“Excellent stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
San Antonio, Texas
“Excellent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was in the area visiting family after a business trip to Arizona. I didn't fly into the Tucson airport, but this is very close and convenient for travelers. I tend to be partial to Hampton's because everything is included and they are generally pretty nice. Several other hotels on this strip charge more and add charges for breakfast, which is included at the Hampton. I have stayed at Hampton's that look newer, but this one still looks nice in the lobby area. The outdoor pool area looked nice, but I'd didn't get to use it. Check in was efficient - even when I made the reservation for the wrong night, they quickly straightened things out. We booked the king room with pullout couch. The bed was extremely comfortable - so much so that my wife raved about how comfortable it was and wanted to get the same mattress at our house. There was a microwave, fridge, and flat screen TV which were all in good shape. The only problem was that with the sofa bed pulled out, there is literally no room left at all. You cannot use the desk and you cannot open the fridge - the place becomes really cramped. If you don't plan to use the sofa bed, or you don't mind being cramped when it is out, then this is not a problem. We didn't hear any airplane noise despite the proximity to the airport. We liked this place well enough that we booked a second night here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Friendly staff made check in easy. Room was clean and had microwave and fridge. Only downside was there was a large gathering at the hotel pool after dinner so noise was louder than normal, but we still enjoyed our pool time. Insulation in the hotel is great, and we heard very little aircraft noise, until we exited the hotel to see military aircraft on practice runs which my kids loved.

Location allows you to get to Pima Air Museum quickly as it is approximately 3 miles away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonTucsonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for the perfect review! I am so glad to hear you were able to enjoy our outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi despite the gathering. Your right, the Pima air Museum is a great attraction for the whole family in close proximity to our hotel. Many of our guests take advantage of our 5 mile complimentary shuttle service which runs 24-hours to and from the airport and local attractions until 10pm. We would be happy to provide this service for you and your family during your next visit.

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your experience with this review. The next time you are passing through our team will be happy to share even more local favorites for you and your family to enjoy.

See you next time!
Colorado Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our experience at The Hampton was excellent. I was very impressed with the customer service and the way every employee we came into contact with acknowledged us with a smile and a greeting. The room was very nice and the beds are wonderfully comfortable. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and the cookies....love the cookies. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonTucsonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review! Service is paromount for the Hampton brand and we have an engaging front desk staff who are committed to our hotels service culture. We share these comments with our entire team and the front desk staff will be elated to hear how their service impacted your stay. Thanks again for the perfect review. We look forward to hosting your next visit to Tucson. And yes, we will have our famous warm cookies awaiting your arrival! Thank you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a very average Hampton Inn. One nice touch was my room had a microwave and refrigerator which is uncommon for a Hampton Inn. This hotel was quiet and very close to the airport. One major complaint is that I did not have a thermostat to control my a/c unit with. Even thought the weather was very nice during my stay, I found my room a tad cool, but had no way to adjust that as the controls on the a/c unit didn't work. Had a stayed longer (I only was there one night) or noticed the issue earlier (I had checked in and then headed out to a nearby casino and didn't get back until around 1am) I would have said something. However being that it was late, and I was only cool, not freezing cold, I didn't say anything until I checked out. I was disappointed with the desk clerk's response (I was told to just adjust the temp on the a/c unit...I explained that I tried that and it had no affect). I would probably stay there again if the need arose, but I'd ensure I had a thermostat before I got settled into the room. One other note is that the shower is very dark due to the poor bathroom lighting.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
HamptonTucsonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time posts a review about out hotel. I was glad to hear you enjoyed our in room microwave and mini refrigerator we provide in each our guest rooms.
I am so sorry you experienced problems controlling your AC unit. The majority of our rooms are operated by a wall thermostat with a small amount operated by a manual self controlled AC unit and we would d be happy to book a room for you in this location on your next visit.
Is there anything else I can do to ensure your stay is flawless next time? Please let me know by calling me at 520-918-9000. Again, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. Please consider staying with us again on your next visit to Tucson AZ!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Being close to the airport I expected this place to be noisy and it wasn't! The beds were very comfortable (esp for a "cheap" motel) and the staff was great. It was a fast, easy, checkin/out and it was very cheap to stay here. The morning breakfast was what you'd expect......"make it yourself" waffles, yogurt, fruit, bagels. I rated it "excellent" not because it was the best place I ever stayed but because it did a number of things really well and it was one of the cheapest on-airport properties. The neighborhood isn't one you'd walk at night and there's not a lot of restaurants for a few miles. I'd stay there again. Had a teenage daughter with me and she liked it too.

Room Tip: This place is surrounded by motels/hotels but this is a good buy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonTucsonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you sharing your hotel experience! I was delighted to read you and your daughter enjoyed our brand new Denver mattress. In addition to our fresh and clean duvet covers and sheets, our guests enjoy a restful night sleep and wake up refreshed to our complimentary breakfast. We really appreciate your post and look forward to serving your family again in the future.
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we had an early morning flight and wanted a hotel close to the airport. It was clean, the beds were comfortable and they have a great free breakfast in the morning. The staff was friendly as well. Served us well for what we were looking for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the positive review! We pride ourselves in providing friendly service and clean and fresh guest rooms. We are so proud to learn you found this to be true during your visit. I am thrilled you had an opportunity to enjoy our free, hot breakfast served daily with fresh-baked waffles and hearty oatmeal with toppings!

The next time your travels find you in Tucson, we hope to be your first choice! Thank you
Albany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been staying at this Hampton on our vacations for many years. The hotel is always fresh, clean and well cared for. The rooms are quite comfortable, and allow for good "moving around" space. The beds are comfortable, and the bathrooms are very clean. The staff has proven to be the best asset of all. If you need anything, from an extra blanket to directions or recommendations, they are always there, and always friendly.

The hotel has an excellent free breakfast, with plenty of hot and cold choices. And they will prepare a bag lunch to go if you're leaving early. Better yet, if you're lucky and time it right, they make fresh chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies a couple of times a day.

We absolutely recommend this Hampton Hotel.

Mr. & Mrs. L. Clar

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for the strong review! We share guest comments with our teams daily and they will be thrilled to hear how their commitment to providing our guest with clean and friendly service has impacted your stay. Your loyalty to the Hampton Brand is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back next time with more of our fresh baked cookies! Thank you

Been to Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport? Share your experiences!