“Older hotel with pretty ok qualities” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #77 of 129 Hotels in Tucson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

La Quinta at 6404 E. Broadway in Tucson, AZ. It is unsanitary and hazardous to your health. For example the lobby contained two red chairs, opposite the registration desk that are filthy. They are stained in numerous places and the arm rest are nearly black in color.

The carpet in my room, 260, was filthy and the bathroom had black mold on the ceiling and in the grout surrounding the ceramic tile. I am a world travel with over 100,000 miles with one airline. In the last six months I have flown ten times to two different countries and several states within the U.S. I can't remember ever staying in a hotel where the bed linens did not cover the box spring, grit and grime almost every where, red stains in the carpet or black mold in the bathroom.

Overall my room and the hotel is in VERY bad shape. It shows years of neglect.

I made a formal complaint with pictures. They say the hotel will be renovated this year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed to be close to my 3 day class the worst stay ever. I went to make coffee and the room attendants did not replace the sugar package fromlast guest, waited for next morning haha same packets still never replaced. Pool was closed due to maintenance even though when I called to confirm my reservation was not made aware when I asked about the pool! The bathroom was horrible faucets were broken, mold, and mildew build up. The ceiling in the shower was cracked and falling apart. The air vent had 1 1/2 of dust build up. The floor to the shower was sticky and disgusting had to use a towel to step on to be able to take a shower. Went to speak to the manager and she had the nerve o say what you want a discount since you didn't get your sugar packets?

• Stayed March 2013
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. The bathroom faucet couldn't be close properly so I had to sleep with it. Did not raise this to the management as I could not be bother to drag my heavy suitcase to another room (just in case I have to move room). The room was a bit smelly too. One day, the housekeeping did not remove a used paper cup and did not replace the bath mat.

Room Tip: If you looking for comfort. This is probably not the best hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our room was dirty, there was very questionable activities going on in the parking lot and down the hall from us needless to say I did not realize rooms at this hotel could be used by the hour and the security guard just looked the other way. It was very upsetting had we not checked in so late we would have left although we should have left anyway we would have been better off staying in our car.

All I can say is we have stayed at this hotel in the past it was clean and nice, I do not know what happened but it was dirty unmaintained and shady. We will not be returning!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Seal Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

It is a ptty this hotel was not up to company standards. The beds sagged in the middle, I don't think they have been replaced for a long time. The bathroom was so old you couldn't tell if it was age or dirt. If the bathroom can't be clean, it makes me wonder about he rest of the room. I had a little problem with the he sink. It had no catch on it and stuff was stuffed down the drain so the water didn't drain. The location was quite, and close enough to everything I need to be close to. I would stay here again becuase of the location but inprovements would have to be made. For the condition it is in now, I can't bring myself to stay here again. The complamentary breakfast is adequate.

Room Tip: the pool is in the center with all room doors facing the pool - the noise of the happy summers echos...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

2 couples shared the room and had enough room to manipulate. We used the fridge and m/wave. Location put us close to Sabino Canyon and Mt Lemon. We lived in the area in the 70s and enjoyed Mexican food at our favorite Casa Molina. It was nice to revisit Trail Dust Town as well!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple