“NIce get away” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
North Olmsted
“NIce get away”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I travel quite a bit for Business and it’s important to find comfortable places to stay. I’m a priority club member so I tend to lean towards the Holiday inn or other associated properties. The suites are nice close to the pool and sauna pool. The restaurant has a convenient and has a nice variety on the menu. The personnel at the front desk, restaurant, and service are friendly. The problem I had was neither one of my TV worked which is weird in itself, however I called the front desk and someone was there within 3 minutes and had both operational in no time at all. I feel that that things can happen anywhere you go and stay, it’s what they do to fix it that sets them apart.

Room Tip: If your looking for the best value you may want to avoid Spring training
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Holiday Inn and Suites Tucson Airport North, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Terry M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and look to use it to improve our hotel.

We are happy to learn you enjoyed your stay and that the team did a good job at following up with you when an issue arose. The team works hard to deliver memorable service and they will be excited to know that they did that for you while our guest.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you come back to Tucson. We value you as our guest!

Mr. Kym Myers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

It's really worthwhile to get a suite if you can... the extra room is excellent, and it was the end of the hall so it was quiet. The breakfast was good too, the buffet included cheesy scrambled eggs and salsa. The lobby made it seem nicer than we'd expect of a Holiday inn. Wireless was free, a good plus.

The downside was that our room had no trash can so we had no place for our trash and had to make a pile, and the bathtub had a slow drain so we were wading in our morning showers. This wouldn't have been too bad except that we did call the front office after the first night to ask them to fix these things, and when we returned that evening the room had been cleaned but neither of these issues were fixed - still no trash can! Good grief, how can they miss that?

At least it was quiet and comfortable to sleep in, that was something.

Room Tip: The suites are at the end of the hall, less ambient noise. The extra room is nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Holiday Inn and Suites Tucson Airport North, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear kclightman,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback and know your time is valuable.

We are happy you enjoyed the room and it was surprisingly nice to you when you were our guest. I am disappointed to learn of our lack of urgency to repair the issues you had in the guestroom. I am sorry that happened and I will be following up with the team on this. It is valuable feedback like this that helps us work towards being better for all of our guests.

Thank you again for your review and we hope that you'll give us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you come to Tucson. We do value you!

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We took a Saturday/Sunday to go to catch up with friends and family in the Tucson area. We needed a place that was easily on/off the freeway. The reviews were mixed. We arrived and behold there was a tattoo convention with car show going on! The parking lot was packed as was the entire inside area! We were going to dinner with family as we had been with friends, so no big deal. We took our bags to the room. It was clean and personally, not badly decorated. When we returned later, we used our Priority club buy one drink get one free. The bar area was busy but nothing like earlier. We ate breakfast the next morning and it was typical of Holiday Inn, which met our needs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Holiday Inn and Suites Tucson Airport North, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Suann_60,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and know your time is valuable.

We are happy to know that our hotel fit your needs when catching up with friends and family and we were able to accommodate you during a busy weekend. I am hoping you can share more information with me on what we could have done to improve your overall stay, particularly during a busy time for the hotel. Your valuable comments will help to improve our service and quality. I can be reached directly at 520.799.8630 or via email at kym.myers@jqh.com.

Thank you again for your review and I'll be sharing your comments with the team. I hope we can speak of your stay and I look forward to hearing more. We hope that the next time you are visiting, you'll give us another opportunity to have you as our guest. We truly do value you.

Tucson, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Dirty room. Hard bed. Sofa looked worse than anything you can pick up at the Goodwill. We'd purchased this room while waiting for our new home purchase to close. We used hotwire and there was no turning back. The room was one of the worst we'd ever stayed in. Drains didn't drain. No fan in the bathroom. Carpets were filthy. And the breakfast restaurant (which closes at 11:30 daily) was rude, unkempt and pricey. Go down the street to waffle house. It's much better, better food, better price and friendlier service. Never again, Holiday Inn and "suites" which in effect means a mini fridge, microwave and a couch not fit for anyone to sit on.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Holiday Inn and Suites Tucson Airport North, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Betsy S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback.

I am sorry to hear about your poor stay experience while waiting for your home purchase. We obviously did a poor job of keeping our hotel up to standards and I am sorry you were a part of that type of effort from us. I am hoping you will contact me directly at 520.799.8630 or via email at kym.myers@jqh.com so I can speak to you regarding your experience with us. Please know we take all comments seriously to improve our quality.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope to speak to you about it. We do value you as our guest.

Arlington Heights
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The workers were extremely nice and friendly. My room was relatively clean with the exception of a dirty q-tip on my floor. Rooms are very dated. The grounds including the hallways and pool area were disgusting. Garbage was on the stairs for more than 24 hours. I actually saw a maid step over a candy wrapper on the stairs. The glass on doors were all marked up with finger prints. Cigarette butts were everywhere in the pool area. I would not return. It too bad because it could be a nice property but they desperately need more workers cleaning up or new mangament with higher standards of cleanliness.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Naptown2,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and know your time is valuable to you.

I am sorry our grounds were in such disarray and our lack of urgency to keep the grounds clean was poor. We normally do not have this type of issue, but obviously that was the case when you were here. We are happy to learn you felt our team was nice and friendly and they'll be glad to hear that even though we weren't up to standards with our cleanliness. We are also sorry this will keep you away from coming back to visit us again.

Thank you again for your review of our hotel. We realize we might have lost you as a guest, but we do hope you would give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Even though this old property has a gorgeous heated pool, conference rooms and restaurants, it is difficult to give it a rating more than average. The rooms are old, dated and when you open and close the drapes be prepared for a dust storm. Can't even imagine the last time they were cleaned and the mattresses are in need of replacement. Don't count on getting the room you booked in advance even if you are Platinum or Gold member as their reservation desk is definitely askew. Even though we informed them we would be a very late arrival, and then called the day of our flight to remind them, we were given the only room left in the hotel and it was not satisfactory and not what we booked. This is not a place I would chose to return to.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear peanutsNewYork,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are greatly appreciated as it does help us improve when we follow up with the team.

I am sorry your stay was less than stellar. Our normal procedure as a Platinum Priority Club member is to give a complimentary upgrade when available, but it doesn't sound like that was the case during your stay. I am hoping to speak to you about it so I can get some more information. Can you call me directly at 520.799.8630 or email me at kym.myers@jqh.com? Please be aware we take all comments seriously and look to improve our service levels.

Thank you again for your review of our hotel. We only wished it was under better circumstances that you were able to review us. We realize we probably have lost you as a guest in the future, but we do hope you'll contact us so we may speak and I can personally apologize to you. Maybe at that time you would reconsider and give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I am a long-standing guest (platinum member) of the Holiday Inn chain. I checked into this property and found only one towel which was dirty. I asked for more and got 3 towels, but the new "clean" towels" were crusty and smelled. The beds were broken down and really unsleepable, the table legs came off the only table in the room when I went to move it to close the blinds. There was no manager on duty and no one appeared to be concerned about the conditions of the place.

Room Tip: I would just avoid this property.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear pineneedle_60,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and we will be following up on it with our team.

I am sorry for the experience you encountered. I am disappointed to learn of our lack of urgency to fix the issue and for allowing this to happen in the first place. I hope I can speak to you about it as I would like to learn more of your stay. I can be reached directly at 520.799.8630 or via email at kym.myers@jqh.com. Please know we take all comments seriously and we do work to improve our service and quality.

Again, I am sorry for your stay and I hope you will be able to contact me about it. We understand that we failed in your stay, but we do hope you'll give us another opportunity to show you we are better than what you encountered.

Mr. Kym Myers

Been to Holiday Inn and Suites Tucson Airport North? Share your experiences!