“Okay except for the insect investation” 1 of 5 stars

Birds & Bees Package
Ranked #7 of 127 hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reading, Massachusetts
“Okay except for the insect investation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My family and I visit the Ventana every year. I guess I never notice how horrible the staff was until I needed them. The room they put us was invested with ants. Unfortunately we did not realize this until it was too late. We had ants everywhere in our clothes, toothpaste, you name it had ants. Loew's response. "We will send up maintenance". I told the desk clerk that I could not believe they would exterminate while we were staying in the room. I told him that was not an option. What block heads. So after complaining a bit they moved us to an "ant free" room. Note: the hotel did not apologize, offer to help clean our clothes or replace our other things ruined by the ants. It was awful. I still cannot believe it. Never again.. So next year it is the Westin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MarkingGuy, Director of Sales at Loews Ventana Canyon, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your continued support of Loews Ventana Canyon and for the feedback. I am so sorry to hear that you had ants in your guest room. We strive to provide world-class accommodations and service. It sounds like we fell short during your recent stay. I am sharing your comments with the management team so this does not happen in the future.

1,079 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Johnsburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

If you like the desert but enjoy your comfort this is the place to stay. Its located up in the foothills overlooking Tuson. The views of the city or the mountains are excellant. Confortable and clean rooms, all with patio or balcony. Lots of roomn outdoors, you can sit by the pool, or sit in the hot tub which has it own little waterfall or sit in the somewhat seluded patios (with heaters for those cool desert evenings). There are paved paths going up in the hills which lead to a yr round waterfall. This is a great place if you are a nature lover but also like your comfort. It is on the outskirts of Tuscon but this place has everything you need so why go into downtown...isnt the purpose of a vacation is to get away from it all? If you must get away from the hotel go to Sabrina Canyon which is just a short trip (2-3 miles?) I really felt this place is in tune with nature.

Room Tip: If you want the moutain view ask for a room on the 3rd floor. While nice some of the rooms on 1st &a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the nice comments. We very much appreciate your being our guest and I have to tell you that captured the essence of Ventana Canyon in your review. "In tune with nature...", is an apt description of our Catalina Mountain setting. I may quote on that. Thank you again, and please come back and see us.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I am a frequent customer of Loews Ventana Canyon Resort and always enjoy my experiences there. The staff is always friendly and very helpful. I like to do Stay Cations a lot and Loews is always the place I go too. This weekend I got engaged and we loved our suite. The staff was very helpful in helping me with the treasure hunt proposal that I worked up and made the experience very fun. The gingerbread display in the lobby is amazing!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Engaged,
Congratulations on your engagement and thank you for choosing Loews Ventana Canyon once again. I am so glad you find our staff 'friendly and very helpful'. Come back and see us.
az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We go here alot for the golf package. Our last trip was a little hairy in that there was a tournament going on and when we had booked they failed to tell us. It was for my husbands birthday so if we had known ahead, we would have stayed on a different day. That being said, the course accomadated us in the mist of a rush of people. Great place. Very relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for more information on the view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I just stayed at the Loews Ventana for a job interview in the Tucson area. Everything was paid for by the job so I can't comment on some of the price related things. The area is great, definitely a resort feel. Great for couples or families. Not sure if this resort is specifically dog friendly but there were a ton of K-9's at this place. The hotel backs right up to the base of the Catalina mountains. 35 mins from the airport. It is about 15-20 mins from the University of Arizona. There is a great trail head right on the property grounds. It is a 6.2+ mile trail. My wife and I decided to do just the first 3 miles. We went in mid-November, a great time of year. Not hot and the air was cool and crisp. Great pool with the mountains hovering over you was a great atmosphere. The staff were courteous and friendly. The facilities were clean and inline with a highly rated resort.

There was a really nice golf course right on the grounds. But I'm not much of a golfer. Great restaurant called the Flying V. Breakfast was expensive for a slightly above average buffet ($$$) so you may want to investigate other options if that is important to you. Self parking was easy, convenient and free.

Le Sueur, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Got a great deal online so we decided to visit the warmth of Arizona over Thanksgiving 2012. The Resort was beautiful although a bit out of the way for us; Tucson is going so fast and becoming so large and spread out which makes for a long drive into the heart of Tucson for shopping or restaurants. But if you are looking for a hidden gem to relax and get away from it all then this is the place. All of their staff were courteous and helped with any problem or question we had. The facilities offer plenty to do, swimming, golf, hiking, tennis and more to keep you active for a few days or you can just spend time in the spa and relax.

Meridian, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My family had a reunion here, Thanksgiving 2012. Some of us had not seen each other for years. This resort provided multiple spots where we could congregate in a secluded atmosphere. The pool is outstanding and relaxing just to sit near. The seating area outside had small fire pits where we could sit and talk by a fire. The staff of Loews Ventana were nothing but helpful and kind. Our rooms were congregated on the same floor and they provided us refrigerators at our request.
We used the Spa and the gym and both were just perfect. The gym had all the weights, machines and cardio with a great view of the mountains, desert and saguaros. I had a facial that was one of the best I have had. The property is beautiful and the short walk to the waterfall is a nice surprise. The whole experience was lovely.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south have the best view. Upper floors are more expensive, but more luxurious.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Loews Ventana Canyon? Share your experiences!