“Brunch at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Rates as low as $89!
Ranked #4 of 127 hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tucson, Arizona
“Brunch at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I have been going to Loews Ventana Canyon Resort for Sunday brunch for several years and it still ranks as one of the most memorable and excellent meals we've done. In fact, this past week, just two days after what was supposed to be the Mayan apocalypse, we decided that had the apocalypse happened and we had a choice for a "last meal" it would have been Loews brunch.
Their prices have increased, which will (slightly) limit the number of times we can go, but we still consider this one of the best values anywhere. Chef Kent Harvey does an outstanding job with all his courses, his staff is excellent, and he takes extra care to assure that guests are happy. We noticed him and a co-worker digging up plants off the patio, and when I inquired, we were promptly invited back into the kitchen and got a great lesson on lemon grass - which is what he had just harvested. From mimosas, to salads, to breakfast items to seafood to barbeque to beer to blues - this rates in my opinion as one of the best brunches ever - and reliably so!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MarkingGuy, Director of Sales at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments about our Brunch. I, for one, am glad that the world did not end, so you could write this wonderful review of our Blues Brews and Barbeque Brunch! Also, so glad you met chef Ken Harvey and got the kitchen tour. We look forward to hopefully seeing you in the new year!

1,222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Loews Ventana Canyon Resort is, without a doubt, the finest resort that I have ever had the pleasure to visit. Obviously, the management has formed a team of professional and courteous staff members that are attentive to every need. This superior service extends from top management to every employee. In addition, the grounds and rooms are immaculate!

I have attended business conventions and have made personal visits and each experience has been outstanding.

I highly recommend this as the "Best of the Best" !

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rich,
You are the "Best of the Best". Thank you for your kind words and for your continued support of Loews Ventana Canyon. It is a guest experience like yours that makes what we do worth while. Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I can't recommend Loews Ventana Canyon Resort highly enough. If you're visiting from out of town the beautiful location, great restaurants and friendly courteous staff make this a very pleasant place to stay. It's a wonderful spot for Tucson locals as well. We enjoy their delicious Sunday Brunch - Executive Chef Ken Harvey has assembled a fine group of chefs including new Banquet Chef Liane Hernandez whose culinary experience and great personality enhance an already delightful experience. We've enjoyed superb service by Servers Tina, Debbie, Monica, Shannon and Joseph - they do a terrific job and are warm and friendly. This is our overall experience with other staff members as well. Good job - you do everything right and keep us coming back for more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MarkingGuy, Director of Sales at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you so much for you kind words and for your repeat business. We love the support of Tucson locals like you. Chef Ken Harvey and chef Hernandez are very talented and we will pass along your comments. Thank you for also mentioning Tina, Debbie, Monica, Shannon and Joseph, these are the people that make Ventana Canyon great. Look forward to seeing you soon!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful place to stay for business or pleasure. I attended a business convention so I did not have much time to explore the resort grounds, but what I saw was fantastic. Golf course, mountains, water features and a waterfall up the mountain a bit. Overlooks Tucson. Rooms great with private views of the grounds. Staff was great as well. I would like to go back to spend more personal time.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay. I love your comments, 'a wonderful place for business or pleasure', I couldn't have said it better myself. Please do come back for some personal time, and happy New Year!
Pitt Meadows, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My friend and I went to Loews Ventana the beginning of December for a quick girl's getaway. As the resort is up the mountains you have to rent a car. We found our little trip very relaxing; it was sunny everyday and the lunches we had by their beautiful pool delicious. I ordered from the kid's menu as I found the other items too expensive (salad $14.00). The staff had no problem with me ordering from the kid's menu and I was not disappointed in the food - it was yummy, great big bowls of wonderful fruit, etc. I have to give a shout-out to Matthew, our waiter at the pool. You couldn't find a more friendly, personable person and we had lots of laughs with him. (Hi Matthew!!) Our room was spacious, clean and the beds and pillows to die for. We will be back (if we find another deal on Expedia). We loved the family of wild pigs (boars?) that we came across in the parking lot, the beautful birds and luckily we did not come across any tarantulas, oh, and Macy's was great . Thank you!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor overlooking the mountains, morning sun and the pool - highly recommen...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
So glad that you chose to spend your recent girls getaway with us at Loews Ventana Canyon. We very much appreciate your business and your taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor. Thank you also for your nice comments about Matthew, he is a star and we will pass along your your remarks. Please do come back and Happy New Year!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed at the resort recently and had a wonderful experience overall. I stayed at this resort in December 2012 for an formal ball. It was overall a pleasant stay. The front desk staff was helpful, room was clean, well equipped, and lobby, corridors and surrounding areas were clean and well kept. The breakfast was wonderful and I loved the pool area and senic walks. The only negative that I experience is the walk from the lobby to the my room, which was a bit long but the next time I will request a room closer to the lobby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, TX USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

When an unbeatable Travelzoo rate was offered for the days I wanted to stay during Thanksgiving week, I hopped right on it.

In regards to the property and rooms itself, I have not one criticism. Everything is updated. Those doublewide bathtubs make more sense for couples than anything else I've ever seen. Great.

We stayed here because of the mountainside location and terrain. The upside of that is nature is right at your doorstep. The downside is that you are about five miles from other legitimate dining options. We ate off property more than on - the resort's food is pricey at every turn. We also had a complimentary fridge delivered day one so we had plenty of breakfast, snack and beverage options which saved us a ton of money. Just be aware of this before you go and either make peace with it and enjoy the property or have a plan B for dining etc.

I highly recommend taking the complimentary nature walk on property - it was a highlight and our guide was excellent. We also hiked off property at Sabino Canyon very nearby by car to the resort.

I felt like the whole Tucson experience was more authentic than Scottsdale. Definately will return and would enjoy Loews Ventana Canyon again.

Room Tip: Desert view was very tranquil but friends had a city view which was very nice at night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Loews Ventana Canyon? Share your experiences!