Haven't read all the reviews but in case this hasn't been mentioned...we ordered room service and not only did they add a 21% service charge, but also a $3.00 per person charge. So a breakfast of cereal and coffee for my husband, and a croissant egg and avocado sandwich for myself was over $40.00. The $9 a night parking charge was outrageous. Why not just charge you more for the room?
The room was okay. The bed was very comfortable and the tub was HUGE but the shower was pathetic and there were no vents in the room. Also only half a glass shower door which made it rather cold to take a shower as all the heat and steam from the shower wasn't contained. The heating/air conditioning system made a loud clicking noise everytime it shut on and off loud enough to wake you up at night. The balconies were constructed so that looking out each side you could see into every balcony down both sides of the hotel. We paid $20 extra for a premium view and had a wonderful view of the parking lot.
The Flying V restaurant across the parking lot had great food and friendly service. All the hotel staff were very friendly. There is also great shopping in the area. I highly recommend La Encantada shopping center. Great stores and good restaurants.
Overall, we felt like we paid way too much and will not be going back. We didn't get around to using the spa so can't comment on that. To be fair, some of these issues could have been resolved if we had complained but we were only there for 2 nights and didn't want the hassle of changing rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucson's spectacular 'Ventana' or 'Window' to the Soul of the Sonoran desert-is Loews Ventana Canyon. Discover a magical perspective high above Tucson's Catalina Mountains, where this stunning natural retreat offers a variety of activities, signature services and experiences to relax, energize and inspire guests. A playground of visitor delights includes: the luxurious Lakeside Spa & Tennis Center; Canyon hiking; professional stargazing; 2 Tom Fazio-designed PGA golf courses and lighted tennis courts; 2 swimming pools; a fitness center; nearby riding trails and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Expedia, BookIt.com, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Loews Ventana Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Ventana Canyon Hotel Tucson
- Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
- Loews Tucson
- Tucson Loews