“Sleepless night” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #84 of 127 hotels in Tucson
A TripAdvisor Member
“Sleepless night”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our room was dirty, there was very questionable activities going on in the parking lot and down the hall from us needless to say I did not realize rooms at this hotel could be used by the hour and the security guard just looked the other way. It was very upsetting had we not checked in so late we would have left although we should have left anyway we would have been better off staying in our car.

All I can say is we have stayed at this hotel in the past it was clean and nice, I do not know what happened but it was dirty unmaintained and shady. We will not be returning!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seal Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

It is a ptty this hotel was not up to company standards. The beds sagged in the middle, I don't think they have been replaced for a long time. The bathroom was so old you couldn't tell if it was age or dirt. If the bathroom can't be clean, it makes me wonder about he rest of the room. I had a little problem with the he sink. It had no catch on it and stuff was stuffed down the drain so the water didn't drain. The location was quite, and close enough to everything I need to be close to. I would stay here again becuase of the location but inprovements would have to be made. For the condition it is in now, I can't bring myself to stay here again. The complamentary breakfast is adequate.

Room Tip: the pool is in the center with all room doors facing the pool - the noise of the happy summers echos...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

2 couples shared the room and had enough room to manipulate. We used the fridge and m/wave. Location put us close to Sabino Canyon and Mt Lemon. We lived in the area in the 70s and enjoyed Mexican food at our favorite Casa Molina. It was nice to revisit Trail Dust Town as well!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

First room - bathtub was dirty and tv didn't work. Desk clerk indicated he knew tv had problems so we moved rooms. Second room - better but bathroom had black mold and peeling paint on ceiling. I was very disappointed as I thought La Quinta was better than this. I could have gone to a cheap place and been more satisfied.

Room Tip: I won't stay at this location again.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I am a retired Hotel GM and had stayed at this property two years ago . At that time the property was only so so overall and in need of great improvement. Because I have been in the industry for many years I still basically am in "inspection"mode when I travel and I am very happy to say that this property has undergone immense improvement since my last visit. The grounds looked clean and well maintained including the parking lots with well lighted exterior at night. The pool area was cleaned and hosed daily, grass areas were green and mowed, trees and bushes well trimmed and funiture clean and created a pleasant atmosphere for relaxing. The room when entered had a "fresh" appearance and was very nicely appointed and most of all well cleaned. Beds were comfortable, linens clean and crisp and lighting more than adequate. The breakfast was well done with a good selection to chose from for all diets and kept well re-stocked throughout the entire breakfast period. The lobby was appealing when entered and front desk staff looked professional and made check in and check out pleasant and expedient. Adding to this that the location is convenient to plentiful shopping venues and restaurants, this is an ideal place to stay. My compliments to Mr. Sandhu and his hard working staff for making a once so-so property into a great place to stay.! I will happily return because I know they care about making it a great experience for their guests.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

New mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a good place to stay, overall the hotel is an older La Quinta bu the staff is friendly. The room was spacious and clean. They do not have enough smoking rooms, and it was very cold the week I stayed and had to smoke outside. I did notice they do not have enough cleaning staff. My room did not get serviced on the second day I stayed, I do not know what is up with that, most hotels will service the rooms on a daily basis. Otherwise it is a hotel and nothing is as good as your home. Great Place to stay quiet, clean and in a good location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Tucson East? Share your experiences!