My trip was a short one to attend a promotion ceremony at Davis-Monthan AFB. The Holiday Inn Airport-North was ideally situated between the Tuscon airport and DMAFB.
Overall, the hotel is nice, clean, quiet, and staffed with friendly, helpful people.
Still, there were a few minor issues with my stay, but no show-stoppers, and I would stay there again.
1) I checked into the hotel around 2:30 PM and a room was ready. I booked a standard, non-smoking room with a king-size bed. I asked if the rooms came equipped with a mini-refrigerator and the employee told me she was booking me into a mini-suite plus pointed me in the direction to where I could pickup some beer, juices, and water near the hotel. But first, my key didn't work, so I had to return to get it re-keyed, then the room was just a standard room with no mini-refrigerator. No big deal, as that is what I had originally booked. I didn't see any need to call the front desk about this mix-up.
2) One of the two elevators didn't have working floor indicator lights above the door.
3) House keeping didn't leave any coffee or hot drink cups nor any bar soap my first night. Again, I didn't see any need to call about this and the second day those items were there.
4) The guest service directory's television channel listing was inaccurate.
5) The bathroom's hair dryer was missing its holder and was hanging off the bare metal mounting bracket.
The notable good things:
1) Friendly, helpful (when I asked for it) hotel and restaurant staff.
2) Excellent pricing with the restaurants breakfast menu; fast service.
3) Nice business center room with a dedicated computer and printer for airline boarding passes.
4) Well-kept building interiors and grounds.
Overall, this hotel is well-suited for those looking for decent, clean facilities. The bed was comfortable, the wi-fi connection reliable, and the room quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tucson, Arizona where Green is Inn! Make memories of a lifetime at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tucson Airport North . Newly renovated, this Tucson hotel is one of the largest convention hotels in the heart of Tucson, Arizona . Local attractions include: Tucson Electric Park, High Corbett Field, Reid Park and Zoo, University of Arizona, San Xavier Del Bac Mission, Pima Air and Space Museum, Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum, Randolph Park Golf Course, Tombstone, Jim Click Hyundai Tucson, Karchner Caverns, Old Tucson Studios, Sabino Canyon/Mt. Lemmon, Saguaro National Monument , Tucson Airport Hotels (TUS), Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX). With over 20,000 sq. ft. of functional meeting space, our Tucson hotel is able to accommodate from large conventions, dream weddings, down to smaller business gatherings and meetings. Knowledgeable catering professionals will work to make your event huge - no matter what size it is! Convenient location has made Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson Airport North preferred for Tucson hotels Arizona's lodging and convention needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn and Suites Tucson Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn And Suites Tucson Airport North Hotel Tucson
- Holiday Inn Tucson
- Tucson Holiday Inn