“First Time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Lubbock, Texas
“First Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Well it started when I have my vacation on what to do where to go. I told my wife I want to go & stay somewhere diffrent than the Comfort inn & some of the others we always stay at on our vacations so I saw this place & the rooms was so much diffrent so I dedice to sat at this one. When are go into Tucson it was hard to find at night so I went to my Phone navagation & it help me find it so I had a problem finding the office but they help us so Simon at the front desk help us find our room & even help me carry our luggage into the room. My wife she love it so did I so if we come back I am going to find it in the day not the night time. We will be back Simon & the rest of the people was very helpful.. I also told my wife I woulod like to have a cabin that just like our room I would have to add the Kitchen to it..

Room Tip: Ask for Simon he was very helpful.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Mr. Luttrell,
Thank you deciding to come and stay at our resort as a change of pace from your normal vacation plans. My apologies Tucson does have light restrictions due to the observatory etc and it can be difficult at night to navigate indeed. We have been accustomed to this and are always willing to come out and guide you in from the entrance and parking lots anytime. Kudos to Simon for providing the extra assistance needed, I appreciate your acknowledgement of his service and have just shown him your thoughts. We hope you make us your new hotel for future trips. Regards

343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had an airline credit to use up and decided to take a mini vacation by myself. I had never been to AZ and after some research found this place. It turned out to be the perfect choice! Quiet, cozy and exactly the type of environment I was looking for with only a few days to relax. Amazing views from the pool and restaurant. I never left the property and enjoyed dining at the 2 restaurants during my stay. On my last night I treats myself to a wonderful meal at The Grill and also enjoyed some beautiful guitar playing by Eduardo Costa. I definitely plan to visit Tuscon again and would love to stay at this resort! Thank you for a wonderful stay, great service and a beautiful well kept property to escape to from Chicago for a few days!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 301, my only complaint would be the shades on the door did not close all the way. D...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Nicole,
A belated first time welcome to Arizona. Thank you for coming to stay with us from the Windy City. I hope to make it to your fine city soon for a mini-vacation as well. We appreciate you staying on property and enjoying our dining options, relaxing and unwinding at the pool area. I am very glad you found our property to offer the qualities you were most looking for on your first trip here. I will most certainly address your room tip regarding the shades not providing the security expected. Studies show especially for female travelers this is a top priority in hotels and we will work to see what solutions need and can be implemented to resolve this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would love to host your next mini-vacation when your out West, please contact me if I can assist with any arrangements. Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were privileged to have stayed at the Hacienda Del Sol. From the trip there (the hotel is nestled in the Santa Catalina Foothills) to when we drove up -
we could tell this was going to be a special occasion.

We live in Tucson but needed a
getaway. Somewhere to enjoy a little R&R. We found it! Thanks to all the staff but in particular: Simon at the front desk for being so helpful and to Tim for helping us get back into our room after we locked ourselves out. Whoops!

This hotel pays a lot of attention to the details and it shows! The rooms are excellent and well sized. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2013
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Breyna,
Thank you for coming to stay with us, we were as privilaged to have you visit us and you were to experience our property. As the saying goes its all in the details, great to hear that our dedication to these small but important items payed off for you to have such an enjoyable and relaxing time. I have shared your kind words with both Simon and Tim this evening. We also put the review up on our bulletin boards for everyone to see how they delighted and took care of our guests. It is always fantastic to be recognized and rewarded for jobs well done. Anytime you need another respite from the in-town craziness please come see us again. Regards
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The best of all Tucson area lodging...

This place is romantic, memorable, unique and a true gem. Amazing art work throughout the property, stunning views, very comfortable rooms and impeccable service all made this an outstanding choice to stay.

I would come back again and again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Miami,
Thank you for visiting us all the way from the Sunshine State. Also we appreciate taking the time to leave a wonderful review about your stay. Seems like lately we have has a large number of guests from Florida, I hope our unseasonable high humidity didnt remind too much of home this time of year. Your review is too good for me to try and match with a reply but to say that we hope you come back as much as possible. I hope we can make every trip here as memorable. Regards
Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for a night. It was fantastic! The location is in the Catalina Hills of Tucson. The pool is open 24 hours a day. I didn't see one child the whole time. It was awesome. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was fabulous. I can't say enough good things about the resort. We will be staying here again.

Dear Erin,
Thank you for making the trip to Southern Arizona to come stay with us. We like to hide the children away while our adult guests relax. Kidding of course but while kid friendly we also tend to have an older clientele. We are lucky and unique in town to have the 24 hour pool available for guests. The secluded location away from rooms allows this and the night sky is a great backdrop for a late swim when it is still in the 90's outside during Summertime. Thank you for mentioning our staffs service, they work hard everyday to provide the level of service expected here. We look forward to hosting you in the future. Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in time to catch a stunning sunset over surrounding mountain range and city of Tucson. We have travelled in the US and Europe, and lived in major cities including Chicago and New York. We had the best meal we have ever had at Hacienda. We live in Florida and hope we'll be able to make it back - It's a must-do.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Gator,
Thank yor coming to stay and dine with us recently. As an experienced and well traveled guest we sincerely appreciate your review. It means alot when soemone who has been around the world and to the finest culinary cities in America to say the best meal you have ever had was with us. Safe travels back to Florida and we also hope you can come back for another wonderful meal. Regards
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Birthday Luxury @ Hacienda del Sol
Built as an ultimate ranch school for girls for the elite in 1929, Hacienda del Sol transformed to a secret getaway for the silver screen elite including John Wayne, Clark Gable, and Hepburn & Tracy in the late 40s. Today, Hacienda del Sol seems a secret jewel of the Catalina foothills in Tucson.

Spurred by our 55th birthdays, we decided to a have an overnight getaway and found ourselves surrounded by old school elegance paired with modern day comfort. Our room was spacious and comfortable with a private patio off the back, stocked with all the basics you’d expect including delicious coffee in the room.

The grounds are beautiful, blending green and flowering splendor alongside the delicate harshness of the desert. Courtyards and secluded seating dot the grounds, along with 24 hour pool, jacuzzi and fitness room. The resort hosts two restaurants, one casual, the other a bit more formal (the Grill) where we opted to dine.

The Grill boasts a “900 label, 6,000 bottle wine cellar” and has won the Wine Spectator’s "Best of" Award of Excellence for 16 years. The sauvignon blanc and merlot we enjoyed were delicious and our dinner (filet mignon and New York steak) was melt in our mouths good. The shared dessert was delightfully presented, light, airy and yummy.

All this topped off with hospitality, grace and personalization made it the perfect birthday adventure. Whether you live in Tucson or are stopping in on your way to other destinations - this is a must experience if you are looking for a place to lay your head that provides a unique ambiance you won’t find at a chain hotel. Five stars from us!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Magpie,
Thank you for deciding to come stay with us for your 55th birthday celebration. Wanted to start by saying I absolutely love your quote about "old school elegance with modern day comfort." This is basically what we are all about blending the traditional with the new. Great to see you soaked in some of the rich history we are privy too up here.
Again love your way with words " blending green/flowering alongside delicate harshness of the desert." One of our owners and landscaping crew are passionate about not disturbing the natural environment here before us while bringing some color and beauty to the desert.
I am grateful to our restuarant staff for providing a meal and time worthy of a special celebration like yours. I will pass along your review to the management and also persoanlly to the chefs and pastry department.
I hope we can make a repeat performance for # 56, whether to stay or just come and dine. Or even a casual night out we would love to have you back, please contact me if I can assist with any arrangements. Regards

Been to Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!