We stayed at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort because my husband's business conference was there. The day we checked in, they told us that they did not have a room with a king bed even though we had requested one. So we had a room with two beds. They said they would have one available for the next evening if we would be interested in moving. We went out for dinner and came back to the room to a strong sewer smell. Luckily, the weather was nice so we had the doors open to remove the smell. The next morning, my husband called to report the smell. Maintenance checked it out and could not find anything. They offered us another room with the king bed so we took it.
If you like outdoor activities, there is a waterfall, a trail for walking and the resort is located near Sabino Canyon.
It's a drive from the city so if you want to do sight seeing, you should rent a car. They even have a Hertz office on-site.
There is an observation deck where you can look out over the city at night. We sat up there for a little while. The weather was great and it was beautiful. There are also benches around the water feature in front of the hotel. I sat out there one afternoon reading and watching the golfers.
The food at the first dinner was disappointing. The steak was overcooked and dry, I noticed quite a few people did not eat the meat. We decided to patronize local restaurants during our stay. The second meal that was provided to conference attendees was good but not anything spectacular.
Unfortunately, we did not take our laptop. The business center charges for use of the computers. However, you can print out boarding passes for no charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucson's spectacular 'Ventana' or 'Window' to the Soul of the Sonoran desert-is Loews Ventana Canyon. Discover a magical perspective high above Tucson's Catalina Mountains, where this stunning natural retreat offers a variety of activities, signature services and experiences to relax, energize and inspire guests. A playground of visitor delights includes: the luxurious Lakeside Spa & Tennis Center; Canyon hiking; professional stargazing; 2 Tom Fazio-designed PGA golf courses and lighted tennis courts; 2 swimming pools; a fitness center; nearby riding trails and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Loews Ventana Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Ventana Canyon Hotel Tucson
- Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
- Loews Tucson
- Tucson Loews