“Good Value for Traveling Basics” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #90 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good Value for Traveling Basics”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My trip was a short one to attend a promotion ceremony at Davis-Monthan AFB. The Holiday Inn Airport-North was ideally situated between the Tuscon airport and DMAFB.

Overall, the hotel is nice, clean, quiet, and staffed with friendly, helpful people.

Still, there were a few minor issues with my stay, but no show-stoppers, and I would stay there again.

The issues:

1) I checked into the hotel around 2:30 PM and a room was ready. I booked a standard, non-smoking room with a king-size bed. I asked if the rooms came equipped with a mini-refrigerator and the employee told me she was booking me into a mini-suite plus pointed me in the direction to where I could pickup some beer, juices, and water near the hotel. But first, my key didn't work, so I had to return to get it re-keyed, then the room was just a standard room with no mini-refrigerator. No big deal, as that is what I had originally booked. I didn't see any need to call the front desk about this mix-up.

2) One of the two elevators didn't have working floor indicator lights above the door.

3) House keeping didn't leave any coffee or hot drink cups nor any bar soap my first night. Again, I didn't see any need to call about this and the second day those items were there.

4) The guest service directory's television channel listing was inaccurate.

5) The bathroom's hair dryer was missing its holder and was hanging off the bare metal mounting bracket.

The notable good things:

1) Friendly, helpful (when I asked for it) hotel and restaurant staff.

2) Excellent pricing with the restaurants breakfast menu; fast service.

3) Nice business center room with a dedicated computer and printer for airline boarding passes.

4) Well-kept building interiors and grounds.

Overall, this hotel is well-suited for those looking for decent, clean facilities. The bed was comfortable, the wi-fi connection reliable, and the room quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Holiday Inn and Suites Tucson Airport North, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear TravelGoot,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your detailed review as it is very helpful to us.

After reading your areas of opportunity, I can understand why your stay was good, but not great. I would feel the same way if my keys didn't work the first time, the refrigerator request wasn't met or channel guides are not accurate. As a traveler, those items are important and I am sorry you had to experience that with us.

On a positive note, thank you for pointing out the team and a few amenities we offer. The team works hard to deliver memorable service and they will be thrilled to learn their efforts did not go unnoticed.

If you have an moment, I would certainly like to learn more about your stay. You can either contact me directly at 520.799.8630 or via email at kym.myers@jqh.com. Your comments are valuable to us so we can certainly improve.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope to speak further to you about it. You are a valued guest to us!

Mr. Kym Myers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Surprised this facility is still associated with the Holiday Inn brand. The whole building smells of stale smoke. Carpets and furniture have stains everywhere. Went to go for a run and both treadmills were broken. Bathrooms dirty. Again surprised this facility is allowed to carry the brand name as its that bad.

Dear 312alb81,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, although we wished it would have been under better circumstances.

After reading your comments, I understand your frustration and need to express your concern with us. I am sorry this was something you had to experience and I hope we can speak about it so I can get more information on your stay. If you could contact me directly at 520.799.8630 or via email at kym.myers@jqh.com, I would greatly appreciate it. The more information I can gather, it will assist on improving our quality and service.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope to speak to you about it. You are a valued guest and your comments are important to us.

Marysville, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and was repeatedly amazed at the lengths each staff member went to anytime I asked for something. From calling to ask directions, to more of something (e.g. toothpaste, coffee), to help moving something, every staff member really went the extra mile. The room was very nicely done, roomy, clean and the beds were oh, so comfortable. Sitting poolside in the evenings was relaxing and a great breakfast got each day off to a great start. It made such an impression that I am headed back there next week even though the location will not be as convenient as another hotel (and there a lot of good ones to choose from)!

Room Tip: I liked being poolside and there was not any noise from the pool, even when there were people in the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Holiday Inn and Suites Tucson Airport North, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear fsjpow,

Thank you for your review and taking the time to write it about our hotel. We appreciate your comments.

We are happy to know the team's efforts at delivering memorable guest service was noticed and we appreciate you commenting on that. They really do work hard at it. Also we are glad you enjoyed the accommodations and the pool area. We believe we have one of the better pools in the area and it definitely is a very relaxing place to enjoy in the evenings.

Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon when you come back to the hotel. You are truly a valued guest!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed here on Friday and Saturday nights for an Irish dance competition. The room was very clean and comfortable and the hotel facilities were great. Every time we asked a member of staff for anything we were met with friendly and courteous service. Good bar and restaurant. Pool area looked wonderful but we didn't have time to use it. Hopefully we'll go back and enjoy that too. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is that there is some noise from traffic and trains nearby and my overnight order for breakfast in the room was not picked up so I had to go to the restaurant to get food in the morning.
That said, we are definitely looking forward to returning here next year.

Room Tip: If you want to be near to the pool, ask for a room close to that area. There is more than one buildi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Holiday Inn and Suites Tucson Airport North, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Jaa92129,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your comments and know your time is valuable.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Tucson for the Irish Dance competition. The team will be thrilled to learn that they delivered memorable service and that it did not go unnoticed. They work especially hard to ensure our guests are happy. I do understand how frustrating it can be when your breakfast card was not picked up and for that I am sorry for our error.

Thank you again for your review on our hotel and we look forward to seeing you next year at the competition. You are a valued guest!

Prineville, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had no idea where to stay in Tucson as it was unfamiliar territory for us. We are familiar with the Holiday Inns and called this hotel, the agent was very helpful on the phone and advised us to come on over as they had rooms. We were checked in by , I believe the front desk manager , Kimberly Foote, and she was amazing. Not only did we get a really nice room, but a great rate. The room was large, very well furnished, clean and comfortable.
The entire staff was very friendly, helpful and professional. Happy hour in the lounge as nice to come back to after a day out and about. Todd, our server gave us great service and we did see him handle a difficult customer very well.
When in Tucson we will be sure to stay here !!!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiet and not a bad view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Cowboy070,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We know your time is valuable and we appreciate your comments.

The team will be happy to learn their efforts at delivering memorable service did not go unnoticed. Both Kimberly and Todd are great additions to the hotel and they will be thrilled to learned they were mentioned by you.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review us and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to Tucson. You are a valued guest!

Litchfield Park, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been staying at this Holiday Inn for almost 2 years.It is not the fanciest hotel to stay in but the staff is amazing. I could stay at some other places that are more convenient to my work travels but woud not think of doing that as I enjoy visiting with the girls up front and the restaurant staff. Everyone goes above & beyond to ensure an incredible experience. Kimberly Foote has always been helpful & accommodating. Devon, Tanya and Maegyn are friendly and they always remember me, even when I call in. I cannot say enough positive things about the team throughout every department I have interacted with, including Candace in sales. The rooms could use upgrading, specifically the outlets. They are loose so plugs do not always stay in...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Holiday Inn and Suites Tucson Airport North, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Andrea H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and know your time is valuable to you.

We cannot thank you enough for mentioning our service. We completely understand the comments on us needing upgrading, however the team has always taken pride in delivering memorable guest service. The team will be thrilled to know it has not gone unnoticed. I appreciate you also being able to mention specific team members as we can do individual thank you's to those great associates.

We appreciate your review and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to Tucson. You are truly a valued guest.

Prior Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had stayed the night before in the DoubleTree at Reid Park. And Id have to say, this Holiday Inn is better by far.

Very friendly staff, Megan at the front desk made a good first impression of the place. Room was very clean and bed was tightly made. Hotel Bar was priced well, especially for happy hour! Breakfast restaurant was "Ok".

They made things easy with free shuttle service to various points of interest. I took the free shuttle to the Pima Air & Space Museum. Very cool! They can also bring you to the Dell Urich/Randolph Golf Course for free.

I was put up here by Delta due to a canceled flight. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for 6th floor, facing North for best view of the Mount Lemmon.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Holiday Inn and Suites Tucson Airport North, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear schreinerphoto,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on our hotel and team.

We are excited to learn we could make your stay enjoyable after being on a canceled flight. I have had the unfortunate experience to be on a canceled flight myself and the abrupt change in plans certainly wreaked havoc with me, as I am sure with you too. Our team really works hard to deliver memorable service and I am happy to learn that was the case. They will be excited to learn their efforts did not go unnoticed.

Thank you again for writing a review on our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to Tucson. We value you as our guest!

Mr. Kym Myers

Been to Holiday Inn and Suites Tucson Airport North? Share your experiences!