“Tucson's hidden gem - the complete package” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
20% Off Plus Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Tucson, Arizona
“Tucson's hidden gem - the complete package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Whether you're a first time Tucson visitor or a local seeking a special staycation, this resort embodies the region's heritage and beauty in a unique way. Our 24 hours felt like 3 days - from massage to dining with a spectacular sunset panoramic view, to live music on the patio and amazing brunch. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for the sunset suite - room #4!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Barbi,
Thank you for coming to stay with us from within our community. It is great to get locals staying with us and many people do not even know were here, I hope with your good experience you share with those who are not familiar. Sounds like you packed quite a bit of fun and relaxation in your 24 hours. We appreciate you using many of our outlets on property and as always I will share your review with the Spa and Restaurant Management.
I appreciate you mentioning that we embody Tucson and the Southwests heritage. It is always hard in this day and age to blend all the modernization and trends while maintaining a sense of history and culture.
Please let me know if I can ever assist when your planning on coming up to stay, for a drink or another massage. Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here at the end of a long vacation that had ranged all over New Mexico and Arizona - and it was the perfect place to relax and recharge. The staff is uniformly welcoming, helpful, and humorous. The room was beautiful, with a great patio for sitting outside and enjoying the active birds of Arizona. Poor and spa were just right - and also had great views of the mountains. Late evening dining in La Terraza was tasty and well served and our breakfast in The Grill was delicious.

I also appreciated the good room service and the fact that the room came equipped with wine glasses! I can hardly wait to come back and spend more time at the wonderful inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Travel,
It sounds like you may have been the traveling partner with the previous reviewer. Thank you also for spending a moment to share your experiences with us. Again I hope the rest of your Southwestern adventure before us was as relaxing and enjoyable.
We do have a few comedians amoung our FD staff, happy to hear they blended that with helpful service. I hope our recent humid stretch didnt remind you of back home to much. Seems like the pool helped with some relief, the builders picked a great location along the arroyo to keep all the fantastic sunset etc views intact.
Its always the little things that matter most, with us being one of the best known wine restaurants in Arizona its a must to provide wine glasses in every room. Why make guests wait to start enjoying a great bottle of wine to go with the views.
We cannot wait for you to join us again, I am always available to assist with any future trip planning needs. Regards
St Augustine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was here just a few days ago at the end of a long trip through the Southwest and I loved it; my only regret was that we hadn't allotted more time for this place!

The service is perfect, with pleasant, courteous and personable staff, and the rooms are delightful little cool oases in the desert, each with their own small patio. The grounds have great plantings and are full of birds of every kind and many people seem to get up early to go out and watch or photograph the birds.

The pool and spa are outdoors and are really pleasant and soothing - and they stay open 24 hours, which is a real treat! Also worth a visit is the library/business center (although there is excellent wifi throughout), which is an old-West style comfy lounge and has great photos of the early days of the resort, when Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn escaped away to it...

I had room service (just wine and snacks) and then later ate a light bite in the Terraza, and everything was excellent. I was too late for the Grille, which closes at 8 pm, unfortunately, but next day I ordered an excellent breakfast there and I can say that everything I had was perfectly prepared and well presented. The food is good and creative, but based on old favorites, in keeping with the place.

As I say, my only regret was that I didn't stay a few more days, get a spa treatment, or even perhaps go riding (there's a stable). But there's always next time...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for visitng us all the way from Florida, I hope the rest of your trip West matched your stay with us. I appreciate taking the time to write a lovely encapsulation of your stay.
I am proud to hear that our staff provided excellent service while keeping a lighter more personable feel with you. Throughout the year we do have people specifcally stay for bird watching and our FD Manager leads nature walks during the week to highlight our surrounding wildlife and landscapes.
The original builders did us a great favor to have the pool secluded from rooms which allows us to keep open 24 hours a day. In this heat even at night still in the 90s makes this a great luxury for guests.
We appreciate you staying on property to dine, fantastic to hear that all 3 of your dining experiences were to your liking. Our breakfast service has really grown in the last year with some very well recieved menu updates and moving to the Grill where the best views are had in the morning. My apologies our Summer hours are a little shorter than normal, next time I hope you can have a wonderful dinner in the Grill
I hope we do see you in the future for a longer stay, please contact me if I can assist with any hotel, Spa or Horseback reservations
Maricopa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I booked this hotel with a Groupon and didn't really check it out. When we arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The Valet was very friendly. He offered to let us park in a spot until we checked in. The front desk clerk was very friendly and asked if we needed help with our bags. As we were walking to our room the valet told us about a few good restaurants in the area and we just had some friendly chit chat. The room was superb. There were two queen beds that were very comfortable with fluffy pillows. Our room had a balcony which was perfect for watching the sunset. In the morning we had an excellent breakfast in the restaurant (spiced french toast and caramel apple pancakes), I was impressed when the waiter poured the coffee. He went around and did not pour in front of us. I pay attention to things like that!! This is a first class resort and we will definitely return. The view of the mountains is spectacular.

Room Tip: We had room 1. The rooms in that bank are good for watching the sunset. The rooms in the courtyard...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Kathy, Thank you for trying out our new Groupon we recently launched, great to hear we exceeded your expectations. I appreciate your kind words about our Valet service, they are sometimes an overlooked member of our team and I will certainly pass along your thoughts. Despite being a free service they work just as hard for us. You stayed in one of the staffs favorite rooms # 1. As noted that patio has some amazing views of the mountains, golf course and natural landscapes. You have taught me something new regarding coffee service, I will be noticing this in the future and I believe these small details is what makes us one of the best in the city and deserving of our 4 Stars. Thank you for dining with us on property and I hope the Valet suggestions worked out well. I hope you do make it down to stay with us, we may do another Groupon and if not we typicall have various specials and discounts running. Please call me if I can assist with any reservation needs. Regards
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I enjoyed every minute of my stay at this hotel.

The atmosphere was quaint and welcoming.
I believe they only have 30 rooms.
This hotel used to be a private school for girls back in the 40's.
I loved the history and all the local vegetation to decorate the entrance.

All the staff was nice, helpful and friendly.
They helped us find a wonderful place to eat for dinner.
And we enjoyed happy hour at the hotel restaurant.
The drinks were great and our waitress was so sweet!!!

The rate was fantastic.
Mentioning TripAdvisor got us a 20% off our room since it was our first stay.
We called last min and they booked us and got us in a room quick and easy.

The room was clean, well decorated, and comfortable.
The Spanish tile in the bathroom tub was beautiful,
And the view looking over the courtyard at night was stunning.
This was not your typical hotel it is a very unique little place stay.

I wish we had stayed longer,
And when I visit I will defiantly be calling and booking here again!

Room Tip: Mentioning TripAdvisor gets you 20% off your room if it is your first stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear AA,
Thank you for visitng us from the Lone Star State, I appreciate the wonderfully delightful review you posted regarding your experience. Great to say you learned about our unique history, I hope you were able to see all the old pictures, books etc from that time period.
As mentioned we are running a special on Trip Advisor this summer where using the code on our page can get guests a 25% discount.
I am glad that our staff steered you in the right direction for dining off property but also appreciative that you took the time to go enjoy our restaurant for happy hour, half of appetizers and drinks is a great way to spend the summer afternoon here.
I see from your pictures and description you had an upstairs room in our Courtyard. These are some of my favorite rooms for waht you mention the panoramic views up there are remarkable. Also the upstairs has that advantage of the "landing" where you can sit outside and soak it all in. All of those rooms are unique and have different Spanish tiling in each bathroom.
Please do call us on your next swing through town, hopefully you can stay longer next time to enjoy more of what we have to offer. Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a modern 200+ room motel, this is not it. But, if you want a great experience with personal service, this is the place. A very nice southwest decor, with a historical perspective.

By the way, the 10 ft deep pool open 24 hours, was a great amenity.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear MI,
Thank you for coming to visit us recently. Also thank you for providing a short and sweet review of your time spent with us. I appreciate you mentioning our unique pool, we really like to sell the fact that we are one of the only hotels in town to have the pool open 24 hours. It is great to take a night swim when its still 90 degrees out under the beautiful Tucson sky.
We are definately not your standard large corporate type hotel however as you mention we still strive to provide the most personal, timely service to guests. We have the advantage of our Front Desk being able to help with check in, concierge services, any needs without having to send guests to 5 different people for help.
We would definately love to have you stay again, please contact me if I can assist with any future plans. Regards
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This wonderful hotel brings you back to the genteel days of what hospitality use to represent..superb service, very good food and the lack of corporate interference an motivation for just making a dollar...

Sprawling grounds, Spanish colonial architecture and just a southwestern vibe that is hard to find..that is what awaits you. We have been here before for the excellent food and views that take your breath away..now it's our favorite staycation get-a-way! Shhh!

Room Tip: Will do the spa next trip..stayed in the smaller rooms..quiet..charming..all the amenities...all the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear D, Thank you for making the journey to our half of the state to stay with us. I appreciate taking the time also to leave a review of your time here. I really enjoyed your first paragraph, we do run independent of any chain/corporate "interference" which allows us much more flexibility and empowerment in assisting guests, making changes on the fly and handling issues in a much quicker time frame. Dont get us wrong making a dollar is why we are here but as you say there are ways to do this while also catering to guests in flexible ways, without you and the rest of the travel community we would not exist otherwise.
Please contact me anytime if I can assist with your next stay with us, we do have a few packages that include spa services and I am happy to arrange these treatments as well as the hotel side. Regards

Been to Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!