, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our local Safari Club Chapter has been holding our annual fundraiser at the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort for the last 7years and there is a reason we don't try anywhere else! Very, very knowledgeable and helpful staff starting from the Managing Director, Brian Johnson on down. We truly enjoy the entire weekend of relaxation around the pool with friends and family in between the busy times and really have no desire to look elsewhere for our fundraiser needs!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Our room, while nicely appointed, lacked the knockout views of our prior stay, facing a far away parking lot, and quite a hike from the front desk, fitness center and pool. Loews, you need to work on your signage too, as we got lost 3 times, finally relying on a bellman to escort us. Top notch pool and bar service made up for this inconvenience. The restaurant, one of the area's best, prepared a delicious meal too.

• Stayed April 2013
Florida Native
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I would like to add to other reviews that the food and drink at this Lounge is really very good. My husband and I enjoyed immensely, my favorite dessert, flourless chocolate cake, in a very comfortable candlelit lounge. I just love this cake and am delighted that I've found a venue in Tucson that serves it. The waitress that served us, Alisha, was pleasantly attentive and her suggestion to try the vanilla, cinnamon, hazelnut whipped cream topped decaf coffee, was an excellent one. My husband said his plain black decaf was very good too. This is a nice late night place for dessert and coffee. I know I will be back for more cake!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

A once top-notch resort hotel has been neglected and long, long over due for a remodeling. It's sad to see a property slide down-hill. My room during the last visit in May was "decorated" with pealing
paint above the bath tub and rusted tub stopper. Also, I requested an upgrade, but was assigned a
run-of-the-house room with the above noted problems. There was a charge for the "upgrade" which
I had reversed. This is not the sign of a four or five star hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bellingham, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Sadly, I am disappointed in this resort. Since age 16, I have always wanted to stay here. Don't get me wrong, the grounds are beautiful, but I'm not sure worth the cost it was to stay here. They charge a fee for everything. A fee for internet, a fee for parking, a fee for the use of the gym....and, they didn't even have a wine opener or cold fridge in the room. We also were stuck in the far east wing so we had a view of shrubbery and a long walk to our room from the parking lot.

A bonus was a short running trail within the golf course. I enjoyed that a lot, especially running in the morning. Also was a quick jaunt over to the canyon for hiking.

Room Tip: Make sure you include all the added fees in your budget!