“Good location!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Belton, Texas
“Good location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at this Tucson location on two different occasions during a road trip from Texas to California--once on the way and then again during the trip home. Both stays were wonderful. The staff was very pleasant, our rooms were everything we expect from a Hampton and the complimentary breakfast was delicious. The location is very convenient to IH-10 and several restaurants are nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Christopher C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review and your comments. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us twice. I will pass along your comments to my entire team. We hope to see you again next time you are in Tucson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Curacao
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Dang Verne! Nastiest Hampton I have been too. Never again. Dirty room. Dirty bathroom. Enough said. Don't go!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Christopher S, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Colorblind123,

It is unfortunate that you were not pleased with your recent stay with us. Given that many of our reviews point out the cleanlines of our rooms, I am surprised that this was not the case during your stay. If you would like to take the time to contact the hotel directly, I would be more than happy to see what expectations we did not meet and fix them. As we pride ourselves in our guest satisfaction I would hope we would have the opportunity to redeem our hotel in your eyes.

I would like to point out that during this August and September we will be replacing all of our bedding and furniture in the rooms. We will also be updating all of the carpet in the rooms and hallways. Hopefully on your next trip to Tucson you can give us another shot and see all the updates we have made.

Plymouth, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The staff was incredibly nice, remembered our first name, made our stay as good as they could, they care! Thanks all of you.

Room Tip: Best place by the airport
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Christopher S, Assistnt General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
tmcqueeny,

All I can say is thank you for the praise of our staff! It has been a deep focus of ours to really reach out and make our guest stays personable and memorable. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay!
Batley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in April. We were collected from the Atlantic Aviation at the International Airport promptly by shuttle bus. The room was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was good, with plenty to choose from. There was also an option to have breakfast to go in a brown paper bag (Not quite sure what was in there though, never used that option).

There was no restaurant on site, but a voucher was given to take to the Sheraton across the street, and when I asked about other places to eat we were recommended a steak house about 3 miles away. Not having a car this could have been an issue but the hotel staff took us in the shuttle bus and asked us to call them for pick-up afterwards.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Tucson.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Mr. DarrenOHara,

Thank your for taking the time to point out some of the areas of our hotel that we pride ourselves on. I am glad we were able to accomodate you in your dining option as restuarants in the area are a bit sparce. On top of the cleanliness of our rooms and breakfast options, our number one area to exceed our guests expectations is in the service we provide from our staff. Thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed here August 2011, not sure if hotel was undergoing renovation, but lobby appeared updated and modern, which didn't really match the rest of the hotel, which was typical Hampton Inn. Room was clean, but I did have some issues with plumbing. Someone did come to fix, but problem came back as I just think it was old. If back in Tucson and needing hotel close to airport I would probably try one of the new properties instead, but wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if needed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Christopher S, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your review and feedback. I can understand your perception of the contrasting lobby and rooms. We are currently in the process of finalizing decisions to renovate our rooms over the next coming months. I certainly hope you choose to stay again in the future and see the changes we have made.
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stayed here for two nights and left unimpressed but with my needs met. This hotel is very convenient to the Tucson airport (just a few blocks outside of the airport exit). The staff was friendly, the breakfast was simple but nice, and the lobby area was modernly decorated.
The room I had was clean but the main issue I had (that I didn't mention to the staff) was the poor lighting in the bathroom. There was only one light over the sink for the whole bathroom (although it was a small bathroom). The lack of additional lighting provided a dark showering experience. However, the water pressure was very good. So, although you might have a hard time seeing what you're cleaning, you can rest assured that the water pressure will certainly assist in cleaning what it hits. :)
I will keep this hotel as a possible option when I return to Tucson.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review and taking the time to leave feedback. I am glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations in service and cleanliness. As for the bathrooms we are looking into the lighting issue. We hope you will see us again the next time your are in Tucson.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable.I was dissappointed this Hampton Inn had no social hour and they internet was down for half a day when I was there. There is no restaurant on-site but the front desk gave me a coupon to go across the street for dinner at their sister hotel ( The owner of Sheraton and Hampton is the same) The hotel is next to the airport and the shuttle bus driver was quickly available to take me to the airport at 3:30 in the morning.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear cnncreech,

Thank you for your feedback on the timeliness of our shuttle and cleanliness of our rooms. I wanted to mention that come this summer, we will be hosting a social hour in our lobby. This currently is not a requirement of Hampton properties, however is something that a lot of Hamptons are moving towards. We are in the last stages of acquiring our liquor license, at which time we will provide this service, as well as sell alcoholic beverages from our gift shop. Please take the time to visit us in the future and see all of the changes we continue to be making.

Christopher Sullivan

Been to Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport? Share your experiences!